Pax PCI X-Fi All OS Software Suite Summer 2009 +Updated Drivers

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Dakana

Dakana New Member

That's interesting. I guess it must be a hardware fault then? Well, Creative certainly aren't going to do anything about it. I think I'll bin my X-FI... onboard sound can't be that bad, especially with the XFI-Mb software.

2. tuelmasok

tuelmasok New Member

New to your forums which are great btw. I'm confused as to which is best the summer software suite 2009 or v1.10 ?

3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I'm going release the Summer suite with the right tweaks from the v1.10 set :). But you can go ahead installed v1.10 tweaks. Just don't installed drivers from the Suite hehe.

4. tuelmasok

tuelmasok New Member

Can anyone offer any advice please? My soundcard(Xfi) is working ok(ish) and is visible to the Creative Autoupdate software but I want to install the summer suite. When I go to Audio\Setup\setup the install shield wizard starts but I get a message saying that setup cannot detect a supported product on my system. This is rubbish as it is installed and working and visible in the Hardware Manager. I have Vista x64 sp2 installed.

5. Robert McClelland

Hi Mate did you used Driver Cleaner by chance? You need do that first before installing suite. I'd might not have your Device ID then if driffter?

6. fromdetroit7

fromdetroit7 New Member

hey Robert great work! I'm having trouble figuring out which is best for my Audigy 2 zs platinum on Win7 x64, the device ID is PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_20061102&REV_04
    do you have support for this already?

7. Robert McClelland

8. niuus

niuus New Member

Are those specific changes included in the XFI All-OS-Driver V1.10 release? I'm looking forward to it to make my XtremeMusic SB0460 work as intended, with the missing Decode tab.

I will be testing 1.10 before downloading the whole suite. If anyone has some experience please share. Thx!

EDIT: well, 1.10 didn't worked (no decode tab). Any advice?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  9. Robert McClelland

not all cards will have decorder tabs do u have uaa music card? my xfi music card in other old does have it and my xfi champ too. u might have to by ddl pack only way.

10. niuus

niuus New Member

Nope, my card is not UAA, but i found out it's a SB0467 (as reported here). I finally made it work using this old release of yours. It would be great if you could update your new releases with this important capability. That driver it's the only one working from all the many drivers i've installed & tested! (believe me, TOO many)

11. Robert McClelland

Only problem is I need to know what file look for lol.for your card. Whats wierd my xfi music in my moms old pc does have decorder tabs my xfi champ with bay also have decorder tabs I still think kinda weird for you not having them you have pick of your audio con?

12. niuus

niuus New Member

Well, downloading right now to see if it does something for the missing Decoder tab :sigh:...

EDIT: Testing the CD right now, the autorun.inf starts \Ctrun\Start.exe, but it just stays in a grey empty box, doing nothing (but consuming 20% of CPU). Killed the process, ran demo.bat, Software Installation Selection started, seems ok now.

EDIT2: Up to this point, the 1st error came up:
    [​IMG]

EDIT3: You're missing just 2 nice applications, mainly:
    Creative AutoMode Switcher
    Creative Entertainment Center (vital for those of us with the X-Fi I/O console and remote control)

Creative Console Launcher is outdated (latest being CSL_PCAPP_LB_2_61_09.exe).

EDIT4: Creative Software AutoUpdate wasn't checked for installation, yet it still installed. Easy fix for you, i guess.

EDIT5: Well, still no decode tab =P.

EDIT6: Running Audio Console gives this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  13. Chert

Chert New Member

hi. i'm also not getting the decorder tabs. my card is an x-fi xtreme gamer fatality pro. i hope you guys can help me. thanks.

14. Robert McClelland

Ya ok floks like I said I get to later on I'm going start working on PCI E drivers next ok? Does anyone know which is newer suite then? I have vista one from 07 does anyone have updated one thats has everthing? thanks

15. niuus

niuus New Member

I don't know if this was what you asked for, but the latest version for the Creative Console Launcher is here, an the Creative Entertainment Center is here: version 3 (this is the one that i've tested the most) and version 5 (testing right now).

For the version 5 apparently you need to add a support.cab to make it work with the X-Fi, let me know if you need it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  16. Robert McClelland

Can you show me your pick of audioconsole with out your decorder tabs thanks. Hmm I do have first cd that came with my software suite :) that creative ent center hehe. but it's cd though I been using vista one because updated THX stuff. I can try to see if I can make new suite with updated software with using cd that came with my xfi champ card with i/o drive bay :)

17. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

I can confirm that after "instaling" the pax drivers, if you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Pax X-Fi All OS Software Suite Summer 2009\Pax X-Fi All OS Software Suite Summer 2009\Audio\Setup it works fine

Also the THX console now works properly. It was screwing up my bass with the older version for XP and with the latest console launcher

18. niuus

niuus New Member

I can't open Audio Console because of the error pictured in my above post, but i can at least open Audio Control Panel, if i go through Start>All Programs>Creative.

The picture without decoder tab, nor SPDIF decode option:

[​IMG]

The only set making the Decoder tab and SPDIF decode option appear is YouP Xfi driver 3.63.03.

19. Robert McClelland

Ya I look into more. Do you have I/O drive bay? You need that to have Spdif make it work and it will show up.

20. Robert McClelland

Your welcome Pimp :). How do the new drivers sound to you better then your other version?