Radeon Omega Drivers 2.4.96c for Win2k/XP

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Nov 8, 2003.

1. zapper

zapper New Member

Re: opengl texture quality

Yea, I noticed that too when playing COD, I would get really bad textures with the shell shock, I moved the bar to max and all is fine now

2. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Re: opengl texture quality

I've noticed this with many, many Cat and Omega releases. I always just check the settings after install. No biggie.

3. Trilogy

Trilogy New Member

Oh my god, these drivers are brilliant! I had some problems with 3.9 VPU recovery but they are gone with these drivers. I got my Operation Flashpoint work again with ATi. I got it run once on 3.6 omegas but later on it didn't run anymore and now it works flawlessly. Silent Storm, COD Demo #2 and Max Payne 2 worked well too. I really admire your work, please keep doing these great driver releases :)

4. ZzzombieBunny

ZzzombieBunny Cake or Death?

Re: Re: opengl texture quality

I think Omega mentioned that the difference in quality is near minimal between High and High Quality. But the performance gain is noticeable... I personally dont see any difference between the High and High Quality setting, except somewhat slower performance... so I run with the High setting. Anyone feel like taking a few comparison screenshots?

5. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

Re: Re: Re: opengl texture quality

yeah, me too, is not that big difference (if any) in quality, but good for performance ^^

6. uNkn0wN

uNkn0wN New Member

How do i close/uninstall/deactivate this configurator (resolution...) with the omega logo in my systray???

7. Al_Vampyre

Al_Vampyre Well-Known Member

There is a disable ATI systray icon in the options (under General I think) that will remove it m8

8. ree

ree New Member

Some issue want to share after installing Omega Driver

I have a minor problem after installing the Omega. After some reboot on PC, my explorer use up more
    CPU resources, sometimes up to 99%. And another problem is once i swith on my TV tuner in PC, the overlay screen on the TV program will be black out after overlap by menu. Overlay screen no longer stay
    on top of any other program. This is important because I always multitaking, I switch on the TV meanwhile doing other things such as online simultaneously.
    I manage to solved above problems by running "Driver Cleaner" and reinstall the Omega Driver. Final advice, please don't overlap the driver installation, completely uninstall the previous driver by using Driver Cleaner. This should solve most of the problem:D

9. wolfran

wolfran New Member

Question??

So why did Omega decide to disable the O/Cing in his profiler??
    It's kinda very useful for someone who like to o/c the card depending on the apps.
    Can he make it to work in the future release??

Thanks man
    Your driver rocks as usual.

10. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

the 3D profiler is a 3rd part application that he just bundles with his drivers.... You can still OC your card with RadClocker

11. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

and he disabled it cauze there some problems with it ^^'

12. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Uninstall of Omega Drivers and Control panel

Hi all:

I tried the Radeon Omega Drivers 2.4.96c for Win2k/XP, but unfortunately the Catylist 3.4 driver works best for me and the game I like to play most (Comanche 4) using my Radeon 8500 64 MB card.

So I uninstalled the Omega driver, but the clock rate tab on the control panel keeps coming back when I reinstalled the 3.4 driver and control panel. Can someone tell me how to completely uninstall the Omega driver and control panel stuff?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely, thomasabarnes@sbcglobal.net

13. boby

boby New Member

u must uninstal omega drivers and all utilities that comes with these drivers

14. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

wow, just tried a little further, and after time and time of my PC freezing with some DX9 games, this drivers solved that problem, AT LEAST =D I thought I was going to stay with 3.4 for longer time :p ohh it also recognize only one monitor instead of two when I have only one connected, its cool ^^ not mentioning that I never liked the 3.8 CP so much, great great work Omega, keep it going ^^ yeah yeah, I know, little late for comments, but I've been busy lately :p

15. Stim

Stim New Member

I've installed new Omega's drivers based on Catalyst 3.9 and experienced graphics problem with missed polygons in Once Upon a Knight game in Shader game mode. In T&L game mode everything is OK.
    Somebody told me that Catalyst 3.7 dont have such bug, but I'd like to use 3.9 based drivers...
    Any suggestions for that?

16. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

do u need any of the bug fixes of 3.9? if not u can always get back to 3.8 or somethen

17. judasith

judasith New Member

SmartGart?

Hi to all,

I have a laptop with a Mobility Radeon 9000 64mb ram.

Set aside the problem with "INF error" during the installation, which I went round installing via Device Manager, I found another strange problem: I don't have the "SMARTGART" tab in the configuration, which I had with Omega 2.4.96b... why? It is because I could not install in the conventional way or because Smartgart is not inlcuded in this Omega Drivers version?

I'd really like to disable Fast Writes, and I can't do it via MB BIOS, since it doesn't have ANY options on my laptop :(

Overall the drivers are very good, but I'll wait eagerly for the new, fixed version, since the previous ones gave absolutely NO problem and worked flawlessly :)

Bye...

18. daos

daos New Member

omega PWNZ ALL.

19. infexious1

infexious1 New Member

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem as judasith, Mobility Radeon 9000 - gives me an INF error, is there going to be a fix for this small prob?

Cheers - keep up the good work ;)

20. USMC Gomer Pyle

USMC Gomer Pyle New Member

Question on new Drivers......

Hello this is my first time here and my first time using the Omega Drivers.
    I have a Radeon 9000pro and just downloaded and installed the Omega Drivers, your newest ones. I play Battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat mod and when I use the drivers I get small Triangles that appear in the terrain, but they seem to disappear after a while. Before I was using the 3.1 Drivers from ATI (normal drivers) and it did not do this. I have not tried all the maps so I can't say if it will continue to be a problem. If anyone here plays the same game and if you know of any setting that I can change that might stop this from happening please let me know? Any reply is most welcome and if this is not the right place to ask please point me in the right direction. Also the only thing I have changed after installing the drivers is I turned off the fast write as per your instructions. Here are my computer specs in case you need them Thanks.

Comp Spec:
    DRAGON FULL-TOWER CASE
    ASUS P4T533-C RDRAM MOTHERBOARD
    INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.06GHZ 512K L2 CACHE 533MHZ FSB
    512MB RDRAM PC1066
    WESTERN DIGITAL 80GB 8MB CACHE HD
    ATI RADEON 9000 PRO 64MB DDR
    16X DVD-ROM
    SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY W/1394
    INTEL PRO/1000 MT GIGABIT DESKTOP ADAPTER
    1.44MB FLOPPY DRIVE BLACK
    LITE-ON 52/24/52 CD-RW BLACK