Post your HDTach 3 Results!

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Judas, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Cool man nice results ;)

I noted that the transfer speeds tapered off on my drive and everyone elses seems to remain pretty much level. Any ideas or is that normal for a single drive not using RAID?

2. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

yes that is normal for a single drive and even in my case multiple drives in raid 0.

i am using the first 90GB (x3) of each drive to create the 1st volume(270GB), thus giving the fastest and consistent speeds, and the remainder forms a 640GB 2nd volume that tapers off much the same as yours. In my case if i had created one volume with the total of the 3 drives it would read pretty consistent across the 1st 1/3 of the volume with the 2/3 left tapering as we are seeing. this has to do with different read and write speeds on different parts of the platters (inside and outside areas, and even the amounts of platters) Creating a "fastslice" ensures all your installed programs and data are read and wrote to/from the fastest part of the array.

here are the results from my 2nd volume on the 3x 320GB 7200.9 array.

Attached Files:

3. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Ok cool thanks for the explanation man. I see most of the results as a fairly straight line so I guess more people are running RAID1 (and up) than I thought ;)

4. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

with the people who are running straight lines we either using SSDs or we are hitting the controllers limitations.

5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Good to know thanks Lowfat :)

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

ICH11R is "expected" to present a solution for the controller limitations when it comes to SSD's as well as Raiding them together. (PCI-ex 3?)