PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.30 Default Tweak Edition

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Aug 17, 2012.

1. gk8aq

gk8aq Active Member

News flash

In Windows 8 in control panel --> speaker properties it gives me option 32bit / 192 Khz WOW !!!
    In Windows 7 24bit / 192 Khz so more audio depth in windows 8 lol. I dont know if it is fake but it has this setting and it works!
    My current audio card X-Fi Elite Pro (with audiophile equipment)

2. fighter

fighter New Member

hi robert, your driver is working great, i just have one question:
    i remember that in the past driver made the console launcher, show the speaker mode but you couldn't change it but clicking on it, to change it, you had to go to control panel>sound>choose speakers, click on configure button and then choose another configuration of speakers and then it would change.
    also, you could change to headphones mode by clicking on a checkbox at the blue console launcher.

right now with the current driver, it works just like creative's driver, so i wondered if it is possible to get it to work like that again.

the feature is called "optimize speaker output for headphones"

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  3. Skier7667

Skier7667 New Member

I've downloaded and installed the latest - PAX MASTER PCI XFI ALL OS Driver Suite V2.30 Default Tweak driver set on Windows 8 Release Preview, but still getting crackling sound on my Creative X-Fi Music Extreme card. I've tried starting from a clean slate, but that doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Any other setting I should change after install or prior to install? Appears that all the Creative apps load fine, like THX, but even testing from there, I get crackling sound.

I know the card works fine because I have on their own separate drive Windows XP and Windows 6 64 and the 5.1 sound works stupendiously!

Ideas anyone?

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Wait for 2.35 I found what causing the cracking issue I had extra speaker line in ent game and audo mode plus new set would support True Blu Ray HD Audio ;)

5. Skier7667

Skier7667 New Member

Hi Robert,

Thank you for responding! I'll await the new 2.35 version - hopefully it won't be too long. Can't wait to have normal sound. Been dealing with the crackling sound and install/uninstall over and over, hoping to see if even trying one of the drivers that work in Win 7 and installed in compatibility mode on Win 8 would work. But no good.

Thanks!:confused:

6. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member