omega betas vs 29.80 drivers

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Rockhound, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Rockhound

Rockhound New Member

Hey guys in case you are interested I did a comparison of the Omega beta 29.42 vs the gainward 29.80. I used 3dmark2001se.

you can check it out at http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3750875.

The differences aren't that big however the omegas did outscore the 29.80 drivers.

The only "visible" difference I noticed was in the high detail lobby scene. The pieces of the walls that are flying around seemed more vivid and detailed than with the omegas. also the Tread on the boots seemed more detailed as well.

I'm not thru testing the overclockability but I set the the card at 320/720 and have had no hangups yet. While the max I could overclock the Omegas was 315/720.

system specs:
    CPU: P4 2.4 ghz
    Mobo: Intel D845GRG
    FSB: 133
    Memory: 256 mb
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600
    drivers: omega beta 29.42/gainward 29.80
    scores:
    Omega: 11120
    Gainward: 10993

BTW. Looking at the some of the scores posted with apprx the same setup. My scores seem well...kinda average. Does anyone have any ideas on how to up my score without disabling all the eye candy?

2. Ryoko

Ryoko American Soldier

are those scores with a defaulted video card? if they are i would say they're all right. if they're with the gf4 at maximum clock, then you have something to worry about.

3. Rockhound

Rockhound New Member

Actually both scores are overclocked scores.

the omegas were at 315/720 and the 29.80 were at 320/720.

Any ideas on what I may need to do? Not that big of a deal tho I'm getting great framerates in Quake 3. Deus Ex has fantastic Framrates with Open GL but a lot of the characters look like they are wearing pink sunglasses. DirectX is a little slower but there aren't any weird sunglasses.

Thanks for any help on this.

BTW after doing a little more tinkering I got the 29.80 up to 320/750 with no lockups. However I did notice couple of artifacts. In the dragothic low detail there was a square on the ground that was a yellow color where the rest were gray bricks. and in the point sprites test there were tiny white squares floating around the horses head.

4. Mark_Fox

Mark_Fox RIP

Re:

hehe...:lol: - yeah I think that means you overdone it a little with the overclocking :D