Offical Show Your Rig Off

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by ReV smokey255, Nov 17, 2004.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Ouch, even I wouldn't do that! But I can imagine a screw going astray and I can imagine there being plenty of "shortable" things even in a powered off PSU. Although I do put the case on its side while I work, so it's still pretty unlikely that any renegade screw would end up inside the PSU.

2. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

No the screw isn't in the case loose, I mean when I was screwing it into the chassis it only went in halfway into its hole then stopped midway. The PSU is well and firmly in place though. :)

Edit: @IvanV oh you're replying to Judas' post, I see.

3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

The one thing I love about this case is that instead of building an alcove for the PSU to sit in (which makes installing a PSU a B!TCH to install) so that it's... compartmentalized... away from the rest of the case, they instead make a shield that is removable. With the shield on the PSU cycles it's own air (in from the bottom through the filter, out through the back), and removes that area from the equation when deciding on the airflow for the rest of the case.

4. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

The one thing I also like about this case is that it's got fans comin' out the yin yang, so basically the air my PC puts out is always crisp and cool.

Btw that shield is called a "shroud".

5. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

:p

Tomato <> tomato

Calliers likes this.
  6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Just built a guy a relatively decent system, i'm a bit disapointed in the light/flimsy build of the Coolermaster case... but i think it'll suffice, i was trying to go with one of the proper models i've been getting, but they are now costing me in around the $270 range by the time it gets into my hands, and this one was only $150 by the time it got into my hands, frankly case prices are stupidly insane.

Either way:

Ryzen 3700x + AsRock Phantom Gaming 4 x570 + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+, stuffed into a unfortunately more simplified Coolermaster Mastercase H500, powered by an Antec Semi Modular 550watt PSU, and yes currently it's just 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz

The RX 580 is not for this build, but it's a testing gpu while i receive the rest of the parts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IvanV and Dyre Straits like this.
  7. Judas

System is currently in full blown testing now with a rx 5700 xt installed and the 1TB evo plus arrived and is installed.... so for the most part, just waiting on windows licenses to show up... until then, i'll be abusing it like it were my own machine to make sure all is slick.

8. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

We ought to be making more posts in (and material for) this thread. I shouldn't be the one to criticise, though, my last platform upgrade was almost 5 years ago. And considering that it's fairly on par with high end (normal desktop) 2017 Kaby Lake parts (i.e. i7 7700K), maybe there's a bit more time left in it.

9. Judas

well i'm currently in thorough cleanup of my 8 year old rig.... i've got it somewhat torn apart and i'm trying to replace or fix and clean what needs it, i've scrubbed/washed a lot of the case without tearing components out entirely, and i'm currently wiring in new power LEDs due to the old ones burning out quite a long time ago.