Oh MY!!

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by IamLakota, Jan 19, 2007.

1. IamLakota

IamLakota New Member

Well I guess I payed for and downloaded this new cleaner for nothing,
    I didnt realize before I payed and downloaded it that it requires .net bloat ware,my bad.Oh well enjoy the free 10 buck's,or use it to make this wonderful program run with out .net. Sorry if this sounds like a rant (it is)
    the whole reason I went over to nvidia was to get away from .net.

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

I don't understand why it is bad to install .NET. It does not eat or use any resource. it is only used when a program needs it. Also a lot of programs use and need it these days. HP printer software also install the .NET framework because it needs it.

When a program uses .NET it doesn't mean it is a bad program.

Ranting about a program because you don't want to install .NET is stupid and .NET is the future, because it is standard in Windows Vista.

3. IamLakota

IamLakota New Member

Spike dont get mad,DC PE is a great program and I'm sure with out a shadow of a doubt DC.net is excellent,but I hated .net from the moment Ati
    started using it for the CCC,and yes over the period of a year or more CCC got faster,but M$ doesnt tell me what I need or have to have,same with Vista
    I'll upgrade in a year or so when it has matured and has the first service pack out for it.Right now all I'm doing is playing games and enjoying my new hardware,I have my trusty DC PE installed and will use it till the cows come home,but for me .net isnt what I want on my PC,and I should have done a little further reading "before" I clicked the buy button,nobodys fault but my own.

4. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

I am not mad and i understand what you mean. At least you can use the program then when you upgrade to Vista.

5. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Todays .NET runtimes are free of problems, as in it is not messing up the system in any way to have the support for it installed. The CCC bulkiness was/is primarily related to its own design.