Radeon Omega Drivers for Win 2k/XP/9x/ME (Cat 3.10)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 21, 2003.

1. zerodamage

zerodamage New Member

Only if you knew how much I have to do each day..... only if you knew.....:duh:

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I understand man .. Keep the faith ;)
    And best of the season ;)

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo New Member

AGP not working with new cats

Hi i have the same problem as allot of other people. My agp wont change from 0. You suggested to dl AGP chipset drivers for their mobo. Where do i get these drivers? I tried updating my bios but it didnt work.

4. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

Re: AGP not working with new cats

Could you please post you mobo specs please, it depends on the chipset maker of the board. If the chipset maker of the motherboard is SIS,VIA, nVIDIA or Intel just go to their site and download their latest AGP Driver. Hope it helps.

5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo New Member

here are my mb specs. Asus P4S8X-X Pentium®4 DDR with 2.66Ghz 478Pin 533FSB CPU.... So which site to I dn it from?

NM, I figured it out and it worked thanks.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2003
  6. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Re: Unable to download 98/Me Drivers

Me too. But I get it if this is intentional to make this (as it's Omegadrive's last set) a limited availability Collector's Edition Driverset ;)

7. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Re: Re: Unable to download 98/Me Drivers

Sorry, is the server, I'll see if I can get another mirror for it ;)

8. Samppa72

Samppa72 New Member

Hi, (uh, sorry for crossposting.. this matter is urgent)

My problem is that i bought Club3d radeon SE card awhile back.. Now that i have fresh install of Wix XP, I thought
    it would work with omega drivers.. Ive read previous posts to this particulal forum... But have not come across a soultion that makes sense to me or works for me.

Im not such a noob with comps, and ive really tried to obey several rules in order to make things work. Everything goes well to the part where omega (the latest 1s), and all of its suppments r installed. Im talking now about the 9800se Soft-Modded drivers. After a reboot however, the screen goes blank and stays blank (i hear the op system voices though) and am able to log out.

Ppl say that i oughta disable VPU recover and disable DDC in control centre.... but how can i do such thing as my screen is black???? And would they work... How about regediting them off in "safe or vga mode"?

Regular omega 9800 drivers work well... should I just revert to them? maybe my gcard just inst made for soft-modding?

My comp is amd xp 2600+
    1 gig ddr mem
    via kt 400 mainboard
    and such....

9. swimtech

Sounds like you've found the problem yourself, not all cards will accept the mods. There are others here who know more about the bios, memory, and other hardware/firmware conditions needed for the cards to accept the mods, but since your card runs fine with the normal Omegadrive drivers it is likely your card just doesn't like the mod procedure.

10. swimtech

Re: Re: Re: Unable to download 98/Me Drivers

Thanks tons, Omegadrive - I'll try again in a couple days unless you post or PM sooner.

11. Arikel

Arikel New Member

This set slows my framerates to a crawl in Horizons, otherwise they're fantastic but I've had to go back to the official drivers at least for the time being because of this. :( Hopefully this is no longer the case in the next set, I'm looking forward to trying them out.

12. Rasterize

Rasterize New Member

Latest Omega drivers worked like a charm for me as well. And while browsing for feedback in this thread I found out that I had the AGP problem as well. So I got the latest Intel drivers and installed right after the Omega drivers. Gave me about 1000 extra marks in 3Dmark 2001 and, more importantly, a really nifty improvement in 2D speed in Windows and Video playback!

So, Thanx a lot and a happy newyear to you all!

13. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

mmm, maybe omega could say on the softmod part "if the card doesnt work any good this way, revert back to non-modded drivers" ?

14. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Hmmm well said;)

15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo New Member

FPS wont go over 60

The previous version I had my FPS over 100 in raven shield. Now I cant get it over 60. Can someone help? Or should i just switch back to 3.9 cats?

16. Bob_PWF

Bob_PWF New Member

Re: Re: Re: Unable to download 98/Me Drivers

I got it. Thank you very much. Installed flawlessly and have noticed a fairly significant performance boost.
    Thanks again for providing this service.

We run a site dedicated to developing mod's, tracks, and tools for NASCAR Racing 2003 by Papyrus Racing Games. People are always looking for ways to optimize their FPS. If you don't mind, I'd like to post about the success I've had with your drivers on our forums...

Best regards & Happy New Year,
    Bob Stanley

http://www.projectwildfire.com

17. Smokey the RoTT

Smokey the RoTT New Member

New Omega Drivers for XP

Since downloading and installing, and making the changes in the readme, my games haven't been locking up. Good work Omega!

But, when I click on the Start button in the lower left for the windows menu it fades in. Like it is running really slow or something. Is this part of the driver or something else? I really would like to have the menu to just pop up like it used to.

Thanks, Tim

PowerColor 9600Pro EZ on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe running XP Pro
    Waiting on ATI's Next Gen chip, 420, to upgrade to the top end card.

Fixes:
    >Disabled VPU
    >Set the AGP to 4x
    Couldn't find the DDC Omega talked about disabling. Maybe it aint on mine.

18. Smokey the RoTT

Smokey the RoTT New Member

New Omega Drivers for XP

Oh, nevermind. It resolved itself when I rebooted. Something was using CPU cycles. Would go to 50% on a 2.8 P4 with 1gig ram whenever I clicked on the menu. Strange.

19. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Nice to hear ya resolved your probs Smokey.
    A good reboot generally flushes things and allows the registry updates to be properly recognized.
    When Im installing and testing drivers I as a rule uninstall the current, reboot install new driver .. and then reboot and test.

Simple but effective;)

20. dankone2K3

dankone2K3 New Member

FIC Radeon 9500 Pro

Omega,
    I just want to first thank you for your efforts releasing the driver packages, it is the first time I have used them, and they seem to give my FIC Radeon 9500 Pro a substantial performance boost. Allthough I havent taken the time to do any bendhmarks yet, I can see a huge difference in the quality playing Call of Duty, especially with Anti-aliaising at 4X, it doesnt skip a beat.

My question is, you say in this thread that with the profiler included, that ALL cards are overclockable. According to all other forums I have read, there is no Bios mod that will work with the FIC Radeon 9500Pro. So are you positive that I can now overclock this card with profiler while using your drivers? If so I will have to play with it and have some fun...thanks.

By the way, I do have a problem with external video that I am starting a new thread with. If you have time, please take a look and see if you can suggest anything...thank you. :)