Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Now I feel smart for not saying 'boy'. :D

You reminded me of an anecdote with the "walking around with eyes and ears shut" remark. I bumped into a friend on that occasion and she was with a guy, so after introducing us, the three of us sat together for some coffee. Later that evening, I was talking to her on the phone and she asked me if I had noticed that S was gay. I said that I did and she was really surprised and wanted to know how. "Well, he did mention his darling..." (which has distinct masculine and feminine forms in Serbian), to which she snapped: "Oh, that son of a... He made a bet with me on that!" :D

Calliers likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Well, as you all know, I identify as LGBTABCXYZDBZ. :D

3. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

um, you do know that you're allowed to say "no", right mate? :p

or even hell no, should the situation call for it :D

Calliers and IvanV like this.
  4. Calliers

But I love her, so that's basically the reason I agreed. We've been off and on for the past 6 years.

5. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Strangely enough. THe older I've gotten, and I'll be 50 next year (OMG), I've had more and more women showing interest in me. They're also getting younger. When I was in my teens I rarely got any attention and when I did it it was mainly freshly divorced women in their 40's. Now when I'm in my late 40's I have teens hitting on me. WTF is all that about? :confused:

6. Calliers

When I was in my teens I was a chick magnet. Then from the age of 21 to 25 things were dormant. Then they slowly began to pick up again and now they're in full swing. I've also noticed that the girls interested in me are way younger than me, a lot of 18 and 19 year olds. And also it began when at 30 I stopped caring about whether anyone was interested in me or not. I think the moment you stop chasing (which is usually around 30) is the moment you begin to get chased.

7. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I don't think I was ever chasing, but basically it's been fairly smoothly upwards for me. I got zero interest as a teenager, I'd say it steadily improves year on year. I look forward to being 90.

Calliers likes this.
  8. niceguyrichy

here you go, the only bunny bowl left, all the others were pre-sold and she packaged and shipped before I got a chance to take pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  9. Calliers

I like the way it's ear is flopping over. :)

In other news I'm now level 7 on the PSN.

niceguyrichy likes this.
  10. niceguyrichy

it's quite hard to get delicate things like that to work, the kiln gets to 1227°C for the glaze firing so things like ears always try to break
    fortunately they all survived this time :)

11. Calliers

12. niceguyrichy

hey North American types
    the missus got told to use something called "car bond" for a glue type problem she has

what the hell is it? what's the equivalent over here in Blighty ??

13. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

3M makes a body adhesive for emblems, trim etc.
    it's pliable and strong

niceguyrichy likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Maybe this?

niceguyrichy likes this.
  15. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

having never chased and never was interested... nor have ever been chased.... this is on a per person basis..... and frankly the number of women and men that seem to chase whomever it is.... quite often their choices are definitely not a match, or the one they are chasing is either a terrible person or dumb as fuck, making decisions based on nearly exclusively appearances, while ignoring perhaps someone else that has a genuine interest in them but ignoring them because they don't "appear" to be as good.

If it's not appearances.. it's wealth, if it's not necessarily wealth, it's other vested interests in things like being able to achieve alternative agendas with someone's assistance, be it obtaining wealth easier, being able to live in a nicer/richer place, having more free time due to less personal expenses... or countless number of other things, including being able to more easily create/establish a business or run an existing business.

It's entirely weights and measures, the big picture is entirely that, and it's actually that simple. Whatever someone values, some of which will weight more if they value it more, that you have, is placed on the PRO side of the scale..... whatever they dislike and of course the more they dislike something, the more it weighs is placed on the CON side of the scale. So long as the scale tips towards the pro side of the scale, the person finds you attractive in whatever sense of how they perceive it, the more that it leans towards pro, the harder it hits the pro side, the more they desire you (though typically if it's leaning that damn hard, they are most likely unreasonable/illogical and worth while avoiding since their likely so infatuated with you that they are completely forgetting to fill the CON side of the scale, or in fact placing things they would consider to be CONs into the PRO section like so many fucking idiots do when any little or massively irritating thing a person does is just so damn "wonderful".). When the scale seems to hover close to being balance typically a person doesn't seem to have an interest one way or another, or rather just doesn't care one way or another. Obviously the more things lean in the CON side the more people will hate you, and of course if it's slamming against the CON side, they again are so illogical/unreasonable that they completely ignore all the pros.. or place an PRO into the con side as you simply can't do anything right at all regardless of how actually good of a job or whatever it is that you're doing, unreasonable hate is hate for no reason and plenty of people do that just because... Jealousy seems to be the kicker for many here.

I've lost count of the people i've asked them "why" and they simply don't have a reason for their relationship reasons... some of which are so ridiculous, "they make me happy" when in fact they are angry/upset more often than they are happy while involved because of whomever it is doing completely batshit crazy jackassery, intentionally hurting the one that is clearly infatuated with them. And then you have cases where quite commonly today i see men being complete parasites feeding off the woman they are involved with, and yet asking the women why they continue to tolerate it, still get not reasonable response. Both men and women are totally crazy, just as many men and women do much of the same thing, some of whom "fall in love" as they say (bullshit, pure unfiltered lust with a fancy inappropriate name), but continue to live with each other well after the fact that they have clearly HATED each other more than anything, forever letting each other gnawing at their very being go on, this is made more sad/amusing by the fact that someone vastly better suited, perhaps ideal is completely ignored and out of the picture because it's "inappropriate" for them to get involved while even in this situation since they are still technically "together" (and just to be clear, i'm not advocating cheating).

16. Calliers

I know what you speak of Judas, a friend of mine just divorced his wife, whom of course is also my friend, for this skank that just randomly happened to come along, and heck this woman did everything for him, as he is kind of disabled, she treated him so well, but now he absolutely turned her into a devil, without going into details, and she is absolutely livid at the other woman for "taking him" away from her, when he is basically just an ass hole. I tried to tell her that, she still talks to him, but for some reason she won't see reason, she is soooo obsessed with him, I don't even know how people get this way.

Myself, I'm not married, I see 99% of marriages as one person is always more obsessed with the other person, be it the man or the woman or if it's a gay marriage the man or the other man or the woman or the other woman, and one person is always full of shit, and the other is so docile and is being used by them. Usually nice women will end up with jerks and bitches end up with nice guys. That's just the way it always seems to me. And that whole saying of behind every successful man is a woman is bullshit, basically it should go behind every successful man is a woman who saw a man she could mold into what she wanted so she could use him to her own ends. Sometimes you even get marriages where both people in the marriage are using each other at the same time.... it's crazy.

17. Calliers

Post # 22,000.

I have to thank posting news for reaching this milestone so quickly, but I love doing stuff that makes the forums more juicy for the members. :)

IvanV likes this.
  18. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

just like mig... take all those new posts away .... and what are you?

19. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

What is any man without his post count?!

20. Calliers

I'm just a man. :p

Good point. :D

Like Depeche Mode say, "everything counts in large amounts".

IvanV likes this.