Radeon Omega Drivers 2.4.96c for Win2k/XP

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Nov 8, 2003.

1. cheesah

cheesah New Member

smartgart too

hello all,
    new to this forum and that, but I hope you can help.

Heard about the Omega drivers from a good m8 and they came well recommended.
    Installed them no probs and added all the toys that came with it but I'm having difficulty with the smartgart options.

If I change any of the settings under the smartgart tab (AGP speed or fastwrites), apply then reboot, the settings go back to whatever they were before :( I have since updated the mobo bios but it is still the same. Getting a tad frustrated running at 4x when both mobo and gfx card are 8x capable.

here's me spooter:
    ASUS A7V8X MOBO - BIOS 1013
    RADEON 9700PRO 128MB
    ATHLON 2000+
    512 RAM
    LOTS OF HDDs
    CDROM
    MOUSE
    etc.:duh:

2. jjmd

jjmd New Member

This happen to me to. Try this. use Driver cleaner from this board http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/.
    The instuctions on how to use it are in the help files of the program.

Run Driver cleaner first then, Make sure in device manager u remove the display card listed. Re boot your computer, inter your bios and make sure 8x support is checked or something to that affect and the fast rights is also checked, then reinstall the omaga drivers. This sould fix your problem.

If it still gives u trouble, re install the agp chipset drivers that came with your MOB. and redue the above.

If your still having problems just repost and one of us will try something different. But this fixed mine so it should work for u.

By the way wecome aboard cheesah.

3. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

The choice of 4x and 8x should be found in the BIOS options. If it is disabled in the bios nothing you do with the Smargart tab will take effect

4. cheesah

cheesah New Member

thanks!

\o/ that's done it!! Ran Driver Cleaner 2 and followed the instructions. Rebooted + installed Omega. Rebooted and all the same under the smartgart :(

reinstalled the chipset drivers and all is working! :D I can select AGP speed and play with fastwrites.

Thanks for the tip, I guess I should have thought of this myself, but with all these drivers for my beastie floating about it's hard to know where to start - I'm now wondering whether or not I even installed the chipset drivers after my format a couple of weeks ago :hmm:

hehe anyways I'm happy now and enjoying my Omega Drive :> Might just fiddle with the clock settings and have another look at 3DMark

God Bless j00000000!!!!1111oneone

5. jjmd

jjmd New Member

No problem Buddy, i have to confess Kakarot told me about this and what to do about a month ago. So i just passed on some good info that i received. Have fun with your benching. post your scores to!

6. Ponte

Ponte New Member

I´m having some problems with this drivers, the game Street Legal: Redline hungs just after a few second when i start it. I have a Radeon 9600 Pro. I have enabled Fastwrite in bios and disabled VPU recovery. Anything else I should try?

7. SoldaT. (be)

SoldaT. (be) New Member

My sys. spec. winxp pro sp1/A7N8X deluxe mb/XP2400(2gig)/512 ddr dual,radeon9700pro.

I had the cat 3.9 installed,but in level ship3,the game always crashed.
    I installed hotfix,no mather....
    I installed 3.9 omega,no diff.(at first,the probs seem to be solved...bullshit):(
    The only opion for me to run the game without crashing is to disable fast write in both
    bios and smartgart tab.
    There should be no speed gain by enabling fast write,however,i prefere
    having it enabled.
    For the time being,I have fast write disabled...
    Nothin else seems to work...what a bummer.
    Strange do,9700pro users need to disable fast write in order to play the game,9600pro users need to enable fast write....go figure.
    Think I'll let the pro's take care of this1...

cya'll,SoldaT.

And the Lord screamed;"this 'hotfix' dusnt work!!!"
    ATI replayed;"we was all sharing the opinion u learned us about patience..."
    when the Lord replayed;"patience?sure,ok,will it prevent u from making crap in the future?"
    ATI;"be patience....":mad:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2003
  8. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

hey... I just noticed I cannot get into the shader effects options :p

9. FinZip

FinZip New Member

Hercules 9800SE AIW

uuuh!
    I like to use new omega softmod driver,but there comes texture or pixel errors during some 3Dmark03 test
    and also like in Quake 3....but marks what came out ...wauu...5369 3dmarks...
    But i had to install non softmod driver coz of those spot what jumpping on screen :( and 3dmarks dropped
    to 3674 3dmarks....:(
    Is there anything what i can do to fix those spots out on Omega softmod driver? Card is Hercules 9800SE AIW...help!!!
    Thx already...

