Okay..I need help RE: which package(s) I need to d/l - Titanium Fatality

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by n9nu, Jul 29, 2011.

1. n9nu

n9nu Pro Tools HD Engineer

Okay. I have been around the block a few times, however, I always get confused on what two packages (drivers & app suite) I need to get in order for this card to work properly. There are so many of this and so many of that type packages out there and I figured I would try these.

Card Model: SB0886
    Card Model (Human Readable) Form: SB X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion PCI-E
    Current OS: Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit

I am looking at two packages as noted below:

1. Pax X-Fi Titanium v3.60 Driver package
    2. PAX MASTER Suite V2.05

More than 3/4 of the apps I could give a rats behind about. All I want is the LATEST versions of the following apps - even if I have to grab them from another package.

1. THX Console
    2. Creative Audio Control Panel/Applet
    3. Auto mode switcher - Gaming/Audio/Recording
    4. Dolby Digital plug-in/add-on - I have the CD Key for this one.

That's it. All the other apps will be 'deep sixed' on this end.

The reason I initially yanked this and other previous SB cards straight out of my system is because of OEM driver support, low quality components which led to current leakage resulting in the usual 'snap crackle and pop' issues, and foremost: start-up/shutdown delays & resource management...or eh..lack of.

This was 2 years ago and since then have been using the 7.1 audio via my Asus 990FX Sabertooth mobo. I was surprised NOT to hear any audio anomalies and WAS surprised to find out the positional audio worked just as fine as any 3rd party card....even with Crysis 2.

A few might be wondering why I am trying to install the card and drivers again due to past issues, however, I purchased a pair of OCZ Agility III 120GB SSD's and would like to see if my past horrors are indeed over the waterfall or if the problems/issues remain.

I can go from POST to usable desktop w/o user log-in in less than 10 seconds....9.8 being the fastest, so I am willing to sacrifice a few seconds for additional driver loading.

If they still pose issues, I am going to put my M-Audio card back in and pipe it through my Pro Tools DAW and 3rd party hardware to spice things up.

Tnx Guys

Tim

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You want installed the Launcher that comes with master suite 2.05 :) thats all you need is T v3.60 drivers that should slove your issue :) Drivers first then Suite.

3. n9nu

n9nu Pro Tools HD Engineer

Hey there....tnx for the answer. I just see so many threads regarding this suite and that, etc, etc. so I just wanted to double verify.

Version 3.6 it is! Tnx a bunch and happy weekend over there.

P.S. I looked in my Control Panel (here) to add my signature, but could not find anything other than an avatar and was wondering if I was missing something or there are other requirements I need to meet in order to have one.

Not a biggie, just used to having one on each board it seems :)

Tnx

Tim