Roadee's Fastest Rig Competition Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by WildChild, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

can i add something that should be made a rule:

ALL PCMark/3DMark tests ran must run that same suite of tests as the free version. To provide conclusive stability throughout the testing and benchmarking PLUS to better comparitive ideas.

For example, the pro users have the ability to say, skip the CPU tests and the lot. While this doesn't seem like a huge deal, quite often i've seen everything else pass BUT the cpu test due to slight instability problems at that lvl. Also, having the cpu tests there guarantee better ideas of where someones machine may be identical, but failing to perform. If all we get is strickly enough tests done to get a score and that's it, i think it's kinda countering those without the pro versions.

At the very least, ALL Tests forced in the Free versions should be identically ran if you have the pro versions, no score should be accepted without them being completed.

2. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

i was screwed absolutely ages ago for this thread :)
    don't you reckon mobo and gfx card manufacturers should try Dual AGP?
    i would BUY dual AGP if they made it, it would have the same benefits as dual PCI-E x16
    just with half the memory bandwith

3. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

nuff said... I second that

I 100% agree with this. A system clocked at 3.8ghz on a e6300 may run enough to get by but the cpu stress would normally crash it. I like that so much. go judas

4. GutterPunk

Does Intel Stock mean no 8800GTX since it is dx10 capable? Thats no fair if so

5. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

Well that wont matter at end of march, since ATI is gonna smoke Nvidia :D

EDIT: And I skip the CPU tests out of convenience as do alot of other people that bench alot, they take forever and I dont particuarly like looking at images 1-2fps across my screen haha. But yeah that seems fair to run it that way.

6. GutterPunk

Out of curiousity is this going to be considered?!

totally seems the fairest!!!!!!!!!

7. Judas

it's realy weird.... but it appears that the CPU test actually affect the results..... my AMD vs intel rig with nearly identical compoents, all scored pretty much identically (when setup to do so)..... 3D wise, so the only difference was CPU results, and this effect my overall 3DMark06 score significantly....

I didn't mean in any way that results without those cpu tests done should be completely invalidated.... just saying that there should be a solid baises, a controlled benchmark enviroment that everyone has to follow through so no one can claim fowl and that we are all sure of the results, and can thoroughly compare the best we can.

It just irritates me that i can look at my 3dmark06 score, and my 3dmarks seperatly againest someone with a different score, and come to the conclusion that 3dmark06 is messed up because someone didn't test the cpu, and somehow ends up with a higher score for no apparent reason.

8. Judas

hey you might wanna update your sig, and maybe post a link to your scores... so i can compare.. i'll post mine after ;) :D :p

9. GutterPunk

BOOO!!! Im scared lol... they aren't very good. Since I'm running Vista Ultimate, I can't even OC my Vid Card! Also, I have having a few issues.

10. SilentSociety

SilentSociety New Member

Hey guys! Guess what I got, other than a vagina and tits :bleh:. As of right now, I hold the AMD Pro Stock title :D.

Necrosis likes this.
  11. ChaosMinionX

Nice :D Now you gotta OC that rig to remove the bottleneck on that poor G80

12. Judas

you forgot pink signature.........:p

erm, should i... or shouldn't i...

revive the AMD crossfire rig with the just shy of 10,000 pointer final score........

in another words...

be a jackass and take the AMD Pro Stock crown again.... or..... just let it be... hmmm

13. SilentSociety

SilentSociety New Member

Now, do you really want to take away this title away from the only non-staff female that posts on DH? If you do, you'd be a cold, heartless, bastard of a child :).

Besides Judas, you took down your earned avatar well before I took this title from you. It seemed to me that you really didn't care much to keep having this title. I think I should keep it for now ;). If it were to be taken from me, it should be from somebody else, not you.

14. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

o_O Judas. you got burned by my sis! :rofl:

15. Judas

Hardly,

But considering what i had stated earlier, she stated precisely what i already knew. What's to get burned about.

Now trying to read the Florecent Pink signature may cause ones eyes to bleed, i don't draw any specific conclusion on it solely.

Yes, i gave up the AMD Stock Avatar and title because i had switch my main rig over to the intel setup. And considering that enless you had 2 8800's in SLI, on an AMD rig, it would have been quite difficult to beat my x1900's in crossfire (or had nearly the same rig as me.... but no one even attempted to take it.... poor me :( )..

Enjoy the title, i was just trying to raise shit (ding ding ding, i did it! )

btw, cd's, why can't you come up with something that brilliantly put :p.... ;)

16. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

meh, she had alot of background programs running, windows wasn't tweaked, her HDDs aren't defragged, and for whatever reason that i can't figure out, iexplorer.exe will not close. i've checked it out, and when i go to force it closed in task manager, it'll re-open itself and consume anywhere from 60Mb to 80 Mb if it's closed. Now, if an IE window gets opened up, then it'll take up about an extra 30Mb or so. and IMO, you are right about your x-fire set-up making it difficult for it beat her single g80.

IMO, i think a new PSU would help her out too. That, and figuring out how to OC her x2 proc.

17. Judas

4200+ vs a 4400+?

is that AM2 or 939?

18. ChaosMinionX

19. Judas

hmm.. i know the ram i got in that machine doesn't go all that high performance wise... but i got some pretty steller timings on it... specially for being 2gb kit...

20. ChaosMinionX

Lets see what it can do :D