PAX PCI Audigy OS 6.50 is out!

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

Hi Robert i find some weird things on WIN 7.
    EAX: the options especial effects and EQ dont appear.
    CMSS 3D: CMSS 2 and surround steréo dont appear to.
    without these options the sound is sux =(

EAX and sorround mixer software dont work.

With you can add EQ. EAX, and THX software to driver (working perfectly) and fix this bugs, this driver will be the best AUDIGY 2ZS DRIVER EVER!!!!

You are a great guy, thanks to make my audigy 2 zs reborn

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hi Did you try audigy win 7 driver set?
    http://www.driverheaven.net/youp-pax-drivers/181620-pax-pci-sb24-audigy-os-win-7-v1-00-a.html ? Let me know if that one works all tune up have same great setting :)

3. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. Robert McClelland

ah ok. Did you try reinstalled your software with the drivers sometimes I find that might help there no audigy 2zs driver for windows 7 that might fix the issue later on once creative least it.

5. Emberstrife

Emberstrife New Member

Hey man, great work. The sound quality is top-notch with this package, it's as if I changed my sound card. No other driver package even comes close. You're doing a great job with these drivers, a big thanks from me. Keep it up!

Running this on a vanilla Audigy 2.

I have the same problem with this particular 6.50 pack under Win7 as I had with the official drivers - the sound becomes "corrupted" and turns into violent noise after a while, requiring reboot. I'll try your Win7 pack and post back results.

Edit: trimmed post

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  6. Robert McClelland

Thanks Ya I'm waiting on Audigy drivers for windows 7 :) hehe. Soon creative lease them out I put them out soon as possible. You might wnat reinstalled it I find it helps once while. That way it's in the system for sure. Did you used driver cleaner? Ya you welcome try Audigy win 7 pack but no audigy 2 or ZS support though mainly it's for Live and SB 24 bit cards and some audigy cards.

7. Emberstrife

Emberstrife New Member

Yeah, can't install it. That's a pity.

The main reason I use PAX drivers for Win7 is because they are the only drivers I managed to get to work on Win7 without them eventually crashing.

Not sure what I did to make them stable last time.

No idea why they crash either. KX drivers, official creative ones, daniel_k's drivers - sound breaks all the same under win7 eventually.

8. hshah

hshah New Member

Can I get EAX and CMSS 2 working in Vista 64bit with these?

9. Robert McClelland

your welcome to try I don't know I don't have vista only xp

10. Wishmaker

Wishmaker New Member

These drivers work great on Windows 7 x86 but :

1. No ASIO :(.
    2. Not enough Bass :(.
    3. Mids are higher on W7 than on Vista. It seems the W7 audio layer is different ... again :p.
    4. Treble is a bit washed out :(. High frequency notes do not maintain their quality, they drop :(.
    5. Treble and Bass levels are not stored :(. Reboot W7 and I loose them, I have to go to playback devices, properties and move the sliders :(.

Other than that ... thanks Rob, my audigy works on W7 :). Gimme a THX Console, EAX Console, EQ, and Proper Surround :).

Pretty please ;).

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  11. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

PS: CMSS 1,2 and surround sound, dont work too :(

All pax drivers for w7/xp/vista dont work fine, always missing something as bugs or defects, robert i know you work hard, but these drivers sux (sorry too speak like that) i really appreciate your work, you are a great guy.
    The official creative drivers are a complete waste of time, all crap!!
    These weeks are looking to sell my Audigy 2 ZS, precisely because all the packages of drivers are a mess and they do not work with all features,
    always missing something.

God when we have decent driver for the Audigy 2 ZS WHEN?
    Much lack of respect for the creative with their consumers:annoyed:

Look at this unofficial driver made by daniel k
    http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=139702

BUT:
    Advanced EQ and Special FX not available on Windows 7 / Vista
    These presets don't work on Windows 7 / Vista.
    There is no sound in games with OpenAL support on Windows XP
    Disable Advanced EQ and Special FX selecting "No effect" before running the game or program.
    Equalizer settings are lost
    When you run a game with OpenAL support or using Creative ALchemy, the Equalizer settings are lost.
    (I hate this bug)

And the sound quality sux

"ALWAYS MISSING SOMETHING"

