Overclocking software compatible with windows 8?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Travisholt92, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Travisholt92

Travisholt92 New Member

Hey, so slight issue, I recently purchased myself a little 450$ computer from best buy, amd a8-5500 processor, 8gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram, with a 350 watt power supply (go figure). threw it in a new case for better airflow, threw in a 600w power supply, liquid cooling, and an evga GTX 660 ti 2gb superclocked graphics card (so damn beautiful...) anyways. currently my cpu runs around 2 degrees celcius (very very cool..... it needs overclocking in my opinion) however i'm using the dreaded windows 8 and stuck with a 3.5ghz quad core processor with soooo much room for improvementt... There are no overclocking options in my bios and i fully intend to upgrade my motherboard (once my girlfriend gets her taxes back around my birthday, only fair i get a nice new toy when i bought her a nice new toy for her birthday which was twice the price, shes already agreed to get me one... off topic..) however until i do upgrade. im stuck without any sort of cpu overclock because im unable to find any software for windows 8 that allows me to. Anybody able to help out here?

2. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

If there's no overclocking feature in the BIOS then I don't think you're going to get very far with software overclocking tools.
    I think you're better off waiting for that imminent motherboard upgrade, personally.

3. Travisholt92

Travisholt92 New Member

alright well thank you very much for the reply