picked up RE5 this evening...

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dark Lord, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

my god, i cant even remember the last time i hated a game this much. theres just so much inane bullshit about the game.

apart from the graphics and audio, i cant seem to find a single redeeming quality about it. the combat and boss fights arent even enjoyable.... not to mention i want to kill sheva in the worst of ways.

by comparison, RE0 and RE Outbreak were complete masterpieces.

im glad i only rented it, but damn do you get ripped off on rentals now. 8.99 for a fucking rental.... i thought it was bad the last time i picked up a rental at 6 bucks.

2. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

It turned into more of an action game at RE4. I loved RE4 but it wasn't scary after the first hour. Hopefully their next rendition will use similar gameplay mechanics just more horror than action.

3. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

wait for Saw :the game :p

4. lepel

lepel New Member

I watched the gametrailers review the other day (which I take with a huge mountain of salt), and after all the bad points thay brought up about the game, I never understood how they could have given it a 9.0! You can't even move when you shoot?!! How silly is that.

5. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I'm considering picking it up but the demo didn't blow me away...too many enemies at once I like the slow brooding type of zombie.

I freaking loved RE4 on the Gamecube so if this one contains even a glimmer of the excitement RE4 had I will likely get it.

6. Dark Lord

it doesnt... not by a long shot. RE4 was an amazing game, but this.... this is just terrible.

sheva didnt really show her true self in the demo either. she blows through ammo and health faster then you can imagine, shes absolutely worthless at killing anything, and even worse at helping you. not to mention the dying section is just horrible. if done right, its almost like god mode. of course, with having to rely on sheva, shes fucking useless and lets you die 9/10 times an enemy is on you.

7. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

The fact it is more action oriented is a huge bonus for me, but the obsolete controls are not. Not going to buy it.

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Not good :(

9. Dark Lord

i finished the game a few days ago, and ive gotta say, it really did suck. the story was incredibly weak to say the least. and the game play.... as soon as it seemed almost acceptable, the game went out of its way to completely fuck something up. the end game sections.... just, wtf? who the hell thought it was a good idea to suddenly give regular zombies fully automatic weapons and flash bangs, and give us a piss poor cover system? not to mention the inventory system that didnt work for shit during mid combat, or shevas piss poor health/ammo management

10. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

hahahaa you made me laugh , anyway play l4d online ;)

11. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Damn, unanimously panning RE5...who'd have thunk? I'll be saving my $70 and renting this one :D