Premature advertising

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by Takaharu, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

These are definitely getting WAY too early now, even for retailers.

I received a back to school sale email today. July. Kids don't finish school until the end of the week! Start the sales when it gets closer to September and people are thinking about going back to school, as opposed to thinking about breaking up for summer holidays!

Christmas is, essentially, worse. Technically, you can shop for the following year from the stock clearance sales. Towards the "end" of the year retailers start putting their stock out before their Halloween stock. I'm content with them allowing people a head start but last year there were people complaining that Christmas stock started rearing its head in July. Half way through the year is not the time to start planning for how to decorate your tree - leave that for big events like a wedding.

If advertising was ejaculation you'd be coating your bed sheets in response to the wife that you haven't even met yet.

jandarsun8 likes this.
  2. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

"If advertising was ejaculation you'd be coating your bed sheets in response to the wife that you haven't even met yet."

That was priceless. :D

3. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I just don't notice this crap anymore. I barely ever shop on the high street. I don't watch commercial television and I AB the hell out of the internet (with a few exceptions ;) ). The only time I become aware of these things is when I shop at the supermarkets - they'll have their Christmas stuff out by November. The one thing that does irritate me is the stores playing Christmas songs from late October onwards.

Walkman FTW :cool:

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I got a little upset when I saw "Back to School" ads... I've got way too much work to do outside for it to be that close to the cold days to come...

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Sales/ads I get, even if they are very premature.
    Having Xmas decoration from the end of September is something I Can't support though.

6. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

I also hate when they play Christmas music in stores, but not for the same reasons as you guys. I used to work in a store in sales and all I heard was the same effin Christmas CD on repeat, man I felt like piercing my eardrums.