Realtek/Soundmax Modds + SB X-fi MB 1.2

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by -Alexa-, Apr 9, 2011.

1. wolkaz

wolkaz New Member

Alexa please mode these drivers :)

2. mario64

mario64 New Member

Will this work without using the modded Realtek drivers? If I understand correctly they just contain 'tweaks' to improve audio quality, right? If so, I'd just as soon stay with stock and add the Creative software on top.

3. wolkaz

wolkaz New Member

It would not work with not modded drivers. Creative sofware would not discover your audio hardware as available. Do instalation step by step as Alexa wrote.

4. -Alexa-

-Alexa- New Member

5. cmhdream

cmhdream Active Member

6. atomizer123

atomizer123 New Member

This seems to be working fine with my GX740 but I don't like the SRS effects at all..
    EAX 4 seems to be interesting, will try with games.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  7. nanashiRei

nanashiRei New Member

As you want Soundmax users to test, i did with the links in the first post, it doesn't really work. My Sub gives me zero output and changing settings in the Console Launcher doesn't do anything, not even Volume :S

What's going on? :D

Edit:
    I just noticed as i was trying to see if winshit did detect the audio right, there was something funny going on. I clicked on the sub and there was output! However music does not have any bass :(

8. Josekis2k

Josekis2k New Member

Please post any link for SB_X-Fi_MB_1.3.rar again :sigh: It´s broken! :(

9. cmhdream

cmhdream Active Member

becasue have x-fi 1.9 link above.

10. -Alexa-

-Alexa- New Member

Did you ucheck full range speakers and check bass crossover in console launcher?

11. nanashiRei

nanashiRei New Member

No i have center disabled and speakers to non-full-range, cuz they are not. Funny thing is, when i use Media Player Classic's built in Mixer i can redirect the bass from the surround channels to the sub and have bass (not really good since 5.1 does not really have that much bass on the surround channels but at least this let's me know the sub is working, but not "upmixing" for stereo input).

12. -Alexa-

-Alexa- New Member

In console laucher set X-fi cmss 3d to stereo surround and turn on bass management and turn off mixer in ffdshow.

13. nanashiRei

nanashiRei New Member

http://puu.sh/25vq
    http://puu.sh/25vs
    http://puu.sh/25vt
    http://puu.sh/25vu

That's what i have and it doesn't work. In MPC i have to use the mixer or i don't have any bass at all. I reverted to original drivers for now, which does work :/

If you know a solution let me know

14. Steve30x

Steve30x New Member

Thank you for this. I am just wondering if the tweaks are in the creative driver or the other drivers? I ask because I have this installed on my Asus Maximus III Gene with a VIA Audio Chipset (the motherboard comes with XFI drivers). The Creative software works flawlessly , but I dont hear any difference in audio quality. I actually have less bass in music now with full range speakers unchecked and bass management enablet in creative control panel.

Heres a download link to the VIA audio codec for my motherboard : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/VIA_Audio_V6017430.zip

15. yuyue

yuyue New Member

Hello, I'm getting a message when I try to open the console launcher of the XFi Mb 1.9 saying: "There are no audio device avaliable. You need to close the application. Click OK to close the application now."

Do you know how to solve it?

16. BJ12

BJ12 New Member

Thanks cmhdream.

After much reading, this thread appears to be for those who want to add certain features of the X-FI MB software without actually purchasing it. The efforts and mess people have created with installing, sweeping, reinstalling, OS installs...is just to get $20-$30 worth of software for free? I must be missing something else here.

I installed MB2 in addition to the current Dell OEM WavesMaxx3 and just didn't see the value of the additional MB2 features. But we don't use this laptop for games or send entertainment to TV's. Seems to me Realtek WM3 has everything we need, even for watching movies on the laptop. We have a seperate Onkyo 7.1 AV unit that feeds our 8 Harmon Kardon speakers.

BTW - Dell offers X-FI MB2 on their website as an accessory purchase. Part#: A4753102. Only v1.2 is available as a tick option when configuring an order for a Dell PC/Laptop. Dell shipped us MB2 after recognizing the manufacturer states only MB2 was built for Windows 7. I think many Dell customers with Windows 7 would be surprised to know how many of the drivers/apps that came on their new W7 PC are actually apps for Vista, tweaked to install on W7. This saves Dells $$ over purchasing the vendors W7 designed app/drivers. PowerDVD, Renasus, Realtek, AverMedia just to name a few.

For instance, new Dell Sandy Bridge PC's ship with PowerDVD 9.6 3D. However, the version designed to work with Sandy Bridge on W7 and take advantage of all the 3D capabilities is version 11 - which you can upgrade to.

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  17. darkasylum666

darkasylum666 New Member

Sir Alexa/cmhdream, could you please mod Realtek 2.22 driver

Realtek HD Audio 2.22 Driver

newer drivers doesnt work properly with my soundcard alc883. newer drivers produce choppy sounds. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  18. mitchy

mitchy New Member

i cant get this to work just says no supported device, tried installing an unistalling and different versions to no avail

my hardware id is
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_989B&SUBSYS_10438372&REV_1003

19. inteks

inteks New Member

hi,

how does the Realtek driver divers from orginal ? does it sound better ? (and why?) i dont like to install the "bloatware"

20. geokilla

geokilla New Member

None of the drivers here work for me along with the Creative software... Back to the official Realtek drivers I go.