Really Upset Drivers Not working anymore

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by ToolPunkXS, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ToolPunkXS

ToolPunkXS New Member

XFi Xtreme Music
    All done in a clean boot/Antivirus Disabled

I am really mad right now.

I have used the PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2013 V1.05 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default Tweak Edition for a very long time. Today I got the great idea to check for an updated version and to my excitement there were several 2014 releases. My excitement though would not last long.

I Went into control panel and uninstalled all Creative applications/drivers.
    I then went into the Device Manager and uninstalled the Creative SB XFi.
    I ran Driver Cleaner and CCleaner, delete all Creative folders.
    Pretty much wiped Creative from the computer.

This next part is where all my hair got pulled out and I wasted 4 hours of my life.

I extracted PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2014V 1.30 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default Tweak Edition opened up the folder and ran Setup.exe. After selecting English and clicking next things got weird. The status circle goes round and round on my cursor and I get no pop up screens asking me to choose anything. After about ten minutes the circle disappears. The setup seems to finish but it only installs Creative Audio Control Panel and Creative Software Auto Update. Upon rebooting Creative Software Auto Update pops up I close that. Everything seems to be done at that point but here is where more frustration comes in.

WHERE? is my console launcher? Not the dumb tabbed one. The one I access through... oh wait I don't have my Volume Panel either or my THX Console. I also do not have Creative Alchemy. I went back into the PAX Driver folder and tried running the Setup.exe in the other folders, for example, the VolPanel folder. These other setup.exe pop up an install window and then it just closes nothing happens.

I then go through the whole Wipe and Install of all the PAX Drivers starting with trying my original 2013 ones and then trying a couple other 2014 ones. All with the same results.

Now I am stuck with the same thing creative offers, a set of drivers that I cant be sure installed correctly and a very frustrating tabbed audio console switcher.

PLEASE HELP!! Thank you!

2. gk8aq

gk8aq Active Member

Try this set. It is modded by me and it comes originally from PAX and this is what I use till today! Don't forget to uninstall everything and also to boot windows with disabled signature enforcement, before you go through.

https://www.mediafire.com/?zi47m4whc815jg9

3. ToolPunkXS

ToolPunkXS New Member

Yea... so.. same result. Installs Creative Audio Control Panel and Creative Software AutoUpdate and driver but I still have no VolPanel in taskbar and none of the Consoles are installed or Creative Alchemy. Trying to go into the individual folders to install them results in nothing.

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Odd Setup should work did you run reg fixer and delete the reg creative? and stop creative service?

5. ToolPunkXS

ToolPunkXS New Member

Yep cleaned everything. The setup installs the driver, Creative Audio Control Panel and Creative Software AutoUpdate and then it stops. Creative Software AutoUpdate pops open when I restart, I hit cancel and that's it. I cant run Setup from any other folder. When I do, installshield pops up says preparing for install, the bar fills up and then it closes.

Trying to figure out if something else is causing it but haven't figured it out yet.

6. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I can walked you threw on skype later on if you wish even team viewer to see whats going on.

7. ToolPunkXS

ToolPunkXS New Member

Thanks for all the help guys but I TECH SMASHED IT!! lol anyway.... Some how my DEP got set to always on. I ran the command to set it always off and then ran the MSoft fix to re-enable the greyed out choices so that I can choose "Enable for essential programs only".

DEP was crashing Installshield. Re Cleaning and installing. YAY!!! I love Computers and Hate them...