Radeon Omega Drivers 2.4.96c for Win2k/XP

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Nov 8, 2003.

1. boby

boby New Member

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  2. GermanBase

GermanBase New Member

Yes! Same Prob! :confused:

3. mopeygoth

mopeygoth New Member

I have problems with the Omegas based on cat3.9. For some reason Ati Truform is unsupported by omegas in this release. Any experience/suggestions on that?

4. Morrolan

Morrolan New Member

Hey, I just read the above post about installing the driver from the device manager to get around the bug for 9000 mobilities, and, sorry to be a bother, but can anyone outline how that's done? I'm a bit of a newb with driver stuff. Thanks!

5. Arvidor

Arvidor DriverHeaven LOVA!!!

Mobility Probs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Omegadrive
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry to ask this again, but did you update the set yet or are you waiting for the new catalyst driver to come out?

Cheers
    Arvidor

6. OlDeri

OlDeri New Member

Mobility M6

Hi!

I have a ATI Mobility M6 card on my HP xe4400 laptop, could someone tell me if omega drivers work in my laptop?
    I'm really hoping to gain performance in my computer...
    And if anyone could help me with GTA: Vice City and somehow getting around hardware t&l in it, I would greatly appreciate it. My Vice City game gets really slow when a lot of smoke cover the screen in game and I can't do anything about it! ;)

7. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the midst of this thread I confirmed operation of the Omega Drivers (.96c) for XP on my laptop below. However, this was one of the two times in the past year and a half that I have had to use Patje's modder on the expanded installation file - read Patje's instructions for the details.

As for the hardware T&L, sorry - can't do it - doesn't exist in the Radeon Mobility (M6) - software only. This hardware feature was not included in the chip for whatever reason - a main difference between it and the desktop version of the same chip.

Before installing Omegadrive's driver on your unit, make sure that the previous drivers and control panel (if installed separately) are uninstalled completely. The DH cleaner software is effective in scrounging the remnants of the ATI software out of your system after you uninstall conventionally (via Add/Remove Programs).

8. andi79

andi79 New Member

hi!

i don't know if a thread about this already exists, but my 9500NP @ 9800 has some troubles with the omega 96c and 87 drivers. only in 3 specific games: halo, nfs underground, c&c renegade.

in halo it looks like a 3 year old child painted the screen :) (i'll add a pic at the end)
    renegade: on the left side, a not perfectly rendered field appears, everytime i approach to a wall or mountain.
    nfs: time and mph counter is only a grey block, also in the menu there are no arrows, only some pixel's

does some1 have simmilar probs? everything else is working fine.

halo with omega drivers
    [​IMG]

halo with original cat 3.9
    [​IMG]

9. GUNNIX

GUNNIX New Member

The win9x omega's still not released =/

10. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

heh, i guess u will need to wait until 3.10 cats have released to see new win9x drivers, sowwy, wonder what happened to omegadude this time ^^'

11. GUNNIX

GUNNIX New Member

heh, I hope he doesn't drop win9x drivers because of the small need for them =/

12. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Unfortunately I think that is what is going to happen, M$ is making it though on 9x OSes since it will be dropping support for it on Dec 31. I have been working on XP for some time now and I will NEVER go back to 9x again, the XP advantages are HUGE (when correctly configured that is).

I truly recommend all 9x users to do the BIG jump like I did and take the dive into XP.

Still, I will make a driver set based on the Cat 3.10 for 9x, but it will be my last 9x set, sorry to disappoint all my fans :oops: :(

BTW, I will make the official announcement as soon as I release this last 9x/ME set.

13. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Off topic, but how do we know if it is correctly configured?:hmm:

14. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Omegadrive, as it is the right thing to do in order to avoid wasting (well almost anyway) project resources. The numbers in the year of 2004 should mean something after all. It's just too bad that quite a few home users with not so big pockets has to suffer because of Microsofts rather hefty price even on the WinXP Home edition. But that's a different story.

15. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

When you eliminate a LOT of uneeded services, remove uneeded startup programs and optimize the memory usage. ;)

16. HolyAvenger

HolyAvenger New Member

I've got my little quirks with this set.

Speed is great in both OpenGL and D3D, and the set runs Neverwinter Nights beautifully on my 9600 XT card (and usually NWN is just so messed up with any 9600, and it sure is with default Cat 3.9), but why don't the drivers support 1024x768 res ? I have 960x720, then the next is 1200x900.

Also both 3DMark 2001 and 2003 bail out with D3D device errors.

@Omegadrive: I've e-mailed you about this, but then it occured to me that it might be better to post here. Still I'd be happy if you reply to my mail.

Edit: Just ran dxdiag. DX 9 test fails....

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  17. Cobra95

Cobra95 New Member

Yep, got that far. But then I get a blurb about no info on my hardware being found at that location, and that's the end of that. I ended up system-restoring, after several failed attempts at working around whatever is wrong with this install on mobility systems. This hp ze4560us notebook is a Christmas present for my daughter, and I'm afraid to keep trying. The display reads out as Radeon IGP 320M on DXDiag. Chip type U1 (C6). Hope that helps ease the eventual fix.

18. HolyAvenger

HolyAvenger New Member

Ati cards are strange beasts....
    I uninstalled the Omegadriver and put the stock Cat 3.9 back on (well, not exactly stock, but the newest beta). Not only do all settings that didn't work before work (like FastWrites for instance), but also speed went massively up from what I had with those 3.9 betas before. Omega's driver has fixed *something* on my system, which now allows the stock driver to work. And I have my standard video modes back. Needless to say that even Neverwinter Nights (which was a guaranteed 10 second lockup with these drivers before) now purrs along peacefully with everything maxed out and hardware mouse enabled, a thing that usually kills 9600 cards.

19. BWX

BWX get out and ride

It was probably just the re-installation of the drivers that did it. Sometimes Smartgart doesn't start after a driver installation, and they never seem to work right until a re-installation. It's happened to me before, that's just one scenario.

20. GUNNIX

GUNNIX New Member

damn too bad you gonna drop win9x drivers, but good news that you'll still make 1 more for me :D. By the way , I did move from XP too win98 ... I liked XP a lot , used it more then a year. Did every tweak on the net... but when I tried win98 with some huuuge modifications I definately prefered it. And after a whyle of dual booting I just dropped XP :p. When drivers support for win98 drops I guess I'll just go Linux hehe