Randomness Resurected

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dj_stick, Dec 12, 2004.

1. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

Ah, gotcha. What a pain the ass. Unfortunately there's to much money involved that those things won't go away, all you can do is block them the best you can.

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

1.jpg My Great nephew, looks all well after a week old..

Sorry to say after this photo were taken he has been in hospital for the last two days with breathing problems... The next few week is crucial as he has 3 holes in his heart...

It is 50 - 50. They could heal in the next couple of weeks, Could also mean surgery to correct them .. Or well I hope it don't come to that.

So what his future Is going to be like over the next couple of weeks is unknown :(

Tyrsonswood, Dyre Straits and IvanV like this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Hoping for the best...

MIG-31 likes this.
  4. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

hey that sucks Mig, hope it works out & the wee guy is ok

MIG-31 likes this.
  5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I found this interesting and funny to watch. :) The author gets a little philosophical 3:10 - 5:50, but that part is completely optional (it doesn't talk about music). The rest is good and really shows how the "genre" works (the author shows real life examples and constructs his own).

6. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

After posting this back on the 19th of oct, to this date the little chap has not been strong enough to leave hospital...

It is starting to lean towards Surgery.. :( for the little boy.

7. Tyrsonswood

Sorry to hear that, man...

8. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

I'm really sorry to return to such bad news @MIG-31. :(

I'm back from my GTA Online sabbatical and I've pretty much gotten everything in the game so far though granted I did get a few shark cards from friends as well as the Criminal Enterprise Starter pack.

My flippin bank has frozen my account just because I changed a couple numbers linked to my account shortly before they issued a new credit card to me, so now I have to wait till the end of the month to access any funds. :mad:

I've had to work through this whole month with cash which thankfully I always keep a little of. Oh well, at least I only have a couple days to wait. And they haven't stopped funds from being deposited into my account.

9. niceguyrichy

Calliers likes this.
  10. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Yup, and they went and charged me 40 freakin bucks for one call in which someone called me from overseas, [email protected]#$!

11. niceguyrichy

sounds like you need to change your bank mate :-/

12. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

Hey guys. It's been a while. Thought I'd strut around here and see what the ol' place is like.

niceguyrichy and Tyrsonswood like this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Welcome back....

Who are you, again?

14. CDsDontBurn

I'm that one dude with the hair and the eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  15. niceguyrichy

good god

how’s life mate?

16. CDsDontBurn

How's life? Where do I start? LOL

17. niceguyrichy

give it a go

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  18. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Phospors used in CRT displays have nothing to do with phosphorus. :eek:

Calliers likes this.
  19. CDsDontBurn

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back. I originally started writing the same day and then my Tapatalk app crashed. I was almost done writing too!

Anyway, in the last year (my last post here was Oct. 2018) lots of things have happened in my professional life, and it was all lame.

In June 2018, I was supposed to be promoted to a particular department within my employer but they never hired me on. I later found out why and it was because I said I didn't want to be part of the "carrot and stick" with the eventual promotion (I was "on loan" to this department from my department and they told me that they would hire me on with a promotion later on). A different department ended up hiring me on for the position I had applied to (you apply for the position and are placed in a pool, in which different departments can pull from the pool and hire from there). It was all fine and dandy for the first 6mo. That's when my hiring supervisor left and the other team's supervisor became my temporary supervisor until a replacement was filled. My supervisor asked all of us who were on his team to apply for his position, so I did....while still on probation. Two other staff internal to the department applied as well, they had been with the department for 3 and 6 years respectively. I placed higher rank than both of them on the pool. I don't think that my temporary supervisor liked that and on the last day of my probation period, he let me go. The reason why was completely arbitrary being "you don't fit in". 9 months down the drain.

Thankfully, my employer allows an employee to return to former classification if they are a regular employee, meaning not on probation, not a temporary worker, or not a contract employee. So I still have a job at least, but the first four months since retuning was pretty demoralizing and depressing period for me personally. I'm over it now, but still get bouts of rage and / or sadness because of it from time to time.

Now, I am looking forward to a potential new promotion as an entry level project manager. The position seems to be in the bag so long as I can get passed HR's BS application process. And if I can't get beyond the application process for one reason or another, I have also applied to several other positions. Hopefully one of those will get me through and move upwards the career ladder.

Personally, all is well. Both my kids are in school now. My girl is 9 and my boy is 5. I'm having a hard time helping my daughter with her math homework because, if you haven't already heard, they "changed" math here in the US a few years ago. I find it hard to conceptualize this Common Core math BS the same way I was taught to conceptualize math.

Here at home I have a few projects going on, my big one being my bathroom remodel. I've done a lot to it, and taken it down to studs, pulled out all the rotted wood, resurfaced the ceiling, put in a new window, and I have much more to do still. The next step will be to install my new bathtub. After this bathroom is done, I will be doing my son's bedroom, and finally the master bedroom.

Speaking of my house, recently we had some Santa Ana Winds where I live. They're nothing new as they happen every year off and on between late September to as late as early February. This year however, they caused damage to my aluminum patio. The winds caused the aluminum patio to lift up and bend several of the slats.

My wife and I are at a crossroads in regards to selling our house or not. For the same amount of money we would spend on remodeling our house by adding two new rooms, we would spend just as much as buying a new five bedroom house, so it's a "what do we do?" type thing.

The project car is still there in the garage. I've collected nearly all the parts I need in order for me to begin working on the car. Everything I'm doing to the car includes:

• A complete suspension rebuild; poly bushings everywhere, lowering kit, custom shocks setup up front
    • A 5spd manual transmission swap as the current automatic transmission took a dump
    • A rear differential swap, the stock open ratio held inside a cast iron casing is 3.27. I'm swapping it out over to an aluminum casing, going over to limited slip, and bumping up the ratio to 3.73

I have a long compressive list of parts and places of purchase for each and every single one of these items. It's a very detailed list and many people have asked me for a copy of the list as it has part numbers for Ford, various OEM partners, and performance aftermarket manufacturers, etc. I hope to have the car completed soon because the transmission in my daily driver is starting to fail...

[​IMG]