Post Your ATi Tool Tray Benchmark

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Dyre Straits, Jan 2, 2006.

1. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

Thats really all you got with a 1950pro. There is some serious bottlenecking going on somewhere. I'm wondering now if my system will be able to keep up with the AGP version of the card. I'm probably going to get it anyhow and hope for the best because atleast I will be able to take atvantage of the newer capabilities.

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

That's not only all I got. If I repeat the bench it's a lot worse unless I reboot the system.

I'm sure some overclocking can make a huge difference on this system. BUT, I was quite disappointed with this 'highest' score so far, yes!

3. Dyre Straits

UPDATED: After installing the latest Beta version of ATT -- AND doing some CPU and GPU overclocking, this is the result:

[​IMG]

Again, though, this system is greatly CPU limited. It's a AMD Sempron 3100+ and I'm pushing it to 215 FSB. You'll see the GPU Core and Memory are also OC'd.

4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

That's with the new X1950 Pro, right? Lemme guess: a GPU clock rate of between 600mhz and 620mhz? With the HIS card clocked at the "real" default of 635mhz I get around 6300 or so (and at the clock rate that HIS says it's supposed to be of 620mhz I get around 6150-6200).

Of note, those scores I just mentioned, I got the exact same scores on both an Asus P5W DH motherboard, and the current Intel D975XBX board. 2 different boards, 2 different installs, same scores. Also, if anyone can figure out how to get the benchmark working in Crossfire I'll be happy to post those scores.

BTW, for anyone posting benchmark scores be sure to use the latest version of ATI Tray Tools, and not one that might have come packed in with a driver set you are using, or an older one. Otherwise the score comparison will be all screwed up. For instance: compare the scores the X800XTPE got of 7194 points off of the first post, and compare that score to the updated one of 4759 from the lastest version of ATT which Dyre just posted about. As you can see the scores are totally different now.

5. Dyre Straits

Yes, GPU clocks are 614:720. CPU is at 215 FSB.

One thing about this mobo (ECS nForce4-A754) is that there's no setting to lock the PCI bus at 33. Since there's no AGP to deal with, I don't have to worry about locking AGP to 66. However, there's so very little room to install any PCI card that locking the PCI bus is also just about a non-issue, too.

6. Dyre Straits

Updated Score after recent PC Upgrades:

[​IMG]

7. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

Updated with my winter overclock score.
    X850XTPE AGP 579/614
    [​IMG]

8. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

HIS X1950PRO 256 AGP Stock speeds 620/1480

[​IMG]

9. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

[​IMG]

10. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

What version of ATT?
    What version of drivers?
    What are your basic graphics settings at?
    Do you have access to geometry instancing or is it greyed out? Mine is greyed out for some reason.

11. cozumel

Latest Omega drivers.
    At the factory overclock 621/742.
    As for geometry instancing and I've only started using Omega/ATT last week and can't find the option. But I'm gonna try look for it now. Where is it pls?
    BTW, Im buggered if I can get the memory to overclock. I can get it down a bit but if i try and reduce to stock (700) speeds it crashes!!!! What gives....:duh:

Edit: I could overclock memory with ATT .977 but 978 wouldn't work and I haven't tried anything else yet.

12. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

Because the HIS versions have a temp sensor and fan control we can turn off low level driver overclocking and use driver level. The card will overclock like normal that way. We can also disable the hotkey poller service manually, like I like to do, instead of having ATT do it at boot. I am falling in love with this card.

The reason I asked about what version ATT you are using is because sometimes depending on the version the bench score can differ allot.
    The latest beta version can be found on guru3d in case you didn't know.

Geometry instancing is under direct 3d/ additional, at the top of the menu.

13. cozumel

Nope, that option does't exist in under that tab. I'd already looked. Only option are for alternate pixels, DXT and bump mapping. That option is not available under the Direct3D tab of ATI control panel either.

As far as the bench score go - I don't really know how realiable they all are. My 3DMark 06 is about the same as you, 3Dmk05 is down and ATT is up. Whats it all mean eh? As long as the gaming is good what's it matter.

Good to see your rep is back in the green again! :)

14. >GSXR<mrbusa

>GSXR<mrbusa MY BIKE vvv

I will have to see what I can do about that.:evil::evil:

The reason I was curious about your scores is I wanted to know about how much faster the 512mb card is compared to the 256mb card. The only real way is to run the same recorded time demo on the same exact system, drivers, and with the same IQ.

Congrats on the card and good luck with the OC. When you run some OCed benches post some scores back up.
    Did you get your vram overclocking correctly with how I told you?

15. cozumel

I'll do try to see whether I can adjust ram speed on reboot with those settings. FYI, I've got my fan at 41% till she gets to 40c and then 77% at 50c. Soon as she hits 50c she drops back down to 46,47,48 etc. Thats when she on load test, benching or gamin'.

16. Arghuleh

Arghuleh New Member

I got 4316.1 points in benchmark with ATT.

Graphics: Powercolor X800XL 256MB PCIe overclocked from 400/490 to 421.20/531.90.
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester
    Board: Asus A8R-MVP
    Memory: Kingmax Superram 4x512 MB

I don't know if is good or not...

Played Armed Assault for 5 minutes with no problems. Though this is my first time overclocking.

17. LeighPing

LeighPing New Member

Can anybody tell me why or how I score so high? I tested & tested & it still come up high.
    P4 3.2 @ 3.6Ghz, X1950 Pro agp with Zalman air cooler attached. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

[​IMG]

18. kill7ech

kill7ech New Member

this could be because your mobo or processor is getting hot after use and causing it to overheat but other then that you should be satisfied :p i get around 880 max with my radeon 9600 SE with clocks @ 360/216 :( but also my specs are just bad period so meh

19. kill7ech

kill7ech New Member

[​IMG]

with 8.3

20. Count Spankula

Count Spankula New Member

I have also a 25,000+ score! WTH? How come theres so many low scores?
    Check out My score.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009