PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2014V 1.30 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default Tweak Edition

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you delete from start menu and program folder and clean with reg cleaner? and try reinstalled when last time you had full hard drive scan check?

2. Jay_ombie

Jay_ombie New Member

All I did was install the Windows Driver, everything else was the same version.

3. Robert McClelland

Did you disable driver sign so box pop open?

4. Jay_ombie

Jay_ombie New Member

Driver Sign ?.... the authenticity one you mean ?

I acknowledged what was needed and it installed fine according to the box reports on screen.

So a little puzzled...

I went back to the 1.15 and just installed the driver and all is well. So I must be doing it right, its just that 1.30 has changed some how with what it does for me.

5. Jay_ombie

Jay_ombie New Member

Okay - went and re-installed everything this time - completely removing the old and placing this one the new over the top.

I see the difference straight away, with this one I have something called APOWERSOFT_AudioDevice appear. I had to disable this to re-enable my Creative card. Now things seem to be working again ok. But where did this other device suddenly come from ?

6. Robert McClelland

No clue if you have power hook up to champ series that might be only clue that means it's working very well

7. DonSimon

DonSimon New Member

The PAX 1.30 drivers did the trick for me! After some days of hassling with the original creative drivers that didn't work this solution helped me out. :) The Pax 1.10 en 1.15 still gave me errors but now I am running the XtremeMusic fine under windows 8.1 Pro. I even got the volume icon in the taskbar :)

After updating I get thie autoupdate utility of Creative, is it safe to use?

8. Balantakos

Balantakos Member

no new updates?

9. xabre

xabre New Member

Hi, just installed these on X-Fi xtrememusic and ohh boy GO AWAY REALTEK onboard alc 892... Since XP never used this card, was in the attic...

Anyway installed on windows 8.1 doing the digital sign trick, had to disable secure boot in bios, crap new motherboards, and had to disable gpu boostbecause gpu is in the same IRQ as creative PCI slot, no more space to put the card, well there is one, right after the main pci express where the gpu is, that one is in another IRQ but cant put it there ;/

So far so good, amazing sound, and i can give a crap about gpu boost anyway...

Everything installed perfect, THX is back, i love to see THX in the settings, and i can feel it in movies :D
    But still the switch mode crashes, idc anyway i always use entertainment mode so just need it to change one time, never will use it again i hope xD

Again thanks for your work, creative should pay you for this.

10. demonixient

demonixient Active Member

Have the bass and/or treble levels changed? My sound doesn't quite have that rich feeling as it did in v1.15 using the same bass and treble settings. I think v1.15 sounded warmer?

11. Robert McClelland

I think they sound much louder at my end did you try adjust your speaker settings hz khz?

12. myconcern

myconcern New Member

Is there to force X-Fi to play 192kHz, card clock goes up to 96kHz?

13. Robert McClelland

You can try tweak force it I highly doubt it would work you never know.

14. Antmax

Antmax New Member

These drivers work fine for me. Though the reason I tried them instead of creatives still persists. For some reason my xifi gamer cards mic doesn't work in win8.1 with either this driver or creatives.

I do have a USB headphone dongle thing that allows it to work, but it would be nice if the standard creative card sockets did too.

15. Robert McClelland

If does this you may need get the z series if you have PCIe board ;)

16. myconcern

myconcern New Member

How and where?

17. Robert McClelland

18. Antmax

Antmax New Member

The mobo diagram
    It's definitely PCI. I looked for a thread I read that may shed some light on the matter. It's quite common on 64bit systems. Someone describes the PCIe problem below, primarily with PCIe but perhaps it's the same on some PCI cards sharing the same chip but being old was never addressed.

Any of the Creative PCI Express sound cards with a DSP end-runs a known hardware issue with the PCI sound cards (specifically, the X-Fi cards) unrelated to the issue you're having.

The issue is an address bug at the 4 GB area (therefore, it only affects PAE-equipped or x64 operating systems AND if you have 4GB or more of system RAM) - it was a minor nuisance with XP; however, it's a decidedly bigger issue given the x64 boom since. The "bug" manifests inWindows 7 or later as a BSOD (WHEA_UNRECOVERABLE_ERROR).

While the Z is the latest/greatest PCI Express sound card, the earlier PCI Express sound cards (Recon3D, TitaniumHD, etc) use the same SoundCore DSP that the Z does - the difference is that the Z series has newer DACs and supporting electronics.

That particular issue is, in fact, the ONLY issue I had with my low-profile XtremeGamer - however, that was ALSO the reason I retired it (replaced by a refurbished Recon3D Fatality) and did NOT pass it to my Mom (which is atypical) - she has more system RAM than I do.

Curiousity factor - I have to wonder if the Recon3D could, in fact, use the same software that the Z does (remember, the same was largely true of the Audigy and X-Fi, despite the DSP differences - the Recon3D and Z don't differ even there).