Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Well I don't have kids so I can't really say, I guess as a parent you feel afraid for your kids.

2. Calliers

I'm reminiscing about the day I got robbed, ain't ashamed to say I got robbed.
    It's a beautiful day someone gonn' get robbed, they wanderin around lookin' for someone to rob.

3. daithompson

daithompson New Member

So, how did it go?

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

lol trick question?

5. Calliers

Oh we're still just "friends".

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Friend zone.... lol

7. Calliers

Yup, I've been firmly placed in the friend zone. :(

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

its all rubbish

9. Calliers

Yeah, I must say, the times in my life that I've been single, with the exception of one very special relationship, have been much happier.

daithompson likes this.
  10. daithompson

daithompson New Member

Come on..really? I hated single life, especially during winter when everyone is usually in a bad mood.

11. Judas

"friendzone" is only rubbish to those that simply don't have a clue about it... it's really not a hard concept... but it's a bit perplexing why the term is so hated by so many people to the degree that they think it's just a cop out card being played. The concept is very simple... there are numerous conditions that are met by an individual, they even go as far as to list off a range of "ideal" qualities and values which another they only ever consider as a "friend" or worse... as a "brother/sister"... or even worse than that.. "father/mother" (though that gets strange, then again some people have this fetish/fantasy). Basically someone can consider you a PERFECT replica of their "ideal" partner/companion/SO/wtf-ever... and yet when either suggested or asked directly.. "Oh not you silly, you couldn't possibly fill that roll" even though in a manner of speaking, the roll has been filled, usually excluding the extracurricular activities usually involved... OR shit, even with those said extracurricular activities being performed (considering how more open and often friends with benefits plays out recently and is more accepted). When an individual is not even remotely close to being a potential candidate... at all, never was without any good reason... and trust me, as much as i've investigated this through and through... there is NO REASON majority of the time... it's nothing short of incredible... the individual that isn't being considered that is an ideal candidate simply doesn't exist at all to the person looking... entirely oblivious, self convinced without realizing it that it's not possible for whatever bizarre and unexplainable by them why. It's rather amazing when dealing with this situation, and i've dealt with it more often than most people might think, not necessarily as that individual, but again as an observer most of the time. As an individual, ask the questions and getting no answer as if the question had never been asked is kind of a strange event... clearly they can hear you, but what went through their head seems much akin to talking to a dog with a bit of a perhaps strange voice resulting in the dog cocking it's head to the side like "i think they are trying to communicate with me but i haven't the foggiest idea wtf they just said". It's amusing in retrospect, but in that very situation, it's nothing more than frustrating, like trying to deal with a tough diplomatic situation with someone and speaking different languages and suddenly losing your translator, not even hand gestures or drawings can get the point across. If someone outside suggests the union to them that they trust, it's brushed aside like a joke or completely neglected as a potential. This by far is the best description i can state as "friendzoned"... 2 individuals that get along together, share an incredible amount of time together, share the same interests and have similar goals in life, but yet seem to be the furthest from each other... like 2 magnets with both positive sides facing each other.

What is a bit unfortunate are those situations which seem genuinely honest/true that end up being for example, seasonal relationships only... though usually not told until after the fact. Rather interesting that daithompson brings up "winter" (my favorite time of the year actually)... in which being single is the "worst"... there are a boatload of individuals, and i find women more often than not, that will gladly play the roll of being in a relationship throughout the cold winter only to disengage from said relationship the moment spring breaks. While most people don't notice this because they don't seem to put 2 and 2 together, having witnessed this from the only perspective i've had being observer, it really hits many of the men hard, and once i've pointed out this fact if i've been aware of said woman's past events of having done this before, it tends to make them rather angry as the realization of being used or rather just a temp and rather meaningless months that had passed by when they really had their heart in it.

