Radeon Omega Drivers for Win 2k/XP/9x/ME (Cat 3.10)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Omegadrive, Dec 21, 2003.

1. dankone2K3

dankone2K3 New Member

External Video is scrambled with Omega 3.10 drivers installed

Omega,
    I just want to first thank you for your efforts releasing the driver packages, it is the first time I have used them, and they seem to give my FIC Radeon 9500 Pro a substantial performance boost. Allthough I havent taken the time to do any bendhmarks yet, I can see a huge difference in the quality playing Call of Duty, especially with Anti-aliaising at 4X, it doesnt skip a beat. To me benchmarks are cool, but the true test is how the games play and what you see, not what the FPS is in the Benchmark3D2003 tests.

After installing the 3.10 drivers, I noticed that when I switch to my external display to my TV using S-video, it does see the TV, but the video is all scrambled and does not seem to sync. To be fair, I had run into some problems with the ATI Catalyst drivers that were just released as far as they seemed to be conflicting with the old Catalyst drivers, so I had done a complete cleaning of all ATI files in the Windows XP system files and the registry before installing your Omega 3.10 drivers. I have never had to do anything special to configure the settings for my TV, just used the defaults and Alt+F5 hot key and it always worked. Have you heard of this issue before?

Also, my understanding is that the fast write feature is the source of most locking problems in Call of Duty. Based on what I've read, if you don't see the fast write option in your Bios your mobo doesnt support it and it therefore is is not enabled by ATI drivers, is that correct?

Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:confused: :confused:

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I have heard of the TV issue before .. not sure if its resolved yet I don't log onto Rage much :eek:
    Tell ya what bro I'll PM ya if we see responses on that subject ..
    As I last remember .. GIBRO had an issue with that .. hmmm ..
    Thanks for your feedback dankone2K3 ... nice of some of our newer members speak up;) ;)

3. dankone2K3

dankone2K3 New Member

thanks for the response

at least now i know its nothing i did , but the drivers...

4. dankone2K3

dankone2K3 New Member

My bad, the external video is working

I commited the cardinal sin of troubleshooting..I did not follow my own motto...."When in doubt, reboot"

5. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

dankone2k3: Omega uses a hack so every single ATI card out there can OC perfectly with his drivers, so dont worry about it :)

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

And a "hack" supported and recognized by ATI .. ;)
    Damn I missed ya again Shadowlady .. seems holidays suxors for us :hmm:
    Happy New Years too ya ^^

7. Exterminas

Exterminas New Member

Shutdown Problems

Hey!

I had the problem that I couldn't install 3.9 because of the .ini file problem....

I own a Sony VAIO PCG-FRV26 notebook with integrated ATI MOBILITY RADEON IGP 345M ...

When I searched the forum for Help I saw OmegaDrive asking for Notebook Beta Testers... With his instructions I got 3.10 beta running..

Sometimes however, playing StarWars Knights of the Old Republic (Which I got to run thx to Omega Drivers...!!) and Max Payne 2 (Which finally displayed the crosshair correct thx to Omega Drivers..), my notebook shut down completely all of a sudden. No automatic reboot or so.. just a simple shut down.
    This however didn't occur too often...

With the release of the FINAL Omega Driver 3.10 I upgraded... and since then every game crashes after a couple of minutes... Jedi Knight Academy DEMO didn't crashed immediately after loading the level... Max Payne 2 the same... I didn't even try out Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic... Seemed to me that whenever I use 3d software the game crashed...

So waht I tried was to reinstall other drivers... I have no clue how but all of a sudden I could install the Omega Driver 3.9 ! oO

Now it works and I have no shutdowns anymore... I didn't try out StarWars Knights of the Old Republic bc I didn't install it yet... Not enough space on hard disk... this problem is solved and I'm going to try this out too, soon!

Any ideas why my computer shuts down using 3.10 ???

Greetings!
    Exter

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Hmm no idea at all:hmm:
    Let me ask for you Exterminas .. I feel this is a valid question;)

9. Exterminas

Exterminas New Member

*g*

Thx Mac! ^^ I feel honored that you consider my question valid! ^^ :D

10. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

hee hee no problem bud .. I always like to see newer members asking intelligent questions;)
    I just posted your problem on the Beta Tester Forum .. I'll keep you posted if I get any feedback ^^.:D

11. Exterminas

Exterminas New Member

lol ^^

^^ Thanks a lot! :) Really appreciated

12. 5sjoh

5sjoh New Member

help omegadriver~!!

i don't know why but i'm experiencing problem with my ati radeon 9600 np (not se) 128 mb
    i bought this card a month ago and i had no problem with this card
    but now i'm experiencing lockups and crash
    my computer just freezes constantly
    whenever i restart my computer it freezes again in like 5 or 10 mins.
    sometimes it says something like ati vpu something something ....... blah blah .... do u want to send this
    error message to ati? then i restart my comp
    and turn vpu thing disable but my comp keep getting freeze :sigh:
    i tried the new omega driver that's out right now
    i tried to enable fastwrite but when i restart my computer it doesn't change
    it remains as disable
    what the heck is wrong with my card?
    is there anyway i can reset my card to the original setting and everything?
    my card makes peep peep sound whenever it's freezing
    help me out omegadrive~!

