Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Be nice, just leave him positive or neutral feedback.

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

If there's a neutral option, that's probably what I would go for. The question is would you buy from him again.

I don't know how long the delay was exactly and what kind of communication you two had during that time, but he did end up shipping the item to you and you got what you paid for so maybe it wasn't such a bad experience.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

5 days between purchase and his first message about shipping, (It will go out tomorrow) then he went over ten days with no response to my messages asking for a tracking number and status.... After I started the dispute he lied about who was shipping the amp in back to back messages and hadn't even shipped it yet.

He finally shipped the day after I started the dispute and sent me a photo of the shipping receipt. He never did go through normal channels with eBay listing it as "shipped" and never responded to them about the dispute. If I hadn't started the eBay dispute I doubt he would have shipped it yet.

Now he wants to be my buddy and talk about amps and guitars.... So it's not like he has problems messaging, he just wasn't responding.

Packing job on the amp was pretty bad too... He's just a bad seller. Not the worst seller, but hardly even "acceptable".

The only redeemable part about it is I have a 30 year old amp that functions.

4. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

this probably isn’t the most helpful advice, but I nursed mother through Alzheimer’s, and I learned to never take anything for granted.
    cover every angle. twice.

5. niceguyrichy

6. Calliers

@Tyrsonswood I say negative too, after hearing all of that.

7. Calliers

Something interesting is happening with my MGTOW video on YouTube, it has gained over 500 views in the last 2 days, and is at like 700 views currently, I don't even know what to say...

IvanV likes this.
  8. IvanV

We have a colleague (we'll call him A) for whom we joke that he is a bit of a miser. This is the conversation that has just taken place in the office:

A: I had such a migraine the other day, I had 6 paracetamols and they weren't helping. Then I had an ibuprofen and it worked.
    B: After 6 paracetamols, a glass of water would have worked!
    15 seconds later, seemingly unrelatedly:
    A: I paid taxes...

We all burst into laughter.

Calliers likes this.
  9. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

I never take anything for granted.. Even down to the small details of washing the Pots & Pans.. I have lost count of the times I have seen him on camera just rinse the whole lot under the cold tap....

I always end up taking the recent ones out and washing them again... He has caught me a few times and don't understand why I am washing them again..

He is a challenge and a half.. And then some ;)

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  10. Calliers

So, little update, my MGTOW video is now at over 1300 views and I've gotten almost 100 subscribers, this Youtubing thing is fun, whoo!

Edit: although I should add most of my current subscribers are family and friends, although they do say your first 100 is hard so hopefully things get rolling once I hit 100.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  11. IvanV

Vladimir Putin is in Kazakhstan. He is visiting the capital Nursultan, having landed at the Nursultan Nazarbayev airport. While there, he met (the person) Nursultan Nazarbayev and was presented with the Nursultan Nazarbayev statesmanship award.

EDIT: BTW, you've made it in life when Vladimir Putin accepts statesmanship award with your name. :D

Calliers likes this.
  12. Calliers

OMG!!!!! I had my first stream on YouTube with a bunch of other Youtubers today and there is SOOOOOOOO much drama behind the scenes, smaller Youtubers duking it out with larger Youtubers, Youtube channels losing subscribers for just a little thing or a big thing coming out, people yelling at each other left right center, I mean one day and I've already witnessed one guy go from nice guy pose like Gai Sensei in Naruto to a RAGING BULL the next second live and another guy going full on BEAST MODE in a recording, and I thought this would be a cake walk.

It's kinda like working at a 5 Star restaurant or hotel, the customers see wonderful rooms and spaces, the employees work in areas with peeling paint and ugly ass spaces, my word! I don't want to live on this planet anymore. People pull all sorts of shit to get just the slightest bit ahead of someone else, there are alliances, rules made between Youtubers, these guys look at stats and know if the same subscribers are being cannibalized by another channel, people are out here double crossing and triple crossing people once their channel experiences growth and they then stop sharing their patron accounts or paypal accounts (which to me is a bad idea to begin with) or they stop drop shipping merch with other channels, it's crazy. These people have drinking problems, drug problems, you name it, I've even come across one guy who's like come across my door and I have 3 questions for you "Do you want a 5mm, 6.8mm or 7.62mm?" in response to another Youtuber who has said that he would find their houses and kill them or something along those lines, these guys are running background checks on each other, fighting over women, and DDOSing each other, not to mention coming into chats drunk or high as hell.

And I witnessed all of this in one day lol. Wowzer.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  13. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

nothing but egos and competitive natures of which are mostly 2 faced jackasses trying to make a quick buck.... and pointing fingers to incite drama.. I refuse to have anything to do with that crap.

14. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Oh shit, it looks like I will be busy doing nothing at work for the most of this week... :(

[​IMG]

15. IvanV

If you don't think that 13 is an unlucky number, you should ask the 13 wasps that I found in my home when I came back from work today. Except you can't. Because they're dead! :cool: I sprayed the bedroom window they came through with some nastiness that I had laying around for good measure (it was after that that I found the last two, already dying).

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

You missed the 5 hiding in your bed waiting for you to go to sleep tonight....

IvanV likes this.
  17. Calliers

18. IvanV

It's been 48h and I haven't found any new visitors. :) :knocks_on_wood:

Calliers likes this.
  19. niceguyrichy

20. niceguyrichy