Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.205 (Cat 6.1)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Jan 18, 2006.

1. zerthimon

zerthimon New Member

BSOD after starting ATI TOOLS

Video:
    Omega 6.01
    MOBILITY RADEON 9000/9100 IGP Series (Omega 3.8.205)
    8.205-060104a-029602C-ATI-OMEGA

Config:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name xxxxx
    System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
    System Model Satellite A75-S2292
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3200 Mhz
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3200 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date TOSHIBA V1.50, 16/11/2004
    SMBIOS Version 2.31
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale xxxxxx
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
    User Name xxxxxxx
    Time Zone xxxxxxxxxx
    Total Physical Memory 1,536.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 906.32 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 1.89 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

2. the big Firefly

the big Firefly New Member

hi guys. im still at work going home at 5:00 pm then im gonna try the omega drivers for the first time. having problems with my x700pro so ill let u know what my kard thinks of it. hopfully its the end of all my problems... thanks anyway omega...

3. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

Is there any way to keep ATI OVERDRIVE from enabling after every reboot? I don't want to have to go into the drivers everytime I turn on my computer or reboot to disable this.

4. Ib Al-Musaheb

Ib Al-Musaheb New Member

@OmegaDrive/Ray Adams

If you need something to fix ...

Here's a very small pic from a text error I get, when I'm pointing the cursor over the ATI Tray Tools-Tray Icon. :rofl:

[​IMG]

5. Dalton Sleeper

Dalton Sleeper Programmer

I am running Omega 6.1 and it worked just fine for a few days, but yesterday I got the blue screen, think it was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and at the bottom atitray.sys something... Is this an ATI Tray Tool problem? just want to be sure it isn't my new x1600. I Also noticed that the MSI bootscreen is corrupt with the x1600, but in windows everything is normal. The bootscreen was fine with TI4200 :|.

Config:
    AMD XP2000+ Palomino
    MSI KT3 Ultra ARU (old :D)
    Sapphire x1600pro (AGP 8x)
    2*512 ADATA BH5
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Updated: I read that another have the ATI TRAY TOOL problem with similar gfx , then it's the bootscreen problem left, but it's not the drivers causing it :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  6. Michel Merlin

Michel Merlin New Member

Hydravision features in Omega?

Where can I find how to use HV (HydraVision) features with Omega Drivers? Are they included in Omega Drivers (and then where do I find them and how do I use them), or should I install Hydravision™ (currently 3.25.0006)?

{The reason is I am continuing trying to cure by myself the flaw explained in HTML color-coding disappeared (Omega 5.4). On the last remaining PC affected now (W2KSP4 US, RADEON 7500 Series AGP - Omega 2.6.87, Athlon XP 2000+), I have tried many things, but the flaw never disappeared, whatever Catalyst or Omega I try, even with uninstalling any ATI or Omega driver (thus running in VGA); so I intend to install Hydravision and toggle it On/Off - since on another PC (W2KSP4 US, RADEON 8500 BBA, P4 1.8A) the flaw disappeared/reappeared at once when I toggled Hydravision Off/On.

Paris, Fri 3 Feb 2006 12:41:15 +0100

7. Andc

Andc New Member

That usually happens (always?) when two devices are conflicting each other. If you have some pci devices, try moving them from a slot to another. If you have several just move one at a time and try if it works. Some motherboards (bioses) allow you to change IRQ-values without moving the device to another slot. If you only have your gfx card and everything else is integrated, you should try looking to change the irq values in your bios. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Just noticed atitool uses its own driver. Try uninstalling atitool and remove the device (device manager, atitool utility) before trying the previous fix i posted.

8. ToranagaSama

ToranagaSama New Member

Hello,

I am having a problem installing the drivers. I keep receiving the following error message, shortly after clicking, yes, yes, for the actual drivers to install. The problem appears to do with the installer editing the registry.

Error message:

cannot import c:\program: error opening the file. there may be a disk or file system error.

I receive the error several times citing varying directories, "c:\radeon", etc.

I use Win2000 pro sp4 with NTFS. I thought perhaps maybe my Volume names might be the problem so I renamed the primary disk to simply "Local Disk(C)"

I tried installing the prior omegadrivers version and the problem persisted.

Note, I use Zone Alarm, as well as Spybot, could this be the crux of the problem? I wondering if "Spybot" is the particular problem, as its purpose is to guard the Registry? In any event, I shutdown both prior to attempting to install.

I appreciate any and all feedback, thank you in advance.

BTW, I have a 9700 pro.

