Question about the New Radeon 18.12.2 driver

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Mr Cairo, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

There was am ! on the notification setting I clicked it and there is a line that says

"Radeon settings advisor found a few recommendations to improve your experience"

Great I though anything to improve my card, thing is what has it found and where is it?

I have tried clicking the notification and nothing happens, had a search through the settings and nothing jumps out

Any one have any ideas ?

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

Only that I didn't get any kind of notice like that.

3. Mr Cairo

Its odd its there but you cant click it, follow it anywhere it offers no advice on what you can actually do just "Radeon settings advisor found a few recommendations to improve your experience"

So has it don't it on its own ... a brilliant but totally useless message

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

Well, I said I had no notifications....then, I came home to this:

AMD Notifications-12-18-18.jpg

And, no, I cannot click on the topic....but, I CAN click on the trash can.

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

don't know what to say other than there is a remote chance that another 3rd party piece of software is interfering with it. The compatibility checker far as i know, is a scanning service within the drivers that checks application launches and can make "recommendations" to improve it or make changes to it via the radeon settings application. As for wattman, that should only be showing up if you're attempting to modify fan curves or overclock or anything in wattman itself. IF you're not using wattman at all, again a 3rd party program i've heard tends to interfere with it which is kind of critical for the operation of the drivers to provide adequate boosting and such.

I however have many people on these drivers now and not a single issue to report.

The only thing i recommend UNCHECKING or removing asap is the problem support wizard reporting tool thingy that is an option during driver install. It has a tendency to do some weird shit imo.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  6. Mr Cairo

I do untick that in each install as well as the Relive thing that I never want.