PSVR Hardware Update to Launch Alongside PS5 Claims Prominent VR Publisher

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

PlayStation VR is easily the most successful premium virtual reality headset on the market, having sold 5 million units at last count (top competitor Oculus Rift has sold around 1.5 million units), but Sony’s tech is getting a bit long in the tooth. Granted, PSVR never offered the most cutting-edge features – a reasonable MSRP and easy compatibility with the most popular console on the market was always the selling point – but Sony is going to have to upgrade their VR tech eventually if they want to stay competitive.

There’s been speculation for some time now that an upgrade PSVR model will launch alongside the PlayStation 5, and now we may have confirmation, courtesy of prominent VR publisher Immersive VR Education Ltd (best known for Apollo 11 VR and Titanic VR). The publisher recently released a fiscal update for the end of 2019, which included this mention of a new PSVR headset

2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

So long as my old one works at the outset, cannot afford to upgrade console and PSVR at launch

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Whenever they do this, I hope they make it possible to use a PC for it too.

4. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Apparently you can theres some software calle Trinius (SP) out there that kind of does that .

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

It's pretty damn buggy though..... Getting my PSVR to function on pc is akin to pulling teeth while standing in lava. They give you a trail period of time.. but it usually never works long enough to hit the time limit. If it's not tracking the head properly, it might be giving you display, and when it's not giving display, it appears to be tracking.... it's entirely not worth the money they want for that software.

It would be FAR better if sony would get off their asses and simply make the PSVR driver compatible, as is, the psvr's 120hz mode isn't even properly functional on the pc either.

After having experienced 120hz VR.... using a 90hz VR headset is grossly underwhelming.. I'd love to see 120hz and far greater resolution.