Phenom II x4 965BE Temps

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by skylineaddict, Feb 21, 2011.

1. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

So, I just read about IntelBurnTest and decided to give it a go. 5 runs at maximum stress and SpeedFan shows what the temperatures are like. My question is, are the temperatures high enough to cause concern about longevity? I need the processor to last about a year, maybe a year and a half at most. Also another thing, is there a reason CPU-Z is showing such a high voltage compared to Core Temp and what's in the BIOS (Core Temp is showing what I set it to in the BIOS)?

[​IMG]

2. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

55 degrees max during stress testing is pretty damn cold in my books - remember it'll never get that hot in regular use.

I've no experience with modern AMD processors, and notice that you have a curiously low TJ max in coretemp, but I would be amazed if that's anything to be concerned about.

Don't worry about CPU-Z voltage readings too much, I'm not sure whether CPU-Z or the bios give a more accurate reading, but either way you've not gone high enough to cause damage.

3. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

55C is icy cold and very, very safe. My 980X loads at 60C usually unless in high stress situations (max burntest/max FFT p95), where it gets to about 70C. Both are safe, at least for i7 (i7's maximum before throttling/damage is 101C. I think AMD is slightly lower, but 55C is still basically icy).

4. Bolletje

Bolletje New Member

Temp is fine, on par with other PH II's.