Pax Audigy Software Suite Spring Edition 2009

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Ya installed the Pax 6.50 don't installed drivers from software suite you might get better sound. I be releasing all sets this weekend even audigy with more tweaks :)

2. felvds

felvds New Member

Successfull instalation

Hi there. I just registered to thak you PAX for the good work on those drivers. They worked a marvel for me and my system.

I didn't have to use the original drivers to get it done. I wonder if you guys that used them in the end didn't just revert back to the originals.

My step by step is as follows:
    1)Remove creative software and drivers. Run Driver Cleaner or similar in safe mode. Reboot.
    2)Install Software in 2009 Spring Package (setup.exe found in audigy4/audio/setup/). Reboot.
    3)Close Creative applications running.
    4)Install PAX 6.50 Drivers for Audigy. Reboot.
    5)Crystal clear 24-bits sound.

I have encountered problems in the process and tried several times before achieving success. Everytime I have done it step by step, cleaning previous mess.

Finally I still had trouble with some factors in the successfull try:
    a)Windows found my new hardware before I could install the driver. Leaving the windows detection open I had to manual advance it during driver instalation.
    b)After detection and recognition of adequate new drivers, the driver setup program kept running until I force-quit it.
    Other than that, after boot everything went perfect.

Again, thank you.

3. Robert McClelland

well updated tweak is out for Audigy 6.55 set now ;)

4. flash8pro

flash8pro New Member

First of all, THANKS for this great set of drivers! I have an Audigy 2 ZS and an Audigy 2 ZS Notebook cards, and they both sound GREAT with these drivers. I have no idea what you did (without changing the hardware!) or that Creative left so much on the table for improvement, but great job.

Now that the obligatory compliments are out of the way, I'd like to share some of what I've found. BTW, I'm running Win XP Pro SP3 on both my laptop and desktop. I have a 5.1 speaker setup on my desktop.

For the Audigy 2 ZS Notebook card, I've found that the procedure listed by felvds (two posts above) works perfectly. I followed it exactly, except I kept my "Feature Update Selection Utility" installed during the process -- this is unique to the Notebook card because the way my laptop is set up, the internal laptop speakers are only accessible by pumping the sound from the Audigy card through the internal sound card. Otherwise I can't play sound from the Audigy on my laptop speakers - only through the Audigy external mini jack (to headphones or external speakers).

This little utility from Creative allows the Audigy to communicate with the internal card. This has always worked - but the sound would tend to lag after awhile (i.e. the audio heard was 1-3 seconds behind where it should be). I always assumed this was an unavoidable consequence of interfacing two sound cards (not a good idea in general). Now that I've installed the PAX drivers - there is NO lag whatsoever. It works flawlessly, still works with the internal speakers, and sounds fantastic to boot!

For the laptop, the software package installed the Audio Console and the THX Setup Console. It has everything I need, and in my opinion has eliminated some of the bloat from the regular Creative apps. I could always install the original notebook apps if I felt the need to.

As for my desktop (with the Audigy 2 ZS card), I found the procedure to be a bit different. IMO, the "Software Package" is not needed for the Audigy 2 ZS card. On my notebook card, it installed the THX Console --- but on my desktop it didn't install anything really (except a product registration link). Also, the EAX settings weren't quite working right - my center channel sound was a bit weak (I later found out that this was due to not all of the Speaker Volume channels being present in the Windows Volume Control utility, and the center channel is always set lower than the rest for some reason on a new driver install, see below).

How I fixed my desktop sound is by doing the following. I skipped the Software Package entirely since its benefit seems to be in providing the apps for Audigy 4 and XFi users - not to Audigy 2 cards. The driver included in it also appears to be older than the 6.50 package drivers.

Instead, after I completely uninstalled the creative apps/drivers, I installed the PAX 6.50 Driver Package and then followed it with an install of the original applications. Be sure to do a custom install and uncheck the "Windows drivers" box at the bottom when you install the apps, otherwise the old drivers will install over the new PAX drivers.

Then I went into the Windows volume control in Start Menu > Accessories > Entertainment and made sure "Advanced Controls" was checked under "Options". I then clicked on the "Speaker Volume" button and set all of the speakers to max - this will fix the weak center speaker volume when using CMSS or CMSS2 in the EAX Console (on a 5.1 speaker setup).

I then went into the EAX Console and THX Consoles and set everything up like I normally do - in EAX I go to "Effects" and click "Enable Audio Effects" - I check "Advanced EQ" and highlight "Rock". Under "CMSS 3D" I select "CMSS".

Cliffs:
    On Audigy 2 ZS Notebook card:
    1) follow felvds' procedure.

On Audigy 2 ZS (Desktop) card:
    1) uninstall all Creative drivers/apps in Add/Remove Programs
    2) use driver cleaner if you have it
    3) reboot
    4) install PAX 6.50 Driver Package
    5) reboot
    6) install apps from original app CD
    7) configure app settings to your liking, check speaker volume in Windows Volume Control so all speakers set to max.

5. Robert McClelland

Thanks I might work on pax 6.50 set more next week will see I got my aunt and uncle comming up plus my second bro too. I'd might be busy durning midweek. Plus I want start working on PCI E Drivers too. Get those new tweaks I found out too :). Ya everone please used PAX 6.50 set it's most stable set right now :) with the tweaks.

6. steves6403

steves6403 Active Member

hey rob
    Pax Audigy Software Suite Spring Edition 2009 is there an iso format for this....... as i ,m having trouble using the un iso edition ?
    cheers steve

7. Robert McClelland

You have to go to audigy 4 folder then Audio then Audio setup then Setup.exe I hope that helps mate.

8. Jasy

Jasy New Member

Can i use this software and the new pax drivers to work with music recording/producing, using ASIO and all the other stuff?
    btw, i have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro and i'm about to build a home studio.

9. Robert McClelland

not sure mate I don't have Audigy card anymore.

10. Jasy

Jasy New Member

Ok. I'll try it :)

11. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I get the message: the audio device supported by this application is not detected. The application will now exit.

This is with the EAX control and equalizer, the diagnostics tool fails it's tests too.. what to do?

12. Robert McClelland

Whats your Device ID?

13. Neshi

uhm.. I don't know, how can I retrieve that?
    I'm running an Audigy 2 ZS btw.

14. Robert McClelland

Easy go to run box type in bold DXDIAG then save your info after it's done loading. There new official set of audigy drivers I release updated tweaks your welcome to try that out.

15. Neshi

So I should install the official drivers, then your drivers, and then this software suite?

All I want is to adjust my sound so it sounds good.. somehow the voices in movies don't sound good to me.. Music etc. sounds perfect..

16. Robert McClelland

17. Neshi

no, I've installed the V1.10 version you released

18. Robert McClelland

installed newest one :).

19. Neshi

the v1.20 you uploaded recently you mean?

20. Robert McClelland