:sigh: :sigh:

13. irwino

irwino New Member

RE: Catalyst 3.10 Problem

I clean installed the XP, then I loaded the driver of the Motherboard that comes with the package (CD), PC was running fast and good without the ATI 9600 Driver (CD catalyst 3.2). when I installed the Catalyst 3.2 loading of windows slowed down but I was still able to get to the desktop. When I installed the 3.10 catalyst, rebooted windows progress bar loaded and STOPS!!! and goes back rebooting itself again. I go to Safe mode to Unistall to try your Omega Catalyst 3.10 but same thing happened.

Please help me.

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe bios 1008
    2500+ Barton @ 2090ghz
    2x 256mb 2700 Infineon Dual mode
    Powercolor ATI Radeon 9600

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  14. kendall

kendall New Member

AGP Fast Write

Hi, I'm not sure if this is related to your problem, but when I installed Omega 3.10 on my system (Powercolor 9600 XT) the next thing I ran was 3DMark03 and there was severe graphic corruption - I mean, most of the time the screen was black with a couple of large triangles. I disabled AGO Fast Write (first through the ATI Control Panel and then in the BIOS just to be sure ;) ) - problem solved! And a small performance increase to boot. You could try that, if you're running out of other things to try..

Kendall
    Melbourne

15. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Re: lol ^^

This is the only feedback I have so far ....

Note: If this post results in problems for DH or Rage .. I wish for the staff to remove it ..
    Since this doesn't involve Beta releases I foresaw no problems .. Some more feedback would be welcome though :hmm:

16. Exterminas

Exterminas New Member

Uh huh oO

Hey Mac, thanks a lot...but you mean you still didn't get a good answer ?

17. GUNNIX

GUNNIX New Member

I don't know why , but I don't get agp texture acceleration on (in dxdiag) and I get agp speed 0 , instead of 4x.

Any help? I use radeon 9100, via kt266A, it happens in both win98 and win2k with cat 3.10 omega.

Everything works tho, I can run all games , etc. without a performance drop.

18. Lord Delacroix

Lord Delacroix New Member

I'm having a bit of a problem. This started when I formatted my XP Pro system and installed the 3.10 Catalyst Drivers and I was hoping the Omega Drivers would correct the problem, however, no such luck :(

System Info:

Athlon XP 2600+
    1 GB's Corsair XMS sticks X 2
    Asus A7NN8X Deluxe Mobo with the 3.13 unified driver set for the NForce2 chipset.
    Primary Display ATI 9700 Pro attached to Viewsonic P220F via DB15 connector
    Secondary Display ATI 9700 Pro attached to ViewSonic GS790 via DVI connector w/ adapter.
    Window XP service pack 1 w/ all the MS updates attached to a Window 2003 Enterprise AD Forest.
    SATA and Firewire controllers are disabled via the BIOS as is the NVidia NIC but the 3COM NIC is enabled

My typical resolutions are 1600x1200 @ 70 Hz on the primary display and 1280x1024 @ 70 Hz on the secondary display.

Everytime I reboot my system (hard or soft), the primary display reverts to 640x480 @ 60 Hz and the secondary display reverts to 1024x768 @ 60 Hz. Additionally, the primary display which has the task bar prior to the boot loses it to the secondary display.

ATI has been MOST unhelpful with regard to this problem - hope you can help.

------------ LD

19. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Well bro as I mentioned that is a forum where Beta releases are tested and discussed.
    I haven't seen an official bug report yet on your problem .. just put it up there hoping to create some feedback from the dudes who are working closely with ATI.

And I will keep ya posted as promised if I find anything out that will help ya ;)

At this point on this thread I wish to remind everyone that this was a feedback thread on Omega's Drivers. Any probs on ATI Cat 3.10's might better be directed here

Interesting .. I would like to know how and by which means you contacted ATI in regards to this problem.
    Was it another site?
    I have always found ATI helpful and friendly as I have Omega .. both encourage feedback and ideas:hmm:
    Im a lil confused LD please help me out here:(

20. javiergarza4

javiergarza4 New Member

i cant play swg

subject says it all. it goes to a black screen, or locks up, right after first 2 screens. used to work perfect on catalyst 3.8