Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

arguably.... you were never proper "gf/bf" to begin with anyways and short of understanding why... that cycle will always continue until a mistake/commitment is made that you or her or both feel obligated to stick to regardless of how much you don't want to later on.

and the river flows on

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Some flames are hard to extinguish. Maybe you'll find what you lacked by now. :)

3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

It's a bit like this. They say that the first love will last a lifetime. I suppose that's true, depending on if you get together or not. My first love, and I never got together with her, is someone I still dream about and haven't seen in 30 years but I don't think I'd be able to resist if she approached me.

niceguyrichy likes this.
  4. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

@Liqourice That is true, I still love my first love, it's like that for guys, but I don't think it's like that for girls. Btw, this girl is not my first love, although I love her very much and I have a feeling she cares about me lots too. I don't want to get married but for her, I would jump a canyon, Matrix style.

I should mention, in the looks department she is not striking at all, actually she is the first non-striking or ultra beautiful girl I've ever liked, and yet, I still love her so much. I just love her personality, which is why I'm thinking there may be something there for future. It's still early yet though, but we'll see.

5. Judas

first love? (to love a lifetime?) What is this crap?

6. Calliers

Judas, have you ever even been in love ever before, I mean really in love?

7. Judas

again the question.... "what is love"...?

8. Calliers

Hopefully one day you'll find out.

9. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

is it? is it really? for all guys, or just for you?
    I don't love my first love, so there goes your hypothesis :p

I find that lust is always the first step, which later on develops into love. I think most people feel the lust dissipate and assume their 'love' is gone, and as a consequence don't stick around long enough for the love to actually set in.

10. Judas

that's not an answer/explanation... that's a cop out to avoid the necessity of explaining it.

Between the biochemical reactions happening in someone's head along with the abrupt "erge"/"desire" to copulate with someone regardless of their gender can't be stated as "love".... as neshi put it, lust is probably one of the best explanations..... if you happen to be weak willed, or simply oblivious to what is going on or why you feel compelled to think "I'm in LOVE!"... well, sorry, one's delusions aren't justified... specially when they don't objectively think about what the hell they are saying or doing.

See i've bore witness to far too many real world scenarios where both women and men will panic.... or calmly play the game, a game that many know well enough to play it effectively getting what they desire/lust for because they enjoy it.... while others just kind of fumble through the game poorly and may or may not get "lucky" much like handing a child the old NES controller and watching them try and complete the first level of mario.... some have a knack for it... others aren't likely to ever see the end of it, and of course everything between with adjusting and learning from their mistakes as they die and die over again and again. Sadly though... few of these "couplings" work out.... so few specially in north america where divorce rates are insanely high... and fallout from even general relationships without marriage have resulted in some serious court time.... this is exponentially made worse by the fact that even two people living together for i believe here at least it's now 3 months basically considers you married and a woman (due to giving them such insane legal power) essentially can clean a man out, play the victim, break the law with a free pass and waltz off with all those assets without having to step foot in a courtroom while the man is fucking screwed over. So while a good portion of women are still the least likely to "approach" men, specially when they would rather let men perform the most ridiculous "mating" rituals.... either by competing with other men over stupid shit... usually idiotic pissing contests... and yet many of these women will hypocritically think and actively encourage this nonsense (yet they feel crossed if the men end up forcing the women to compete... oh the irony)... the outcomes of these kind of acts tend to dictate the mental/ethical/moral state of mind these people have.

Have any of you been told to fight over someone... if not told... it's ended up that way (i'm talking not just arguing stupidly.. but actual physical altercations to show dominance?)

As much as i hate categorization... it's hard to ignore the men/women that take on the "alpha/beta/delta/gamma" forms.... and the rarest seen "sigma"...

Again from an observation perspective around so many people that were single.... then aren't... and then are again.... most of these people seem like they simply decided to walk around while in a relationship... without a brain in their head.... "In love"... no... just blatantly stupid.... or perhaps just selfish... so long as they are getting laid, they have this kind of mindset that nothing else matters and that their goal has been obtained... meanwhile while this doesn't apply in the same way for women.... there are plenty of women with this kind of mindset... Those that become desperate while single still become just about as equally retarded.... making such grandiose leaps with such false confidence that again from an outside perspective.... they really don't look remotely intelligent.... but then again, when it works, it's quite often due to the other person they just managed to form a relationship with or got laid by... aren't exactly super clever either.

I'm not saying that all relationships are poorly thought out... it's just rare for them to be.