10. SoldaT. (be)

SoldaT. (be) New Member

ok,i finally,hopefully solved me probs...

I reinstalled the 3.9 ati cat driver.
    updated both 9700pro and vpu recover error fix.
    started playing the ship 3 level over and over,just to be sure,hehe.
    so far so good,no more crashes.
    with all sett. by default,fast write enabled etc.,both desktop and
    ingame res. @ 1024x768-85Hz I have a solid fps not going over 85 or
    under 70.(with vsync set to always on,the fps drops a bit lower..)

yippi ka yey i say,for the time being,thx ati

greetZ SoldaT.

11. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

Re: Hercules 9800SE AIW

well, that only means ur card is not mod-able, remember not all cards can be moded, sorry yours is one of those =/ if u just bought it, you can change it and see if it will work this time,

12. cheesah

cheesah New Member

hello all :)

just done some benching on my rig and here are the results!

3DMark2001 12105
    3DMark2003 4752/391
    PCMark2002 5068/4002/750
    Aquamark3 30022

Most impressed with the 2001 score, which went from 10000 up and up :D after installing the Omega drivers and sorting my chipset drivers.
    Had to downgrade my BIOS 3 versions so I could select the AGP speed.:confused:
    There are some faster machines out there with similar spec to mine so gonna keep tweaking and see what happens.

13. KRN-Drak

KRN-Drak New Member

I try and run 3DMark01 SE and I get error that I dont have proper video drivers etc. This Omega driver side effect? just wondering. Thank you!

14. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Something wrong there, 3D acceleration might have been busted, use Advanced SmartGart to re-enable AGP/PCI read (better of if all of them are ON).

15. Arvidor

Arvidor DriverHeaven LOVA!!!

Mobility support

Originally posted by Omegadrive
    Do I get it right, that you already updated the drivers since the Mobility support hyperlink is underlinded twice and appears yellow?

Otherwise, take your time and a big RESPECT for your work so far.

Arvidor

16. KRN-Drak

KRN-Drak New Member

NM, setup I downlaoded had it listed as build 330 but it wasn't. Didn't support Direct X 9.0+

17. FinZip

FinZip New Member

Hercules 9800SE AIW

Hi again!
    Well i change card and same proplem is still on....but now those spots are smaller...lol
    Is there anything to do with this:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just discovered what the problem with the Hercules cards is... Only ONE setting is different from the normal ATI drivers:

DisableOverlayTheaterMode

On the normal drivers this is turned OFF by default, but in Hercules it is ON, You know why? Because there is no second RamDac and thus, if it is enabled in the drivers, they will try to load the secondary RamDac and the card will not boot.

To install normal drivers (like mine) in Hercules cards just run the setup, after the drivers are installed don't restart. Go into the registry and look for this key:

DisableOverlayTheaterMode

Change it from "0" to "1" in every instance, then exit and restart. They should work now.

If not let me know...
    Good Luck!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked regedit how is my settings there and :

DisableOverlayTheatherMode REG_BINARY 00 00 00 00

Should i install softmod driver again and change that 01 00 00 00 before reboot?
    Does anyone expiriense about it?
    All help is welcome

18. Stim

Stim New Member

Call of Duty Official Fix

ATI released crash fix for Call Of Duty,
    link for download: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4291.html
    btw that file is about 22Mb

Omegadrive
    could implement this fix in you driverpack before ATI released new Catalyst ?
    I think ATI fix (cause it's size so great) can modify original drivers and maybe Softmod or smth will be working wrong.

19. Catalyst_Shift

Catalyst_Shift New Member

Major Problem!!! When I run Raven Shield at 2048x1536 with 4x AA, my monitor won't display the whole image!!!!

Okay, so maybe that's not much of a problem, but I was just amused at how playable it was at that resolution, cropping of the screen aside.

The actual questions are anti-aliasing......am I just imagining it, or does the Omega driver lower the quality of anti-aliasing? It seems different. The other question is a OpenGL thing. When manipulating isoparms in Maya, I basicly get tracers of the line. They stay until I rotate the camera. This isn't specific to the Omega driver, I got this with the regular Catalyst drivers as well. It seems to be an issue with clearing the back buffer....just as a guess. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  20. LioCraft

LioCraft New Member

Midnight Club II & Radeon 7500

Hi There. Has anyone tried Midnight Club II with a Radeon 7500?. I couldn't lunch the game with official 3.9 Cats. If so, does this solve texture problems?. Thanks in advance.