Preparing for the Total Solar Eclipse

Discussion in 'Heavenly Visions & Echoes' started by Dyre Straits, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

I am only two hours from the path of totality. I plan to drive to the area overnight Sunday night. In preparation for this event, I have the solar eclipse glasses and the eclipse film for the lens of my zoom camera. I actually have two zoom cameras. One of these is equipped now with the protective film. The other will be used ONLY for the approximately two minutes of totality.

I've taken a few shots this evening using the camera with the protective film. The first shot is with no zoom at all. The next two, look for the sunspots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Trusteft likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Nice one.

I've seen a total eclipse before but for some people this is their first time. We'll just be getting a partial eclipse over here in Saskatchewan.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Sunspots... I thought that was just crud on my screen.

Enjoy tomorrow.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Over 99% of the total mass in the solar system is the Sun. Everything else, planets, asteroids etc are much less than 1%
    We have millions of people dying here for few square miles of territory, when the trillions of planets out there are waiting to be taken.
    God we are stupid!

Dyre Straits likes this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Shhhhh, it's population control. Plus, the bankers finance both sides of wars and make money so who cares right?

Hate to say it but I totally missed the eclipse, didn't expect it to happen this morning-mid afternoon, thought it would be later in the day so yeah, I missed it. :(