I personally can't figure out how people even "decide" to become couples... how does that work... many of the cases seem to happen through misunderstanding and instead of sorting it out right, they just go along with it... hell some people just assume that they are in a relationship... that shit is funny as fuck sometimes...

But i digress... back to "what is love"... no one seems to have a definite answer... it's so incredibly unclear/subjective and the defining things people rarely agree on outside of describing lust alone... plenty of people will say love "never ends".. if you love someone it just always will be.... and yet they will clearly fall out of "love" with people all the time ... so it was never love begin with by their own definition. And then theirs the self contradictory statements.. of loving someone that you hate.... oxymoron of a sorts that it is.... it's usually not actually true... it's more of amusement and enjoying being present near someone that you actively despise because they provide entertainment via their own stupidity... for example... there is no way i'd love "alpha males"... that's just silly... but i sure enjoy watching them try and work and even if they "win" in their way working their "magic" as some of them like to call it.... it's just so ridiculous how far they will go... they really look like idiots most of the time to me, but i enjoy watching the hoops they'll jump through so barbarically. Same goes for some "alpha" women... specially if some of them end up approaching me... i can't help but enjoy a least a little bit as their confidence and sense of superiority get completely destroyed by rejecting them for good/logical reasons... their reaction and usually the statement/mindset that "I'm a beautiful woman.... how dare any man refuse me!" just makes me giggle like a prepubescent teenager that just saw the most hilarious thing... granted not out loud...

I suppose the other thing that i guess really irritates me about the whole "love"/"relationship" crap i see so often.. is the fact that both men and women.. but it seems most women at least far more than men.... will consider identical actions from different people completely differently... 2....4... 10 people could perform EXACTLY the same actions, say the same thing... mirror everything identically... but she'll treat all of them differently based on assumptions/conclusions she's formed in her head without knowing any differences between them. While most of this is down to physical appearances and prejudices/stereotypes perhaps, it's amazing how many women will consider the actions of one man as extremely creepy and to avoid at all costs.. and yet another man doing EXACTLY the same thing as the best thing in the world.... "oh he's so kind and thoughtful/dreamy/perfect"... Honestly this happens so often if you're observant enough... these are women i really like to avoid due to their double/triple standards and unwavering bias against/for whatever. I don't disagree that "physical" appearances drive attractiveness in the entire equation.... but far too many women seem to REALLY dwell to much on it... sadly so do men... to the point that it's the number one factor and it doesn't matter how much of a dumb idiot a person happens to be.... if they look amazing and are physically fit... it's game on.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

12. Calliers

Ikr.

13. Calliers

So got bored, came to read your post. All I can say is this, I guess the reason people can't define "love" is because even the bible says it, God is love, like literally, true love, not just the stuff most people don't have, is what God is is made of, and even the bible says we can not understand or even fathom God with our puny minds. So there you have it, love can never be explained, it's just a feeling, that when you have it you know. You know Judas, one day you too will probably find someone and experience it too. I myself didn't want to marry and have kids, and this girl that I'm seeing now is probably the only one I would ever consider "being" with and having a family with, because, I know, that I love her, and that, is just, simply, that.

14. Judas

the bible.... a book written by many men likely hopped up on volcanic fumes... There's more wisdom in the LotR books and harry potter series than the bible could ever hope to convey... and that's ignoring the contradictions and blatant nonsense.

again, that's not really an answer... it's wishful thinking and the fact that on average there is only about 10,000 people you'll likely ever meet (in a lifetime)... and far less than 100 people you can name usually without sitting down and spending the time.... out of 7 billion people there are multitudes of people that could easily surpass that "one" in every way. The fact is that most people will grow bored/tired and simply cope/compromise with/for the lack of selection within the vicinity... and because it makes people feel better, they would rather not be reminded or told that they did this and that are others better suited out there, and that sadly, after forming the commitment, they have this bad habit of showing up suddenly sometimes too.

As an observer, it would appear that people over exaggerate the term "love" in relation to their "status" regarding someone.... overblown is putting it mildly...

15. Calliers

16. Calliers

17. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

the missus is sitting on edge of the bed getting ready for work, lays her bangles next to her as she starts to put them on, little white fluffy monster beast dives over, grabs one in his mouth, and takes off with it :D :D :D

he's funny so he is

Calliers and Tyrsonswood like this.
  18. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

So after a 2 year stuggle I finally got Internet at home and now I don't have the time to play with it at all mannnnnnnn life sucks :(

19. Calliers

Be a bum like me. :)

Cow_160483 likes this.
  20. Judas

being a bum still requires a sufficient amount of funds.... and it's not small by any means

Cow_160483 likes this.