Oxide: NV GPUs do not support DX12 Asynchronous Compute/Shaders

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by IvanV, Aug 31, 2015.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

A lot of words have been exchanged over the results of the first available DX12 benchmark, part of the upcoming game Ashes of Singularity. The results have favoured AMD's DX12 implementation and that did not sit well with Nvidia who accused the developer, Oxide, that MSAA in their game was broken and should not be used. Oxide denied and even gave some technical details about their game in support of their claims, but now they have gone as far as saying that Nvidia's Maxwell GPUs powering the company's 900 series graphics cards did not support one of the DX12 new features, Asynchronous Compute/Shaders.

A thread on Reddit sums up what has been said together with sources.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i don't get why there are so many people surprised by this?

I swear some of the initial 9xx series statements made by reasonably unbiased people were questioning it's directx 12 and other api system support via async .... people sitting their scratching their heads... but due to the lack of directX12 and other api's being available to show off how even a HD7750 manages to somehow beat out some of the gpu's with twice the power by nvidia...... I was rather astounded to see how a poor little 1gb 7750 did @ 4k in directX 12 benchmarks compared to some of the nvidia's much more powerful gpus.