Official Catalyst 8.1 Drivers - Discuss Here

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by H82LUZ, Jan 16, 2008.

1. lee786

lee786 New Member

im having the same problem with my HD2600 xt just changed it to cleartype
    but i hope they fix this soon.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Updated I just sumbit a feedback to ati on haulin' game about the Open GL issue with that game. I hope they take look at that game. Everthing works great at 7.11 drivers. Worst is 7.12 and above for my favor trucking game.

3. kill7ech

kill7ech New Member

only problem i have is locking the CCC brightness when opening counter-strike.

4. lee786

lee786 New Member

Dear Lee,
    We are aware of the problem, and it should be addressed in a future release of the driver. You may subscribe to the article for any updates on this matter.
    : Hyperlink colors are incorrect
    The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):

• [*]Internet Browsers
      [*]Catalyst Display Driver 7.12
      [*]Radeon™ HD3800 series
      [*]Radeon™ HD2900 series
      [*]Radeon™ HD2600 series
      [*]Radeon™ HD2400 series
      [*]Radeon™ X1950 series
      [*]Radeon™ X1900 series
      [*]Radeon™ X1800 series
      [*]Radeon™ X1650 series
      [*]Radeon™ X1600 series
      [*]Radeon™ X1550 series
      [*]Radeon™ X1300 series
      [*]Radeon™ X1050 series
      [*]Radeon™ X850 series
      [*]Radeon™ X800 series
      [*]Radeon™ X700 series
      [*]Radeon™ X600 series
      [*]Radeon™ X550 series
      [*]Radeon™ X300 series
      [*]Radeon™ 9800 series
      [*]Radeon™ 9700 series
      [*]Radeon™ 9650 series
      [*]Radeon™ 9600 series
      [*]Radeon™ 9550 series
      [*]Radeon™ 9500 series
      [*]Windows XP Professional
      [*]Windows XP Home Edition
      [*]Windows XP Media Center Edition
      [*]Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    Symptoms:
    Hyperlink text that should be blue appears red. Generally occurs with bolded Hyperlink text
    Solution:
    To workaround this issue, install Catalyst 7.11

ATI Engineering has been advised of this issue and is investigating. Any updates will be published when they become available.

5. Satan2k

Satan2k New Member

For short :

"don't bother us with your issues, we'll fix it when we decide to fix it ! Until that, try another crappy version, maybe a miracle will happen."

</troll>

6. CompressorX

CompressorX New Member

Ppl can anyone tell me why is every single driver set since Cat 7.12 using overlay mixer 24/7 ? I cant wathc movies on my rig coz of these stinkin drivers .. i cant wath them on extended desktop and when i try watching them on my monitor the rig freezes .. i dont get this .. why the hell did ATI crap everything up like this .. Do they think the users of their graphic cards dont use their rigs for anything else but playing games or what ?? im really pissed off by this .. cant watch any movies at all since cat 7.12 tried every single driver version and reformated C: more times than i can count ..

Really ATI you lost me as a customer with these issues and i was thinking of getting a HD3750 series and iv been using ATI cards since forever but im just going to nVidia now !!

7. nookadum

nookadum New Member

Dude, if the overlay mixer is bothering you (assuming you use Windows Media Player 9/10/11), you can disable it in the Options > Performance > Advanced... Button menu. I use Media Player Classic so I can choose which renderer to use.

The only problem I've got with the drivers (with my HD3850) is the retarded font smoothening issue and the random ati2dvag BSODs whenever I play UT3 for around 30 minutes or so (with all settings on full, and fan speed at 60%).

8. CompressorX

CompressorX New Member

Media player classic and BSplayer work at 2fps and load up my CPU to 70% when playing full screen on extended desktop and kmplayer shows that overlay mixer is in use by the display driver and can work but freezes my whole rig after a while .. I dont get why does the display driver have to use the overlay mixer when it didnt use it before 7.12 .. any way to make the driver stop using it ?

9. lee786

lee786 New Member

yeah man i hear you.

it took like for ever to even get them to admit their was a problem i lost it bigtime
    in the end and told them i would post the support they had given me on every forum
    i see the same problem

then i got that email above but adleast their admiting there is a problem
    now

10. Wayne_1

Wayne_1 New Member

I´ve also had the issue concerning the white dot in the upper left corner with the Catalyst 8.1.. but i recently installed catalyst 8.1 (drivers only, not CCC) and tried to use the CCC from Catalyst 7.12 with it and it appears that it fixed the problem with the white dot (at least for me)

i suggest those of you who actually have that annoying problem try to use the same combination as me (Driver 8.1 with CCC from 7.12) to see if it solves the problem for you too.. you can install that combination by choosing custom installation during setup and selecting driver or CCC only..

11. CATALYSTCATCHER

CATALYSTCATCHER ATI Guru

My goodness, that's harsh. :) But we are tuff.

In anycase the hyperlink color bug should be resolved in the next Catalyst release. Also the white dot in the top left corner issue.

