Post Your Christmas Wish List

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Ok, so what do you all want this Xmas? Put the goodies you'd like to get in this thread and their pics, let it begin! (Also it would be fun to see how much of this stuff we actually were able to get after Christmas :) )

1. Asus VP28UQG 28" 4K/UHD 3840x2160 monitor:

[​IMG]

2. Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 2TB PC SSD (to add to the slot on my mobo):

[​IMG]

3. Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz 16GB Kit (8GBx2) - (just because lol):

[​IMG]

4. Microsoft XBOX One Wired Controller for PC/Mac/Linux (considering I don't currently have a controller for my PC):

[​IMG]

5. Dead or Alive 6 (Steam):

[​IMG]

6. Mortal Kombat 11 (Steam):

[​IMG]

7. Tekken 7 (Steam):

[​IMG]

8. Street Fighter V (Steam):

[​IMG]

9. Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Steam):

[​IMG]

10. Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4:

[​IMG]

11. GRID:

[​IMG]

12. SteelSeries QcK Gaming Surface - Large Stitched Edge Cloth:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Trusteft likes this.
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Concept2 Model E
    [​IMG]

Gorenje RK6192EO
    [​IMG]

Control Deluxe Edition PS4 physical
    [​IMG]

Remington FAST series medium folder R200
    [​IMG]

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order PS4 physical
    [​IMG]

NFS Heat PS4 physical
    [​IMG]

Red bowl for sugar free candy
    [​IMG]

Death Stranding Special Edition PS4 physical
    [​IMG]

Sony Playstation VR Mega Pack (v2?)
    [​IMG]

Mac Pro 2019 base model with at least 32GB ram and 2TB SSD
    [​IMG]

Random photo, top of the line PC with either RTX Super 2070 +, or 5700 XT + and at least 9900KS cpu and 32GB ram.
    [​IMG]

Last time I had a Christmas gift given to me was during the Cold War, so chances of getting any of them is slim to say the least lol.
    From all of them the more likely to buy it is either the remington or the bowl.
    I would be happy for either. I will probably get the blade.
    I will let you know after the 25th.

Calliers likes this.
  3. Calliers

I'm gonna switch my SSD to this one, the XPG S40G 2TB RGB 3D NAND, there's a good chance I'll get what is in my list this Christmas, but I'll have to buy them myself after Christmas:

[​IMG]

Trusteft likes this.
  4. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Im just after something that runs better than what I have ... redundancy came and went and this Christmas is proving tougher than i thought ... got my son what he wants though so thats the main thing ... next year new pc

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  5. Calliers

Yeah man, life can be tough at times. Sorry to hear that.

At least your kid is happy this Christmas season.

6. Calliers

I'm going to throw this in there, the GTRACING Gaming Chair GT099-RED:

[​IMG]

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Orange Combo.jpg

Already got mine...

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  8. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

Someone to change all of my physical films and series into digital copies (not ripped, ofc, the proper versions of all).

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  9. Mr Cairo

Nah its fine, just never been unemployed before, I had planned on spending some redundancy on a new rig but finding reasonably decent paying work in the UK at the moment is hard ... redundancy cash should last a few more months if im sensible so im not worried ..yet :)

CDsDontBurn and Calliers like this.
  10. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

The only one I have..

Is that my 2 month old Great Nephew manages to pull through.. he has been in hospital for the last 3 weeks and went into intensive care last night.. :(

CDsDontBurn, Tyrsonswood and Trusteft like this.
  11. Calliers

My thoughts and prayers are with you @MIG-31.

MIG-31 and Trusteft like this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Wishing the same...

MIG-31 and Calliers like this.
  13. Calliers

To @Judas, I am currently swapping out that monitor above to this one which is being sold for a decent price, I don't see why I need a refresh rate upwards of 60Hz as the 2080Ti itself struggles to do that for most AAA titles, so it should be fine. Plus I'm not planning to play in any tournaments anytime soon so this is good, the BenQ EL2870U 28 inch 4K HDR Gaming Monitor:

[​IMG]

14. Mr Cairo

Ahh mate hope everything goes ok seriosuly family is the important thing ...thoughts are with you matey.

Calliers and MIG-31 like this.
  15. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Thanks All, It sounds like he is going to go into Heart surgery today to correct the 5 holes in his heart and to narrow one of the valves that is supplying to much blood to his lungs..

So today is probably going to be a Very Nervous and a long day indeed.. :rolleyes:

16. Mr Cairo

Wow that sounds huge ... saying best wishes just does not sound like enough TBH

17. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I've had both the 28" and now currently using 32" model of these benq 4k 60hz freesync monitors and they are outstanding out of the box. Setting up custom resolutions on them for ultra wide display format is easy and effective (the EDID of the monitors already give a 3840x1600 resolution option out of the box, but adding 3840x1080 is still viable to get a 32:9 resolution for certain games that REALLY give an advantage to the wide field of view).

The thing that really shows off the capabilities of these displays is their blacks, it's outstanding how black they are, in a VERY dark room, having a sun showing in a game with say a letterbox aspect ratio applied, the edge between the ultra white variation of colours and that hard black edge where the rest of the pixels are black, there is ZERO clouding or "greying" of the pixels, they are decipherable from the black bezel, and will look like the actual edge of the display.

Brightness is also VERY good in many different lighting environments. Colours pop properly and even Rtings.com gives it a massive thumbs up.

It's HDR capabilities are basically non-existant even if it "supports it"... there are a few things, very very few things, where HDR does appear to have a mild benefit, but the nit ratting on the monitor just isn't enough to dor HDR justice, and frankly, if you want to do HDR, i've yet to see a monitor that can do it properly without getting into the several thousands of dollars, at which point you basically NEED to pay thousands of dollars for a quality lg/samsung tv to even get 800+ HDR rating that is actually worth while. Anything less is rather pointless and a waste of time entirely anyways.

I know the 28" model currently sells in canada for $330 bucks which is a damn steal. The 32" model is $500 which is still VERY damn good for a quality monitor. Both support VESA mounting and the stand itself can tilt only. Both of them have 2x HDMI in and 1x DP in. Both HDMI inputs support VRR/Freesync and of course the DP allows for freesync as well as g-sync. I believe the freesync range is 40-60 but i'm not entirely sure, however even though that seems pretty damn narrow, it's mostly plenty good enough for most 5700's and 2070s or better graphics cards pumping 4k resolution. The monitor is ALSO great for handling high frame rates and not showing any tearing or judder either, it's fluid throughout. And running strange resolutions or even lower say 1440p or 1080p resolutions, it still looks VERY good. Though personally on a AMD graphics card, enabling gpu scaling is more ideal in order to allow lower resolution without any attempted monitor self scaling.

It also accepts a 12 bit colour input, but 10bit is plenty, or 8 bit 4:4:4 chroma.

Really, it was either this or snagging samsung's at the time on sale 27 or 34 inch 21:9 144hz 1440p displays which were a more expensive than even the 32" benq... with lesser quality image.

Calliers likes this.
  18. Calliers

Oh my, I really pray all goes well @MIG-31.

Yes, the 32" one is currently in my sights, although I will still wait till after the 1st of January to see if any other monitors come out, and if subsequently prices drop further or there are better options at that time.

19. Calliers

I'm also going to get this memory instead, since my PC supports a total of 64GB I'll max it out at some point in the future with two more sticks, the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 CMW32GX4M2Z3200C16:

[​IMG]

20. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Personally i'd advise against the corsair modules... they are prone to being the least reliable on ryzen.

If there are brands to choose from which work often out of the box on ryzen, it's Crucial, G.Skill and Patriot.