Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

2. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Love Blizzard taking the piss out of consoles :D

3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Loved the YouTube one! :D

4. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Play them off, flugelhorn feline...

5. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Active Member

oh wow that UCLA girl wasn't that fat before? Looking at her old photos, she's actually decently hot. As an Asian, I agree with some of the stuff she said. It's really annoying whenever there are noisy people in the library and Asian immigrants are notorious for not observing the peace. Plus UCLA is like 99% Asian so she's S.O.L. lol. I think the hate for this girl is way too overblown.

I used to spend every Saturday at this small public library so I can have quiet time to write and there was this guy who wants the world to know that he's a great dad and he reads books to his kids. It's a nice gesture as a father and there is a separate area for children to read but he insists on sitting in the table positioned in the middle of everyone studying where he can read out loud to his son. What a douchebag.

Also, there was once a flasher in that library, and some old South-Asian woman was crying because this guy was tugging it in front of her. I thought it was going to be some creepy old guy in a trench coat but it was some college age guy who looks like he could be in an Tommy Hilfiger ad, dressed like it too. totally didn't expect that. lol

6. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Sometimes it can be embarrassing to be a "Normal" Citizen at times....

I just nipped out to my local Newsagents.. And while i were in the line to pay for my item...

A mother and three girls came in behind me...

The Mum Said something (Obviously a little drunk) came out a little inccorect....She said to herself (Out loud) i don't know why i said what i did...

Her (presumed) Daughter around the age of 8 or so innocently said "thats because you are drunk" you know Kids say things that are straight up...

The mothers reply left me chocking not to say anything...

Her reply were "do you want a F*cking smack in the Gob" if you say that again you "F*cking will get one"

I don't know for sure if she meant it.....But in a small shop with around 8 people or so inside there were no obvious "shame" to say what she done so to such a young child...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  7. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I hate it when people are obviously bad parents in public... you kinda should do something, but kinda shouldn't D:

8. IvanV

9. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

For the last hour or so i've been attempting to set up some form of file sharing over my wireless network so i don't have to bother with SD Cards and Memory sticks for swapping files about. Eventually i managed to setup a Windows homegroup and tweak the network sharing options on my HDD's so instead of attempting to access the Homegroup share (Which Windows wouldn't let Linux access), It's simply accessing the HDD via a different network path.

I'm currently transferring some of my music off my desktop onto my netbook via SMB Protocol with Konqueror, 750 kb/s isn't bad considering there's 4 devices (My computer, My Netbook, my Blackberry and my mum's Blackberry) accessing the network and i'm downloading a file :)

Quite chuffed with myself, Wasn't convinced i'd be able to get this working at first.

10. isaak

isaak Well-Known Member

Networks (for me) are always the biggest hassles about computers.... then theres drivers... then anti virus.... the list goes on :)

11. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

[​IMG]

For those who have a Facebook account, proof here.

I think, beyond all doubt, Synthesis's cactus has been named.

12. IvanV

13. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

HIS NAME IS CLAUDIUS.

(I dont really know, but you tagged like six British people as him. The hell.)

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

And how do you know "CLAUDIUS" isn't British? Did he tell you?

15. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

He was imported.

From Arizona.

16. IvanV

I just saw this and I have to take a poke at Apple products and their buyers: Microsoft's first hardware product. Basically, a business would buy Apple IIs (which cost how much, surely $1000+?), but, before starting to do any real work on them, they'd have to kit them all out with this $350 card which upgraded their mighty machine with an awesome 2MHz Z80 or else they were unable to run any business software? Brilliant! :rofl:

17. Tyrsonswood

I used to have one of those....... :uhoh:

I also had a system called an "Orange" that looked like an Apple II and had both the Z80 and 6502 on the same motherboard..... At re-boot you could chose which processor to run via a switch and load the appropriate OS floppy disk in drive "A". :cool:

18. IvanV

Well, from a purely technical point of view, having 2 CPUs with 2 different architectures in a single case is pretty cool. I just think that, for a business that needed specific CM/M applications, there must have been a more sensible choice than buying one whole computer, with a CPU and an OS of it's own and all, and then converting it to a completely different architecture and operating system so they could actually do the work for which they were needed. Though that depends on the price of equivalent CP/M capable systems of the day, I suppose.

19. Tyrsonswood

Many or most CP/M systems back then were S100 bus based and somewhat proprietary. The bus was open architecture but each brand of main processing board had it's own flavor of CP/M. I had a Northstar system for awhile but could never find the OS floppys. (well actually I did find a set but the guy wanted too much, didn't know if the floppys worked and wouldn't sell without additional hardware I didn't want) These systems had 8" floppy drives instead of the Apple II 5 1/4 Floppy and were very pricey. When new the Apple II and add in card was probably cost effective. It is funny that Apple couldn't run good business software though.... ;)

20. IvanV

So, apparently, the magical solid capacitors swell and bulge too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a guy's GeForce 7300GT in case anyone's wondering.