Radeon 8500 in a sloooow box

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Zarathustra, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Elite Bastard

Got bored of looking at the unopened box that ATI sent me, so I decided to actually throw the 8500 into something. Looking at my machines, I decided to see if I could break some sort of record. Well I ended up putting the 8500 in my server which has dual P2-450 Xeons. I also ended up getting the highest 3DM2k1 score in the world for machines with CPUs up to 475mhz on my first run :) I did no tweaking at all other than eventually jacking up the core/memory to 302/302 to get this score. Considering how CPU limited this card must be, I decided to not try for faster speeds. Not too shabby of a score I'd say, especially considering that's roughly the same score I got in my Athlon 1400 box back when it was running a GF2GTS.

2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

yes thats a mighty fine score, nice card though ;)

3. Zarathustra

Got an over 4100 score with the card at 306/306. Tried 310.5/310.5 but all the textures got distorted and I had to reboot to get my desktop back to normal. Still not bad for a free card :)

4. JavaFox

JavaFox E Pluribus Unum

Yeah, that is a truly bitchin' score for a system of that calibre. Amazing how much work the 3D card handles alone, isn't it?

5. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Now wait just a minute...

I'm still trying to get over the "Got bored of looking at the unopened box that ATI sent me, so I decided to actually throw the 8500 into something." bit right now to be honest.

6. Zarathustra

Hehe poor DW, just wait till you see my other thread about an unopened box :)