PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.30 Default Tweak Edition

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.30 SpecialTweak Edition
    http://dl.technewshw.com/driver/PAX...OS Driver Suite V2.30 SpecialTweak Edition.7z
    From N brown idea.
    In mid.ini changed mid and speaker mids to 45% mid high and all speaker mid highs to 45%
    In speaker.ini changed mids frequencies to 65%
    speaker bass to 140%
    speaker clear bass to 130%
    clear treble to 90%
    Voice vocal, Clear Voice and Clear Tone all to 90%

PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.30 Default Tweak Edition
    http://dl.technewshw.com/driver/PAX...S Driver Suite V2.30 Default Tweak Edition.7z
    40Hz~20KHz change all infs to that :). Nothing changes from one above Enjoy.

2. olymind1

olymind1 New Member

thank you, both of you, for V2.30 SpecialTweak Edition :D

3. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Pax is the man all to him ;-) I have continued tweaking and found that in the mid.ini I needed to take clear mid down from 65% to 45% also really healps the vocals balance eben better on my horns anyway lol. Gotta remember I am testing on a PA system with high power wide dispersion horns so my uuper mids tend to be brighter where I think a good home system is brighter in the high treble usually.:)

4. archaven

archaven New Member

downloading special edition (nbrown tweaks) and see if it's nice :).

ya.. the 2.25 and 2.30 the mids and highs seems overly flung off. it's too sharp even at 45% treble lol. xfi elite pro here by the way.

anyway how you guys changes those files? if so i don't have to redownload the whole driver though :p

5. Robert McClelland

You search the files in system 32 and wow 64 like bass.ini thats it :)save and reboot. So your staying mids bit to high at 65%?

6. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Yea mids are too high now lol I will attach my current setting only changes in mid.ini and speaker.ini need to rest the ears then come back at it to fine tune and remember the ability to do this is so we all can customize to our own systems and ears ;-)

The attached files are in PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.30 Default Tweak Edition\Drivers\wdm\common folder with .ini extensions just rename your current ones to .bak and drop these in and run setup from the wdm folder if you wanna try em these have clears mids dwon to 45%.

P.S. Robert the mids are down to 45% pretty much except lows and the mid frequency range in speaker.ini is at 65% so yep the mids are real bight since 2.25 is that what normalize matrix is doing that you posted about before?

Bummer I forgot to lower the speaker treble in speaker.ini it was at 110% it is now at 100% open the attached speaker.txt file look for
    Configuration\FrontSpeakerTreble,110% change that too 100% and the next 5 lines too 100% :) remember also to change these .txt files to .ini to actually use.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  7. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Quick post was just checkin with eq (don't normally use eq lol) and it is still bright at 4k even with the lowering of the mids so I will try a few settings with them even lower lol and let ya know how it goes

8. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Ok 52 reboots later ;-) lol I had a Homer Simpson moment DOH!! 4Khz is the vocal range area umm lines in speaker.ini voice vocals clearvoice and cleartone DOH these should affect 4Khz lol so 52 setting changes later approx. some may have been from earlier lol I have A kick ass speaker.ini that I was able to crank up til they could hear it at the main house 2 acres away lol and it sounded nice and clean right in front of it lol.

In speaker.ini midfrequencies back to 100% from 65%
    Highfrequencies down to 90% from 100%
    Centerfrequencies down to 60% from 100% (first time trying center)
    voicevocal down to 40% from 95% (i Think it was)
    clearvoice down to 40% from 90%
    cleartone down to 40% from 90%

I'm on a mission to get em perfected lol DJ'n a wedding one week from saturday ;-)

You gotta try this edit MUSICGASM here roflolo!!!

Updated speaker.ini is attached as .txt simply change to .ini and put in that common folder (baking up old one if needed first) and see what you think.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  9. jontsok

jontsok New Member

The first thing I did was set the speakers to default after installing the drivers. If I turn the sound to max I can just hear the test sounds coming out of the speakers. The speakers (creative 7700 i think) work fine on the onboard sound card.

I would be grateful for any other suggestions.

thanks

10. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Ok time for the daily dump lol I really liked the set yesterday but when I got back to it today fresh ears nope not balanced so another 49 reboots (different tweak settings) and I have a better balance now. A little brighter but sounds clean here. Let me know what ya think.

mids.txt and speaker.txt attached anyone who wants to try em change em to .ini files and drop em in PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.30 Default Tweak Edition\Drivers\wdm\common
    Remember to backup old ones or can always extract fresh from original driver of course.

Attached Files:

11. N Brown

N Brown New Member

I know this sounds silly but did you double check 1/8" jacks? are you running in 7.1 mode with onboard and the X-fi? have you tried stereo or older driver maybe? Headphones? Just tryin to through anything out there I can think of lol.

12. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Well as you have seen I have been trying different paths to clean em up lol I now have the mids.ini back to default could not get it that way and now have lowered in speaker.ini highfrequencies, crisp and supercrisp instead to clean up the bright vocal overtones. check out attached speaker.txt wiil attach the mids.txt just to verify you can see it is default ;-)

Calling this this the Grand Funk - Closer To Home Tweak .:rofl:

New day new inspiration from the 1.50 drivers lol
    Bass now 140% main setting in bass.ini
    Mids now at 50% main setting in mids.ini
    The only thing I have changed in speaker.ini is lowfrequencies 110%.
    Had never tried to change the main mid setting in these drivers that really took away the annoying overkill in the upper mids.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  13. N Brown

N Brown New Member

Well I was getting to the point of realizing this driver will not clean up so I started thinking about what else may have changed and I saw Robert post the normalize matrix settings. I looked at 1.50 drivers they were 85% there
    and they are 65% now SO I did this in subwoofer.ini Definately where the problems are with Noy being able to clean this driver up. Now I will wait for Robert before doing anything else.

Configuration\NormalizeMatrix,75%
    Configuration\Matrix,75%
    Configuration\CrossOverNormalizeMatrix,75%
    Configuration\CrossOverMatrix,75%

14. MohamedEmad

MohamedEmad New Member

is this the final version of v2.30 or not ?
    is it 100% ready for windows 8 ?

15. Robert McClelland

Yes Default it is. For windows 8 it does installed but save settings won't save it you have do each time. There no way I can fix at my end. Only creative know how do that.

16. robalm

robalm New Member

Windows 8 pro -64 RTM. Sound is saving perfect now, The problem was caused by the windows hibernate (do not turn hibernate before you install the Pax driver Suite)
    This is what i did.

1: Install Windows 8
    2: Disable driver sign
    3: install PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.25
    4: Reboot
    5: Configre the sound settings you want
    6: Turn of the computer
    7: Turn on the computer and see if the changes you made is saved
    8: Reboot the pc (settings sould still be saved)
    9: Turn off hibernate (open cmd as admin and type this: powercfg -h off)
    10: Done!

Works perfect for me, hope it works for you guys that have problem with saving.

17. Robert McClelland

You try new v2.30 set there going live this coming Friday :)

18. Robert McClelland

I'll try at matrix @75% let you know how it is. I'm shocked it been quite lately lol.

19. jontsok

jontsok New Member

At max volume I can only just hear "hells bells" starting up with either headphones or on speakers and with lots of distortion. Everything is plugged in and I am using the same speakers as I used with the onboard (now disabled in the bios). I am in 7.1 mode but other modes make no difference. Older drivers did not seems to work that is why I tried these ones. Is the card dead, capacitors blown though they don't look it?

20. jontsok

jontsok New Member

If this card is dead what is my best alternative to convert my old LPs to digital?