Nvidia's Fermi GF100 set to launch by end of 2009

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 29, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Nvidia have been quiet lately and everyone is waiting to see how they can answer the brilliant new range of cards from ATI. With our other news story today that the new ATI dual core 5970 DX11 part is close to release the gulf is widening even further.

Today we had a chat with a contact close to Nvidia and we have heard that the GF100, Nvidia's 40nm Direct X 11 part is set now for release possibly mid December. Nvidia are already taking huge preorders even though it has yet to be launched and we all are positive that there will be huge shortages, whenever it is released. We would expect the initial batches to be targeted more for the server markets as Nvidia will make most money from here.

In regards to performance we can assume going on leaked information that a single core Fermi will end up faster than ATI's 5870. Right now it is all theory and gossip but technically if the facts are right, this would be true.

We will update you when we get more info.

Allan Campbell: Heaven Media

2. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

Mid December is okay. I mean, as expected, not as some of the speculations to the worse. If this means actual availability in stores, of course.

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

No way this card makes it to retail this year. I wish it were true as it would be #1 on my Christmas list but it's not gonna happen.

4. rajivsci

rajivsci New Member

zardon is right, IF technical details are what they practical will be, even the lowest Nvidia gpu will outmatch 5870 easily. Moreover, It seems to me to be a crucial strategy of nvidia to hold back there product, to look what maximum ati can offer.

even if nvidia had some problems with there hardware they would have definately removed those by now, I think nvidia will force ati to launch another 6000 series of graphic cards.

PS- whatever happens between them, I hope they reduces prices, that would be great for gamers At Large.

5. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

This is what I look forward to, the last gen of Nvidia cards had continuous price drops and I want that trend to continue. :D