12. nookadum

nookadum New Member

We don't mean to be offensive at all, but at least you guys at AMD/ATi know how annoying these bugs are... :p

13. CATALYSTCATCHER

CATALYSTCATCHER ATI Guru

That's OK. It is unlikely after seeing years of complaints that we will take offence. Unfortunately a thick skin is an occupational hazard for anyone who is on the recieving end of complaints. Go to any retailer and check out their complaints desk. :)

You can rest assured that we know and understand how annoying the bugs are. The silly ones that slip thru are particularly annoying to us as well.

You can also be sure we will be fixing the most offensive of the bugs. And the reason is simple. Complaints are bad for business.

However, I will add that we are not always aware of a particular problem or may have difficulties reproducing a problem, so before anyone comes here to relieve stress or find help they should send a feed back report to us. (Or vent first and then submit feedback. Well thought out details and feedback are more useful than any form of rant.)

Thanks.

CC

14. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hehe CC did you get my bug submit form on haulin game :p I just want the open gl fix in next release of the drivers :) everthing works fine up to 7.11 after that down hill.

Just Learnin' likes this.
  15. Just Learnin'

Just Learnin' New Member

Same here, 18 WOS Haulin' is toast with these drivers. X1950Pro AGP, P4C800-E Deluxe, 3.4C CPU, 2X1GB OCZ RAM

Here is the error:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 05/02/2008
    Time: 1:07:07 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: WHITE
    Description:
    Faulting application prism3d.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module atioglx2.dll, version 6.14.10.7169, fault address 0x004bf493.
    For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
    0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
    0010: 75 72 65 20 20 70 72 69 ure pri
    0018: 73 6d 33 64 2e 65 78 65 sm3d.exe
    0020: 20 31 2e 30 2e 30 2e 31 1.0.0.1
    0028: 20 69 6e 20 61 74 69 6f in atio
    0030: 67 6c 78 32 2e 64 6c 6c glx2.dll
    0038: 20 36 2e 31 34 2e 31 30 6.14.10
    0040: 2e 37 31 36 39 20 61 74 .7169 at
    0048: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 offset
    0050: 30 30 34 62 66 34 39 33 004bf493
    0058: 0d 0a ..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  16. Silent Patriot

Silent Patriot New Member

Severe lag issue noted with Asheron's Call. Video frequently gets very choppy and nearly stops, but does not lockup. Has been occurring with the past several releases.

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
    AMD FX-55 (90nm San Diego)
    4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer
    ATI x850XT PE (single card - not a Crossfire setup)
    Windows XP x64

17. sweetwood

sweetwood New Member

I also just updated drivers today and now operation flashpoint will not work. yes i know it's old but i enjoy it. using
    asus a7n8x-x mobo with athlon 2600

18. H82LUZ

H82LUZ New Member

I just dragged my task bar to the top,problem fixed.Using DVI to HDMI connection .

19. inflater

inflater New Member

Hello from Slovakia. I'm a owner of Sapphire Radeon HD 3850, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM.

As for your problems with corrupted color and if you do not wish to downgrade, find and disable the "smoothen the edges of fonts" option in control panel -> system > misc -> tab Performance -> btn Settings (sorry for rough translation as i do not own a english based WinXP).

I'm not satisfied with catalyst 8.1. The third time I turned the computer on with these drivers and logged on QIP or ICQ 6, the screen went blank with "NO SIGNAL" on the screen or the display was corrupted (lets say i saw red-white lines on the screen). Some games are acting really bad (NO SIGNAL or display bad - too) or not working at all. For example Crysis - in Catalyst 7.11, the intro logo (and the whole gameplay) had only 1-2 FPS !... 7.12 fixed this problem, but 8.1 reincarnated it again.

In Catalyst 7.12 and Half life 2, I suspected application crash in the first levels (route kanal), preceeding there were some big stutters. If I would press ESC key to jump to the main menu, the stutters were gone, but if you were resume the game again, they were all back. You could ignore the stuttering, after a while (you had to move player somewheer else) they were gone - or the app would crash.
    I've installed the 7.11, crossed through the "tricky" level part and installed back 7.12 and it worked al-rite. :)

BTW my card is not overclocked or never was, also i have the white-dot-bug too.

Kind regards
    inflater

20. HEGOM

HEGOM New Member

hello all.
    i bought a new video card for my old NF7 mobo. i mounted a x1650 pro 512mb AGP and dismissed a glorious 8500 LE.
    Iam very, very disappointed. I passed all sunday long trying to configure it. I was running fine and smooth with my old videocard and drivers. Now i will not bore you all with all what i had to do to just see window screen again on my samsung 20' lcd monitor, but at least i had to download and install latest omegadrive and now iam able to operate again, but with many limitations.
    WoW run with stuttering, no signal on digital connection to monitor, text is horrible on screen and directx test run much more slower than before !!!
    its really a shame.
    i just would ask to ATI crew: why a one-man-band like the guy of omegadrive was the only one able to make my new videocard run?
    Why the simple exchange of a videocard require 1 day of stressing test, reload, download, browsing forums and many imprecations? (and still many problems left) .
    Why with a 5 years dated ATI videocard and old drivers i can operate without problems? too bad, sorry.....

P.S. : my mobo and win are perfectly updated and iam a 26 year experienced technician still at work (iam 47 old) . i cant imagine a 'normal' user what has to do for put his videocard to work!