Oh, one last thing, as I implied the actual drivers appear to install, but the installation is not complete. I installed the drivers as part of a little system overhaul (new PSU, HD, etc.). As such I have to re-overclock my system. Attempting that, bumping the FSB from the default 200 to 210 (normally I can clock to 250), the system boots into windows, then after a few minutes BSODs. I mention this because part of the BSOD error message mentions "corrupt driver". I have additional infor from that message if needed. I haven't investigated further, but I'm guessing the video driver is the problem.

9. Tauros

Tauros New Member

Hi there. This is my first post, but i use Omega drivers for about 6 months, roughly the same time I have a ATI card. A Gecube Radeon 9600pro 256mb.
    [​IMG]

I make this post because for the last 3 or 4 omegadrives releases, i can't use Anti-Aliasing.

Like this game, Freedom Force. Note the cells on the phone both.
    [​IMG]

But in the ATI TrayTools game profiles i always change them.
    [​IMG]

If anyone could help I would apreciate it.

PS. I have PIV 1,5ghz, 512 ram, WinXPpro SP2, Omega drivers 3.8.205.

10. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I had the same problem, AA and AF had a mind of their own.. I could never control them with ATI TRAY TOOLS installed.

What I did was just install the Omega drivers only, and NOT ATT, then I use ATI TOOL. It works perfect. ATI TRAY TOOLS is buggy as hell for me for some reason, in fact I have never been able to get it to work properly.

11. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

are there ever gona be any omega drivers for windows xp professional x64 edition???

12. starfleet

starfleet New Member

Ok using the Latest Omega Drivers vs The offical Release with the DHmodtoolkit these are the errors i've had so far on a ATI Mobility Radeon 9000/9100 IGP.

ATI ones worked fine generally some VPU crashes but I find that seems to be the ATI drivers (even one i don't have to mod is doing it)

On the Omega Set:

1. Certain games (such as eve) Seem to go into a graphic frenzy, the Frame Rate starts to Bog down, flashes and flickers or a total compleate 'lock' at black screen with out being able to continue on.
    2. The Force TV Detect, in the Control Panel/Display/Advanced/ Feature doesn't want to work at all. (it works fine with the standard ATI driver set on this card)
    3. the Tray Tools cause a Blue Screen of death on start.

------
    On a Xpress 200M Series:
    Certain games go to a black screen lock or have flickers and flashes (can't say if the standard version of the DHModtool version does this because DH doesn't support it and I can't work out how I would go about adding it).
    Tray Tools Cause a BSOD.

-------

Now I did notice that I loaded in 20x's faster on normal stuff but honestly I mean, it started to cause crashes and the like that I don't experiance on other setups..

Is there any idea what is causing this? And if Not can some one tell me exactly what I need to get and what I need to change to install a driver set onto the one with the Xpress 200m

thanks
    -Rob

13. sora3

sora3 New Member

Well, I'm currently using the Omegas. So far, the issue with BF2 causing some glitches seems to have disappeared. But when starting up CS:S then I get some glitches.

Overall, it's stable. Better than the CCC. Too bad Crossfire needs CCC to enabled :(

14. assassin66

assassin66 New Member

Using Omega 3.8.205 drivers with ATI Radeon 9500

I have an ATI Radeon 9500 128mb x8 AGP graphics card, and am running the Omega 6.1 (3.8.205) drivers with it. They run great, but I have a problem and wonder if anyone can help me sort it.
    I have tried using the softmod swapper with force 9700 and force 9800, which turn my 9500 into 9700 Pro and 9800 Pro cards respectively.
    This is great, and the 9800 Pro is really fast, but I cant use either the 9700 or 9800 in Quake 4 without getting a checkerboard effect.
    With the normal Omega drivers it runs without problem, so why does the checkerboard effect appear when using either of the softmods?
    If anyone has any ideas on how I could cure this, I would love to hear how they did it.
    I can use both of the softmods in Call of Duty without any problems, and there is a noticeable speed increase, especially with the 9800 Pro, as can be expected.
    I look forward to getting to the bottom of this problem and solving it, as soon as I can.

Cheers

John

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  15. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

yo Angel when are you gonna put out an x64 based set??????

16. assassin66

assassin66 New Member

How do I change Omega drivers?

I am thinking of removing my Omega 6.1 drivers and trying the 5.6 drivers to see if they work better when using the Force 9700 or Force 9800 softmod.
    I have been told that because my graphics card, an ATI Radeon 9500, is quite old, I might be better with the 5.6 drivers.
    I have used the 6.1 drivers fine, they work great, but the force 9700 and 9800 gives me a checkerboard effect in Quake 4 especially.
    Anyone who can help here, please get in touch.

Cheers

John

17. BizSAR

BizSAR New Member

Great driver release! Can't wait for the next one (6.2 +). :)

IMHO, the ATI Tray Tools, however need some improvement in the UI and compatibility with the ATI panel the Omega drivers came with.

18. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

6.2 are up!