Pax X-Fi All OS Software Suite Fall 2009

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

PAX Read me
    Pax X-Fi All OS Software Suite Fall 2009

“Tweaked Edition”

Supported cards:
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty® Professional Series
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
    Sound Blaster X-Fi
    Soundblaster X-Fi OEM Cards: Dell, HP and Gateway
    Soundblaster X-Fi UAA Music cards

Supported OS:
    XP, Vista, Win7
    32 and 64Bit

Based on:
    SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013

Changes:
    + Updating tweak settings
    + Added Shut down fix.
    + One more support card to the set.

http://dl.technewshw.com/drivers/Pax X-Fi All OS Software Suite Fall 2009.7z
    Enjoy You don't need XFI OS V1.25 drivers anymore you can used updated set now Shut down fix is in the driver set Enjoy. I won't be around in Oct or Nov. I'm moving to Ohio. My Last Internet is Tuesday. Will see. I might be in hotel for while to we find new home. Once I get my new home I put up new city or town where I'm going live at. I might still checking forum on weekend if I visted my two bros durning weekend will see. Wish me luck finding new place to live and fast.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  2. spikasoft

spikasoft New Member

download link not working.

3. Robert McClelland

working fine for me mate try opera ;)

4. Beans&Franks

Beans&Franks New Member

Not to sound like a dummy but which file do I open to run this. Usually is it not a autorun.exe file or am I wrong. I already have it extracted to my desk top just can't find which one runs it.

Thanks.

5. Robert McClelland

You need www.7zip.org then extract it then go to Audio folder then setup then setup.exe.

6. Beans&Franks

Beans&Franks New Member

Thank you and man do they make my Fatailty sound so much better. Still using the original one from years back and it never sounded so good. So again thank you for this driver and for the assistance with getting it installed.

One question I have about the front panel for line in 2. Was there always a issue with that thing and was it driver related. I ask because I've always had issues when connecting my head set to use the mic. I would get very bad crackling sounds when I would transmit. And what is nice about using the thing is that I would not have to reach around and unplug speakers just to use my head set. But ever since I purchased this X-fi back in 06 I had issues. And this one is an RMA and still did it. I'm hoping to use it and guess I'll I know if it works when I hook it up. But just wondering if it's been a known issues for others while using VT, Teamspeak and headset with mic.

Thanks again.

7. Robert McClelland

I have XFI Champ I/O drive bay no issue :). You have Drive Bay mate or no? Ya Thats why I love the suite you get fully working updating drivers :). No one else does that but me :).

8. Beans&Franks

Beans&Franks New Member

Yep I have the I/O drive bay. And today sometime I'm going to put it back in and hook it up and see if it works better then before. Had issues with the static and crackling and I sounded terrible on Ventrilo. Again thanks and the driver is sweet and does make thing sound crisper and louder. Everything sounds different.

Take care and have a good weekend.

9. kelston

kelston Active Member

This set is having an issue where every time I shut down or restart, it forgets the setting for my microphone volume so every time I start up, I have to go back in and set my microphone volume and select the +20dB boost. It's really annoying.

10. Beans&Franks

Beans&Franks New Member

Did not encounter that but we shall see. One thing I have noticed and not sure what to think but PC has slowed down. Not sure what is going on but prior to this install last night my PC was blazing fast. Now I noticed this last night but it was 3am and thought nothing of it. Today I can see that just loading any web site is slow. Shutting down takes forever and was not like this before. My drive was defragged the other day and their is no need to do it again.

Now I'm not saying for sure installing this driver is what did it but how can it be slow now when it was not before.

SPECS:
    i7 940 @ 3.6
    Gigabyte X58 UD4P
    6GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1600
    Vista 64 Home Premium SP1

Rest does not matter. Any ideas on why my PC would be so slow now. Ran everything I could just in case something might have been in the file. Things sound so much better but my PC is slow and don't like that trade off. I'll take the speed over better sound any day.

Thanks for any help and the sound is truly amazing. And since I have had my X-fi Fatality since the day it was released one would know when things sound better. So again thanks but need some ideas on what is causing this.

11. gusdim

gusdim New Member

hi, i have a problem here. After the installation everything installs ok, but when i restart the card is not recognised. In device manager everything is ok. Tried to uninstall, driver cleaner and these stuff, installed again, nothing. still the same. any help? Its very weird. The card is XFI Xtreme Gamer. Also Windows XP Pro Sp3 x86.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  12. Robert McClelland

gusdim you got your Device ID? I'd might be missing yours. Your worst case is try the normal driver and don't installed the drivers.

13. Robert McClelland

Hi Kelston you try Reg Cleaner before installing set? I don't like when people installed drivers on top of older drivers your asking for trouble.

14. Robert McClelland

15. gusdim

gusdim New Member

Device ID is this:
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00291102&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00291102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401

on PAX PCI XFI OS V6.60 it worked ok. i dont know why this isn't working.

16. Robert McClelland

17. gusdim

gusdim New Member

i will install in a few minutes and i'll come post again.

also what is the difference between PAX PCI XFI All-OS-Driver V1.25 (Launcher Set Full) and Pax X-Fi All OS Software Suite Fall 2009?

Ι watched a difference when the popup window shows up where it says to continue or stop the drivers installation for signed drivers and these, in the one it says XFI Processor something like this (on PAX PCI XFI All-OS-Driver V1.25 (Launcher Set Full) ) where it sounds logical, and on the Fall Suite it says on the popup that it installs "Pax X-Fi All OS Software Suite Fall 2009". Is there any possibility this will affect the rest?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  18. gusdim

gusdim New Member

Sorry for double posting. Installation went ok, perfectly with PAX PCI XFI All-OS-Driver V1.25 (Launcher Set Full) So there may be a problem on the new release on drivers?On the new release before setup starts, because i go on custom installation (i dont want every programm to be installed) it says in a popup window something about APOIM that should be installed. Which one is this and where do i check it if i have it unchecked?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  19. kelston

kelston Active Member

yes I run IoBit's cleaner and driver cleaner (paid version on both) before installing new drivers. That is not what is causing it. It is something you did with this set.

20. Robert McClelland

ah I take look at it later :). Kelston is same thing as v1.25 too? just want double check maybe I have move tweaks some where else then?