What made me choose YOUR driver was because the sound quality is better, even with several bug, also daniel k has too, and the problem of equalizer.
    The package of programs that has this driver is better than yours, the equalizer bug stink, but the sound quality of the driver is worse compared to PAX drivers, if you could do a package like that, with this facility at the time of install and without the equalizer damn bug and some bugs driver pax fixed, their drivers will be without doubt the best undoubtedly

My question is, do you can make this packate of drivers/programs like the daniel k do? With pax drivers (without bugs) EAX Working on vista/7 and without equalizer's bug?
    I'm just trying to help by joining the 2 drivers that have good to form a great driver

The package of the driver Daniel is far easier to install, and honestly if he had not equalizer bug and bad sound quality, I would use this driver

I really appreciate your work, if not I would not be writing this to help you and me of course :)

Robert you are my only hope to keep alive my Audigy 2 ZS...:sigh:

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO US:tears:

12. Robert McClelland

Did you try software suite? You might have replace the Pfmod.dll in driver after you installed it. Ya I can tune up bass more :) Next time I PM you support cab so you test to see if bass ok for you then. I might refix EQ bug then if still there then :). I have go back where it was working before the mess hehe.

13. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

I tried, but like I said, it is very complicated, I confess that I could not use, The package of programs the daniel is better because it is very simple, just click on setup.exe and everything is installed, the package is better than yours, except for the bug equilizer, EAX and sound quality and his driver dont work cmss 1 and surround (He even explains why it).
    The software suite operates on 6.45 (i think 6.45 best then 6.50, but only cmss2 works)? Just change the Pfmod.dll? What is the procedure and then install the driver software and ready?
    The drivers that you modified, you can improve the processing by the DSP in order to increase the FPS in some games, or relieve the processor?

you can put these changes in the driver package?

"+ Only Driver mod Support BASS
    + Fine tune drivers more better sound.
    Crystal clear true 24bit sound"
    CMSS 1,2 and surround sound working
    EAX working on vista/7 in the games

Could give some attention to the microphone too? I think in all versions have it, the sound in the steam after a while is very huge and people do not understand what I speak and using msn in w7, the bastard is very low because the msn insist on automatically lowers it too, I think is a problem related to the mic boost and volume (I need to use the boost +20 db, because of my microphone)

The Audigy 2 ZS is a very good soundcard and should not be treated this way by the creative.
    I'm using XP and the W7 7127 and have the great pleasure to help you:)

14. Robert McClelland

Ya I can up the Mic boot setting if you need to you can try let me know when it works You can contact me on my profiles I'm busy playing my ps3 today so You can contact me later tonight if you want too. I'm hoping going 3megs down and 1.5megs up today depends on my friend he hooking up new tower in the area today depends he have time after that if not might have wait to Monday would see. If you know what installer he using I'm not good with installers lol Thats why I'm not that great in programing with installers I wish I knew how if you know how to it that be great help for me lol.

15. shanrulez

shanrulez New Member

I dont know too :(
    And the night I think I will not be online, if you have msn put an mp, we could communicate better in.​

16. Robert McClelland

Ya I have msn messeger :)

17. mx19

mx19 New Member

hi!

firstly i would like to thank you robert for your great job.

i but ive got one problem and i dont have any idea how to solve it.
    ive got audigy 1 sb0230 pci card and id like to have eax custom equalizer (in creative audio console?) because i dont like the predefined options.
    i frequently listen to bootlegs that often dont have good sound quality and custom eq is very usefull for me (currently i use software winamp eq but i really would like to use hardware one).
    ive got this option in kxdrivers but it wasnt very comfortable in use for me.

could you advice me what to do to get customisable dap-based graphic equalizer?

thanks in advance
    chris

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  18. Robert McClelland

Well there AC3 filter you can try as another EQ one.

19. mx19

mx19 New Member

ive got ac3 filter for winamp, but it works only with ac3 files and - i guess - its software based.
    i just would like to have graphic equalizer like in this one added to creative audigy2 or audigy4 drivers.
    i found some insturctions how mod audigy 1 to 2zs etc. with working equalizer but all links to needed files are dead (in example for ctcomp.exe, or for file that patches the creative graphic equalizer) =(
    even one of them bases on your YouP-PAX-A4v1.02.exe.
    could you help me somehow to solve this problem? because i tried few methods (and drivers) and i still cannot get this eq =/

chris

20. Robert McClelland

Can you show me what you need to by pic? lol You have YouP-PAX-A4v1.02.exe. by chance? ehhe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.