PC gaming still the best?

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, May 24, 2009.

?

PC gaming, still the best?

1. Hell yes, nothing to touch it

62 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. Yes, but I do like my console

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. I split gaming time between PC and consoles

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. Console more

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. Never game on my PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I love my Xbox 360 and its games, also having a lot of fun with the DS Lite. I also own a PSP and a Wii, rarely touch them even when I am near them.
    Even so, 90% of my gaming is done on a PC. I just enjoy them more on it (even the multiplatform ones) and the games are cheaper.

3. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Just cannot imagine FPS or RTS with joystick , may be console is better on football games , racing , rpg but stills a joke to aim and shoot with joysticks.Also the Odd "light" games like Plants vs zombies will fit perfectly on PC more than anything even wii :p.

4. Al_Vampyre

Al_Vampyre Well-Known Member

My XBox 360 and Wii hardly ever get used...PC all the way

5. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

We're into the part of the console cycle where PC is now by far the superior brother, and will continue to be until Xbox 3/PS4 are revealed.

Aside from the fact that you can now build a PC that can game at 720p+ resolutions at better frame rates than the current consoles for a few hundred quid and of course you can use the excellent 360 pad on PC, there are less and less reasons to play games on consoles if a PC version exists.

Of course if you want to play games at mega resolutions with decent frame rates, free online and awesome customisation/modding communities, you can only look at PC as the platform of choice. Hell, my GTX275 alone probably has more computation power than the PS3 and 360 combined.

6. vicsrealms

vicsrealms New Member

Only way to play FPS games as far as I'm concerned. Consoles are great for RPG's and some action games (except for enhanced modding and graphics that are just stunning like in the GTA series). Shoot, I have both a PS3 and a 360 elite because I was expecting all these nice RPG's from Sony and the only console RPG I currently own is on my 360 Elite. Hopefully that will change with FF13, but I am going to rent that one first as FF12 kind of turned me away from the FF series.

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I voted for the second option we have a PS2,PS3 and Wii here but for certain games like FPS I need to use a keyboard and mouse. The 10 zillion buttons on some of the console controller confuse the hell out of me :D

8. |2A|N

|2A|N SE7EN57

PC gaming has evolved so much over the years. Back in the 80's Atari and Nintendo were innovative and our only choices for gaming and here we are many years later in to the new millennium and now we have mind blowing games and graphics on the PC.

PC will always dominate the consoles market in every aspect IMHO simply because everyone has a PC now days.

9. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

PC gaming FTW

until crysis is playable at max settings on console.... thats gonna be a while

charm_quark likes this.
  10. charm_quark

charm_quark incognito

PC GAMIN just has to be it, not a console fan.. just couldn't get the hang of it

11. MGaz

MGaz All wheel driver!

depends on the type of game really.

Racing, has to be a console.

FPS either, but PC better for multi player.

Stratagy is better on the PC.

Even so, theres nothing like the hassle free switch on, sit down in front of your TV type of gaming that a console brings. Consoles are more sociable too! like getting back from the pub. :)

PC's are very expensive to keep on the go all the time.! :(

12. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Depends, if you buy a game a year, sure, stick with a console to save money, if you buy many games, you are better off with a PC.

13. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

PC Gaming has and always will be the dominant format but i still jump on my PS2 a lot to have a go on GTA or some other good games i've got

14. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

due to the affordability, for me it's console > PC. there are a few games i play here and there on PC, but most of my gaming is done from my 360.

it's just too expensive for me to build a new machine (a decent one for gaming) for appx. $1,200 + 1 or 2 games at $50 in order to just keep up with games. on a console, i just buy the console for $300 + 1 or 2 games at $50 each. So, $400 (console) > $1,300 (PC)

15. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

never owned a console, probably never will

as for affordability, depending on how many games you purchase a year, you'll probably end up paying more overall with the price difference between platforms getting a console than a mid-range PC

16. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

maybe out over there in in AU. Here in the states, my area at least, the price of PC games are the same as to console games, $50 to $60 depending on the title and how new/old it is.

17. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

Really? In the UK the situation is similar to Australia it seems, PC games generally retail at £30 to start off with while console games start off at £40.

Also, with stuff like Steam, GoG with their weekly offers and many websites put games on stupid special offers on PC much more often, overall TCO does fall, especially if, like me, you buy quite a few games.

18. Tristanian

Tristanian New Member

PC gaming is the best. At least as far as quality of graphics is concerned. No console can ever keep up with PC graphics. Nowadays however, developers seem to give priority to consoles.
    Look at Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Arma II, Empire Total War ... These games are the proof that PC is the best. No console can handle any of these games.

19. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

PC gaming will always be the best, no further discussion needed on that.

I still like consoles, but only the older ones. Dreamcast is about the most recent that I'll accept, and anything after that is just bleh to me. Seems a lot of people are growing up with the current-gen games which offer nothing really spectacular (great example of this is Halo), and California's youth culture seems to be based off those stupid games. Yes, I know there are good current games out there, but they don't get as much attention.

EDIT: I think I already posted in this thread before, but oh well!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  20. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

PC gaming is SO Good. Nothing else sums it up. I do love it when you're on your lounge and you get in a few nice even headshots using a 360 in FEAR2, but nothing even comes close to Left 4 Dead whitenuckle multiplayer all day long.