Pax X-Fi Software Suite OS Spring 2009

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Mar 31, 2009.

1. wushudrew

wushudrew New Member

Thanks very much for these drivers, Robert! They work great, and I have the volpanel back.

I'm encountering one issue though: when I'm listening to music with Winamp and I change the audio mode (Entertainment to Game, for ex.), Winamp playback stops. If I try to resume it, I get an 'error creating directsound buffer' and Winamp crashes. I would assume that this occurs with any other program using audio playback.

Do you think this can be fixed? I'm using Vista, and never encountered this problem when I was using XP. I haven't changed sound cards or anything.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hi you might need reinstalled winamp I have no issue on my set :) you have 5.55 version? Plus updated the volume panel and creative audio launcher too.

3. wushudrew

wushudrew New Member

Hi Robert,

I just tried reinstalling winamp 5.55, but the same error still occurs. If I try to do the same thing with Windows Media Player, it also gives a similar error when I change the mode:

"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the item again."

I've also installed the driver package in this thread, so I'm not sure what's wrong..

4. Robert McClelland

Hmm try the official Pax PCI XFI 6.60 Set reinstalled all software and volume nob let me know if that fixes it?

5. wushudrew

wushudrew New Member

Hi Robert,

I tried installing the XFI 6.60 as you recommended, but the problem still occurs. I think I'm running out of options..

EDIT: I am considering using DriverSweeper to remove all Creative stuff and then install once more, but the last time I used DriverSweeper, my bootmgr got corrupted and I had to repair Vista via the windows CD. Is there any other way to do this?

6. Robert McClelland

Hmm vierd wierd Well tell you truth I never own vista never been on it. You might have let creative know about your issue you can put down that there issue with your winamp at creative forum. Or let winamp forum personal people over there too. You try upgrade to Win 7 yet?

7. mystifier

mystifier New Member

Hi, first time here. I found you looking for some issue with my X-Fi Elite Pro....pls..let me say..i love you ^^ Hope this drivers works very fine and leave a crash like an old ugly dream!

8. seaholland

seaholland New Member

I am sorry . I wonder does it work with Sound card of Asus Rampage Extreme ?

9. Robert McClelland

Nope you need Creative XFI Cards to make work sorry.

10. Psit

Psit New Member

hello guys, any1 found a way to fix the audiodg.exe memory leak? its really annoying.

right now audiodg.exe eats up 900mb of my memory.

11. Robert McClelland

Hmm how long ago you formated last? of have good driver cleaner done?

12. Psit

Psit New Member

yeah i did a driver clean with driver cleaner pro... i have a lot of vista users who have the same problem noone has found a fix . Its only fixed if you disable the EFFECTS for the card, but i want to use those...

13. propersavage

propersavage New Member

Hi Robert,
    Sorry I've been amiss in relyimg the solution that was afforded to me. I requested a RMA from the supplier I purchased the X-Fi from and without hesitation they shipped another card to me , needless tosay, that card works perfect with your Pax X-Fi Software Suite OS Spring 2009. Thank you a thousand times over for all the help and time you have spent writing these mods!!!

All the time away from this thread I spent listening to the superb sound this card can produce. SORRY for NOT reporting back sooner!!!

14. Robert McClelland

Np Well new XFI set is out ;)

15. Starlight

Starlight New Member

Hi Robert,

I've got troubled using this. please help me.
    I've installed PAX PCI XFI OS V6.60 as driver and this Pax X-Fi Software Suite OS Spring 2009 for software.
    but everytime installed it always gave me an error like the device wont start.
    I've tried uninstall the driver so many times and used driver cleaner too even in safe mode or not, but still I had the same problem.
    I've also install like you told, by choosed setup.exe at audio/setup folder at
    Pax X-Fi Software Suite OS Spring 2009.
    Even if I've formated my computer, still the same. so far its useless. and now Im using the original driver creative.
    My sound card is X-Fi Extreme Music (SB0460).
    Is it I've done something wrong at the process ?
    please help me .....

16. Robert McClelland

Did you try the newer pax suite? I fix the driver installer for it :)

17. Starlight

Starlight New Member

sorry, which one the newer pax suite ? PAX X-FI OS Driver V6.65 is this okay ?
    which one that suite and compatible to my SC ?

18. Robert McClelland

One that sticky now :) is new one :). it has updated drivers and UAA music card support :) I be releasing new set soon right now going created Inno setup.

19. Starlight

Starlight New Member

I've already tried the one in sticky Pax PCI X-Fi All OS Software Suite Summer 2009 +Updated Drivers.
    but it didnt work either using the 7zip file. still the device cannot start (code10) error. sometimes the case is cant detect either my SC. and now I've also troubled using the original driver from creative. it gaves me the same error too.
    can you give me the solution to this ? what files I should try ? Im using windows XP SP2. please help me, i cant listening music...

20. Robert McClelland

Did you go to Audio folder and Setup and then click Setup.exe? Don't click main setup it won't work. New XFI Driver out now V1.10 :) it had creative launcher and volume and audio con if you don't want used the suite.

http://www.driverheaven.net/youp-pax-drivers/187433-pax-pci-xfi-all-os-driver-v1-10-a.html Please used this set if you can't get suite to work it allready has Audio con and Launcher and Volume nob it's all you really need. You need download www.7zip.org then you extract the new software suite.