PAX X-Fi Drivers cause severe lag in Recording devices crashes programs

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by jonaswashe, Sep 4, 2013.

1. jonaswashe

jonaswashe New Member

PAX X-Fi Drivers cause severe lag, crash programs

The PAX Drivers have been causing severe lag on my machine for quite some time; at least a year. I was hoping this would have been found and fixed by now but I see the issue is still present with the latest drivers. I decided it would be a good idea to open a thread since other users may encounter this problem and not know how to fix it and it could be related to a specific hardware configuration or Robert McClelland may not even know the issue exists.

In short, the High Definition Audio Device entries in long hangs if they are not disabled. Any program which polls the audio devices is also effected by the hang. This causes crashes of many programs and very long hangs in others. Disabling the entries for High Definition Audio Device instantly stops the hanging.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You have disable your HD audio onboard only way to solve it. After you do that power down and pop sound card back out then back in then turn back on but make sure computer psu is off while doing this.

3. jonaswashe

jonaswashe New Member

Disabling the onboard HD audio from the BIOS was the first thing I tried. This didn't resolve the problem. However, I did not pull the card out, will try that now.

4. jonaswashe

jonaswashe New Member

Reseating the card had no effect, I am still getting lockups and lag when programs are polling my audio device.

I have an NVIDIA grapics card with integrated HD Audio in addition to my on-board HD audio, however I use this for Media on my Television every few days so completely removing this is not much of an option.

The suggested solution of disabling onboard audio and reseating the card only prevented the recording device from hanging but did not solve the bigger issue.

Restarting the computer fixes the issue for only a few minutes, disabling the X-Fi devices from the Audio Control Panel completely stops the hang but logically also stops sound from working.

Edited the OP to clarify results from further testing.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  5. jonaswashe

jonaswashe New Member

Update:

Even if I uninstall my NVIDIA HD Audio drivers from device manager, the lockups continue.

Over a year ago, I encountered this issue and finally gave up and uninstalled PAX and installed the latest Creative Drivers instead. It looks like this is still the only solution if I want more than one sound card. Once this is done, the lockups stop happening.

Still, I'm hoping you can isolate the issue and get this fixed as I am really interested in using all the features of your drivers. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  6. jonaswashe

jonaswashe New Member

I've had the Creative drivers installed for a week now and have not experienced the lock-ups.

However, I would much rather use the PAX drivers suite. Any progress on this issue? Thanks.

7. Robert McClelland

I will rework on suite later this coming week :) I'll try get other suites updated also :)

8. SPEC1AL1ST

SPEC1AL1ST New Member

Îòâåò: PAX X-Fi Drivers cause severe lag in Recording devices, crashes programs

October now, where fix? I have some problem.

9. Cosmichaos

Cosmichaos Grandmaster of Disaster

AW: PAX X-Fi Drivers cause severe lag in Recording devices, crashes programs

No such issue, no lock-ups with PAX titanium HD here. But audiodg started consuming CPU-usage again, despite no mic is plugged in the Titanium... :( god, this win7-audio is so Q%&§$!... for what do i have a hardware-audio-processor, when it's not doing anything and all Q!"%§$ is delegated to the CPU... i dont get it.

10. Robert McClelland

Re: Îòâåò: PAX X-Fi Drivers cause severe lag in Recording devices, crashes programs

Sorry man only way fix maybe wait for new creative driver? You may have go back officail driver. You can try adjusting tweaks your self but there no way for me fix your issue. I only tweak them. I will try get software main suites updated just being lazy because of nhl 14 ;)