R6 Vegas 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Markius, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Markius

Markius New Member

am i the only one playing this supurb game? :duh:

so far it is as a lot of ppl have described in that it is very similar to the first one but imo, that is very far from a bad thing as the original vegas is one of the best games in recent memory (again, imo).

ive decided to play it on hardest settings from the get go to make it last as long as possible :D

the new xp system is one of the best changes to the game i think, as you may or may not know you now get xp for doing stuff in the single player parts of the game (story mode, terrorist hunt etc)

...anyway im off to play some more...awesome game

discuss

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Waiting for the patched PC version that will be sold for half the price here.

3. Markius

Markius New Member

i like to play games when they are new.....that and im an impatient bastard ;)

4. Trusteft

They are not food. Whenever you play them first time, they are still new, to you. :p

5. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

efthimios is rite..!! i havent played HL2 yet *YET* and i dont know what happens in it!! It would be new for me.. i just bought it two days ago. will start playing soon..!

6. Markius

Markius New Member

my problem is i like just about every genre of game so i end up with tons of games i want to play.....

and what is this food you speak of? is it on 360? ;)

as for vegas 2, im up to near the end of mission 4 and the section im doing at the moment is intense.....so glad i decided to play it on realistic from the start because id have it finished by now if i didnt :p

7. Trusteft

Just don't give away any spoilers.

8. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I'm waiting for the PC version, hopefully it's as solid as the previous PC Vegas (which did have a few bugs in the beginning).

9. Markius

Markius New Member

i have noticed a couple of bugs in the game but nothing game breaking

10. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

Loved the first Vegas on PC, but it disappoints me such a good PC franchise get taken over to a console and it is ported from there to PC. I will be trying it out on my PS3 as I heard it feels far less depressing than its first adventure on the PS3.

11. Trusteft

Apart from some fps issues in select and non important parts (empty corridors with a single light etc), R6V was a great game on the PC. Port or not.

I see no reason why the sequel won't be also great.

Now, the PS3 version....I wouldn't know.

12. Markius

Markius New Member

i think the reason a lot of games seem to be jumping ship to console is that piracy is far less of a problem and more $ can be made.

13. Markius

Markius New Member

***POSSIBLE SPOILER*** (although i really doubt it, i just put this here incase someone is that anal)

i am up to a part where you are "lone wolf" meaning your not with your squad for a period of time (wont go into the whys and hows ofcourse) and all i can say is ITS FUSTRATING AS F#%K @ realistic difficulty to play without your team mates :duh:

14. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

does anyone have it on ps3? I am looking for some people to finish the campaign on co-op its pretty fun. Lots of people on the PS3 version.

I got the PC version as well, makes the console versions look like crap. Does the 360 framerates dip when you are on the helicopter?

15. Trusteft

Pimpsta, is the PC version more optimised than the first one?

16. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I'd say it's more optimized than the original Vegas, though textures appear less detailed to me. I've kinda lost interest already and I'm only on the first level :D

17. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

Uhh i think its the same... the lighting does look better and the framerate is a little lower but its still extremely fast for me with my system. It could hurt someone with a 8600GT noticeably though. Still runs like a joke overall, and I had NO bugs getting this one working with FSAA and widescreen support out of the box for 16:9 and 16:10 (my monitor). Its quite a recycled game overall. Slightly better graphics, maybe online is better for PC I haven't tried it yet. But the PS3 version drops to 10fps at some points such as when you get on the helicopter, its really annoying to look at. In addition, I was just complaining about 720p on my TV. It makes everything look darker as my TV really like 1080i. The gameplay is a lot faster on the PC though which is a good thing. You aren't losing out on any version really, and if anything this is one of the best shooters on the PS3 because you can actually access the the XMB to add and message friends!! In addition, inviting them too! I haven't tried the 360 version, how are the framerates there?

18. Trusteft

I don't have any version yet, had to buy a mouse and I don't know when I will have the money to get the game (PC probably, xbox 360 maybe), perhaps in a couple of months.

The reason I asked you about the PC version is because at some parts of the map on the first one, for example an empty corridor with a single light, the framerate will drop like 80% for no apparent reason. Was wondering if the same is true for the sequel.

I don't know if the PS3 or Xbox 360 original versions had this problem as well.

19. Markius

Markius New Member

i didnt notice any dips is frames during the helicopter bits (i assume you are talking about just before you start a mission)
    as for xboxlive, there are tons and tons of ppl playing it online in vs and co-op modes.

on a side not, a friend and myself did all the t-hunt missions on realistic the other night....(just 2 of us) was a blast :D

20. Markius

Markius New Member

@ bluemak ~ as far as i can remember the frame rate was smooth throughout on the first vegas on 360, sure as hell didnt dip in any small rooms. Vegas 2 is just as smooth, havent come across any dips that i can recal, again no dips in small rooms for sure.