By far one of the biggest issues however is that, and even my father whom is now nearly 65 years of age had picked up on this growing issue even when he was a teen and has seen it gradually get significantly worse.... as this mostly started with the baby boomers, is the blatant self indulgent life, selfishness to such a level of having zero regard for the life of another unless it happens to suit them at the time. Zero consideration or even common sense, treating others like discardable trash and total garbage, not thinking logically about anything they are doing, just doing it right now without any patients or reasoning outside of "it feels good right now... so i'm doing wtf-ever i want because i can and FUCK everyone/everything else... even my future self". And with women getting some ovaries of steel, they are and this isn't always a bad thing obviously, but many are taking it to the extreme where they are as bad if not worse than some of the jackass men out there that do much of the same things since they've legally now have significantly more power to get away with it scott free and without any form of conscience informing of their poor or total lack of even a lowest level of dignity for anyone else other than themselves. Everyone's got a hidden dagger waiting to backstab the next person you see and the only ones able to survive have either gotten REALLY lucky, or is walking around so paranoid they don't give anyone a chance... the rest of those with one or more dagger wounds are just trying to survive and most don't either know or haven't learned still.

The growing number of people, specially men, that have stated "my happiest time of my life was when i was single" is rapidly climbing, and men aren't alone in that regard, i've seen my slightly smaller share of women that basically willfully, even with being warned, waltzed into a relationship only to get clearly used and abused... and so many of them are so stupid they'll stick to it "because i love em!".... Stockholm syndrome is very real... and plenty of men today, a growing number of men, are in the same situation where they are being physically abused to the point of broken bones that either can't seem to take the chance of leaving them for the sake of their own life (fear) or have unfortunately been wed already and are in much deeper shit due to it. (people that get married nowadays are nothing short of insane.... if you have a 60-80% chance being a man in that situation, of basically your entire life ending with a good chance of literally dying.... watch everything you owned and worked for being stolen from you legally... why? Why would you willfully invite such nonsense into your life? And when you were warned, why were you stupid enough to accept those chances?)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

13. Judas

14. Calliers

You've just gotta listen to this vaporwave mix. It is just -sweet-.

15. daithompson

daithompson New Member

Something special will come back again. At this point, i would say enjoy the freedom that comes with a single life i.e travelling!! :)

16. Judas

how can one afford to travel?

17. Calliers

I like being at the destination but I hate boarding planes and airports.

18. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Is it me, or are the two underlined sentences contradicting each other?

Google.png

19. Judas

20. Calliers

So something interesting happened to me the other day. I had bought like one hundred dollars of Riot Points for League of Legends (the in game currency that costs money, the other is Influence Points which you can get for playing) and it was just sitting in my account for a few weeks now.

Couple days ago I notice that some of it has gone missing. I also get messages when I log in telling me that one of my friends, (whom I really trust, enough to give him my password and login name, he is the only one I gave it to and I doubt he has given it to anyone else) got his "gifts" delivered to him. So I call him and ask him about it and he tells me that yes he logged in and used some of my points to get some in game stuff coz he "doesn't know why", I believe it's because I am very kind to all my friends and if they ever ask me for anything I usually get it for them if I can afford it, and I have bought skins and other things for my friends if they ask me many times. So I'm thinking he must have done it because he didn't think I would notice that some was missing because I'm super rich, at least that is what my friends think of me because probably I'm real kind to them. I wasn't angry, I just used the same tactic (keep in mind this guy is only 16 so he's young, but he's a real good kid, in fact me and my good friend Polly - who is thirty like me, when we talked about it, we said he was the last person we would expect this from) that my dad used to use on me, I told him I'm not mad (which I truly wasn't) but rather I was just disappointed in him, I told him that if he wanted anything from me all he had to do was ask because tbh I didn't even have a use for what was in there as I already have nearly all the champions in League and a skin or two for at least all the ones I own, it was just sitting in there and I probably would have hooked him up if he would have just asked.

So we ended it at that but he told my good friend Polly that he is planning to remburse me coz he feels really dumb for doing what he did and I don't deserve to be treated like that (although I think no one deserves to be treated like that). But the small circle of friends I have been playing League for the past 5 years now (and these kids are pretty good, they're all gold or platinum in the game's ranked system) must now think I have a money tree growing in my back yard and after I had talked to him, even though I stayed strong and stern during the talk, I felt bad about what had happened to me and I also felt bad because I made him feel bad and that didn't feel good. I just hope nothing like this happens again and I think this has led me to reconsider my generous nature, I guess when you're too kind sometimes people can take advantage of you. Even if it was a small amount of money that was taken, equivalent to about 25 bucks, it wasn't the amount of money so much as the feeling of the trust you had between you and the person that took it being taken into question.