Photo Shoot for Senior Prom locally...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

One of the managers where I eat a lot has seen some of my photos. So, she asked me awhile back if I'd be interested in doing a photo shoot for 3 couples going to their senior high school prom. AND, she offered to PAY me for my time!

So, a week ago on Saturday afternoon, we met in downtown at the City Park. I only had an hour and a half to do the shoot as my own mother's birthday dinner was the same evening! (Her 90th Birthday was actually on the 15th.)

Anyway, I've been quite intensely working on the photo shoot and videos. I made use of both of my cameras with one doing videos in the background while I used my new camera for the still shots.

So far, things are looking really good with the still shots. But, if I'm going to use any of the videos I'm going to have to greatly reduce the quality...or trim out a LOT... since the overall combination of stills and videos is exceeding 6 GB! I'm wanting to get as much on a regular DVD as possible. So, I've still got some work to do.

I also learned something doing this: Make sure to glance over at the video camera once in a while. I was totally miffed that some of the mothers got right smack in FRONT of that camera while it was on! I've already removed a lot of long hair shots due to this.

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

I do believe I'm at the end of this project. It's been both rewarding AND a good learning experience when it comes to doing photo shoots for someone who is willing to actually PAY for it. :) Fortunately, the lady who ordered the shoot is a very nice...and generous...person.

At this point I have 2 each DVDs for the 3 couples. These have their choices of music included on the disc. I asked for a 1st and 2nd choice from each of the six teens to be included on their personal copy. So, each disc has their 4 song choices being used in the background. I also did a LOT of video editing to be able to get all of the still shots and a decent selection of the "making of...." videos on one disc.

There are 3 discs for the parents. These simply have the photo directories and the same edited videos on them so that, should they wish, they can go to the local photo printer to print their own selections. They do, also, have the option of ordering any still shots from me. But, that's probably not going to be their first option. But, I DO have the equipment to do a professional-quality printing of the photos here.

I also have permission to post selected shots online, e.g., on FB and YouTube in case anyone else in the vicinity likes what I've done and wants to use my services for future shoots.

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  3. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Sounds like you did a great job, who knows this could be your calling once you "really" retire. :)

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I read the title wrong.
    Anyway, congratulations. Sounds like a very good job, learned a lot too.