Radon OEM Clocking

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by skastel, May 10, 2002.

1. skastel

skastel Massive Happiness

Anyone know how to get a OEM card running at 275/275 in Win2K, I can't get mine above 270/255!!! I'm probably putting on a bigger HSF soon, but I know I have the same cooling as retail anyone know why my card won't go any higher? If I clock it to anything higher than what it's at now the screen starts to get lines across it, and 3D games start to loose textures and draw lines that shouldn't be there. Don't know what to do any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Yeti

Yeti New Member

The difference between the OEM and the retail cards is the BIOS. The retail cards have a BIOS with a Higher Voltage (Core/mem) if you flash your vidcard bios you will be able to clock it higher.

WARNING: This does not work for everyone... some people have experienced problems with instability.

OEM cards are OEM because ATI rated them to be OEM. Retail cards are better.
    e.g. flashing a GF3ti200 with a GF3ti500 bios will not make it a GF3ti500 (bad example i know but bear with me.)

3. Mize

Mize The quiet one

Voltage is the key thing. If you're willing to risk frying your card you can pencil mod the voltages (vcore and vmem). There are a number of guides out there...this one is good: Pencil Mod Guide . Please don't even THINK about pencil mods without a voltmeter! I would also recommend keeping Vcore < 2V and Vmem < 4V. You can see my mod in the sig.

Mize

4. Mize

Mize The quiet one

Re:

The fastest Radeon 8500 that I know of was an LE...Macci's 380 ish...now, granted it's a watercooled, Peltier rig...:)

Mize

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Re:

380!!!!!! really? holy crap :rolleyes:

6. AlternateVirus

AlternateVirus New Member

Macci's 380

anybody know his benchmarks for the card?

7. Mize

Mize The quiet one

Re:

He pulled those off of ORB, but at one point he had top spot for both Athlon and P4...He was hovering in the mid-11k range for the Athlon and broke 12k with that Radeon and a P4. Unfortunately, that tweaked LE's memory would break 310 if memory serves...

Mize