Post Your ATi Tool Tray Benchmark

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Dyre Straits, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Cube623

Cube623 New Member

thant's a HUGE score! beats my 6,000 odd score:wtf: be interesting to see other people benching their 1k series cards

2. Guyver2K5

Guyver2K5 Don't make me hungry.

hahahahah..BEHOLD!...yikes....
    [​IMG]

3. Cube623

Cube623 New Member

man thats low:D what cards that with?

4. Guyver2K5

Guyver2K5 Don't make me hungry.

5. AcE FaLco

AcE FaLco New Member

stock 3796

OCd 4797

6. OldMX

OldMX New Member

[​IMG]

I dont get it, score seems a bit low, running [email protected] / 2GB / X800XT AIW with Cats 6.7, will my score improve with Omega's?

oldmx

7. vertigo_2_20

vertigo_2_20 New Member

Seems a bit low

Software: XP SP2, Omega 3.8.273, ATT 1.2.6.930
    Hardware: AMD 3800+ X2 @2.5, MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, 2GB G.Skill @227,2.5,3.3.6,1T, ATI X800 Pro w/ Arctic Cooling

Stock (500/500)
    --------------------
    Single monitor (1280x1024) - ~3870
    Dual monitor (1280x1024 & 1360x768) - ~3790

OC (600/600)
    ----------------
    Single monitor - ~4650
    Dual monitor - ~4560

First of all, for the dual monitor setup, there's a slight decrease in the score, though not enough to worry about, especially considering that it's a small price to pay for the ability to play a game on my TV and still have full access to my monitor. Something to take note of, however, is that when benching with dual monitors, if the ATT overclocking dialog box is not on the primary monitor when the test is run, it will run on half of the secondary monitor, sometimes remaining there for the second part of the test as well, and sometimes shifting over to the primary monitor for the second part. This will cause a drastically lower score, something that had me concerned until I tried running it from the primary monitor (TV).

My question is, why is my score so low? Even overclocked with a single monitor I'm still running slower than a single core processor running slightly slower than mine with an X800XT PE running slower (520/560) than mine. I'm aware that the X800XT PE has 4 more pipelines than mine, but should this really be enough extra power to overcome my better processor and faster graphics card clock speeds? Not to mention that my system memory is slightly overclocked. This alone wouldn't have me too concerned, since I'm more or less where I should be in the comparison chart, but looking at others' scores on here, it seems I should be doing a lot better. Did the scoring system get changed in one of the recent versions? I tried looking for a changelog for it to check but couldn't find one.

8. Izento

Izento New Member

asd

as

9. Izento

Izento New Member

10. josh2thad

josh2thad New Member

can somone help me by showing a pic, of where the bench part is? thanks

11. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

From the taskbar open the ATT context menu and then highlight hardware and then highlight and click overclocking settings. Click bench from there.

EDIT: Could you post your score? Our systems are similer. Even though your hardware is newer I would like to compare. THX

MY score is 5189.8

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  12. josh2thad

josh2thad New Member

Tool 56k warning

This is all i see ...?[​IMG]

13. OldMX

OldMX New Member

Thats atitool, you need ATI Tray Tools

oldmx

14. josh2thad

josh2thad New Member

Sorry guys, im a little slow.... haha turned 20 today, maybe thats why.. anyways here's my results... a little off if you ask me

[​IMG]

15. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

That is about right. If you want over 5000 then you are going to have to overclock a little. You should be able to stomp my 5189 with your more current hardware. If you don't want to OC then do not worry about it, thats a decent score for a stock xtpe.

16. josh2thad

josh2thad New Member

i will once i get a zalman, the ONLY thing i dont like about this card is the heat issues, it runs toasty, so im not gonna OC yet.

17. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

How hot are you running during a game or bench?
    What Zalman are you getting? I have had both the vf700 and vf900 and the 900 out performs the 700 in my system by a five or so degrees for both high and low temps. My card has never overheated so the change in temps didn't really change my OC much but it has increased its life expectancy and its allot quieter. You can also find the fatality versions for pretty cheap now and they have a more powerful fan and a coating on the fins that is supposed to dissipate heat faster and better. There are mixed reviews for the fatality versions but that could be in spite of the extra cost or in spite of fatality himself.
    My card ran mid 50s to low 60s Celsius at full load with the stock cooler at room temps of 65 to 75 Fahrenheit and with the Zalman it runs per my sig at the clocks posted. Make sure you use as5 grease when you change coolers, it really helps. Don't use the method as for applying it to a CPU, instead apply a very thin layer spread evenly across the whole GPU. You can use a piece of cellophane or sandwich bag and stretch it tight over your finger. It does not take much. Make sure to clean the cooler and the GPU with rubbing alcohol before the installation.

18. josh2thad

josh2thad New Member

19. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

After I had posted yesturday I remembered that my card came with the Arctic Cooler when I got it from Drakon here at DH. So the temps I am talking about with a stock cooler are with that installed. I have seen better temp results from other people with the Arctic Cooler but in my system both Zalmans out perform it by quite a bit.

20. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

With just the default cooler and no overclocking, this is the best score so far on this X1950 Pro from PowerColor: (Ignore the specs in the profile for now. I'm using a borrowed nForce4-A754 with 1.5 GB of PC3200 and a AMD 3100+)

[​IMG]

I'm sure it's the AMD 3100+ that's really holding things back for now. Also, the PC3200 is set to default so there's no real stress on anything.