PSP question...

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Markius, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Markius

Markius New Member

ive been looking to buy a friends PSP from him (the older model) but there is somthing im wondering....
    while playing GTA: liberty city storys and ridge racer i noticed shadowing in the games (blur during medium to fast movement) my question is: is this normal for the PSP, is it just thoes games or is the PSP in question rooted?

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Hmm, there is some in mine. Not very much, but it reminds me of older TFT monitors.

For me though the main problem is the controler for games requiring analog movement, like racing games. The analog controler sucks ass and the direction pad is too spread out (each button from the next).
    While it is still better than the DS for racing games (graphics matter as well), Iit is still bad IMO.

3. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

There has always been a little ghosting etc on the PSP...Nothing exceptional to me...

I willl agree with Bluemaks post.It's far better than the DS for racing games.

If i was to buy it second hand,I would deffinatly insist it came with the latest firmware update pre-installed.Which should be Version 3.93.

4. Markius

Markius New Member

well my friend has let me borrow it for a short time while i decide to buy it or not so i can go down and rent a new release game (to see if the shadowing problem is less apparent)