Rural area's gets futt bucked yet again.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Judas, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

For anyone with a clue or have looked outside of their own small little world will know something.... those that live out in the sticks/boonies/rural areas, most if not all of them pay massive amounts for most of the advancements that get thrown into the cities.... while in the city you may only pay $35 for a hookup fee.... out in the rural areas it's upwards of $1500 for a worse connection... and that's just a connection hook up without doing anything else, and that's assuming you can even get a physical connection (which is limited to only about 40 villages/towns). While in town i pay $80 a month for 5mbps/10mbps down and 0.1-0.5mbps up... which is the BEST available... (can't even play overwatch on a connection like this... anything more than 6 or 8 players in a single match will cause the ping/connection to fly apart at the seams)... meanwhile in the city, for 8mbps down and 2mbps fiber, it's about $35-40/m, while for $80, 50-100Mbps down and several Mbps up is easily obtained, and well 250mbps down and i believe it's 125mbps up is $130/m.

But here's the kicker, few have access to the physical line in a village/town.. so they are limited to rural wireless options, one of which is fusion from the same isp.. which when launched.. was 5mbps down and 2mbps ... it had a 50GB throttle point which would reduce you to 2-3mbps down and 2mbps up with no data limits. All of this was for $80 a month plus your agreement to pay $600-800 dollars for the equipment (later reduced to $250 recently) PLUS the installation costs which usually ran in around the $250-300 mark which meant initial subscribers had to foot a close to if not excess of $1000 just to get started.

However starting october (this month soon), they've changed their plan... no longer a throttle limit.. cap is set at 100GB with every additional 25GB costing $20 extra..... however at 200GB (which would mean that you'd already be paying $160), each additional 1GB of data used will cost $3 per.. which means that for 250GB of used data, the bill would be $310.

Some of the people in the city go through 1TB of data in a month BY THEMSELVES without any family members... at all.. for their own entertainment uses.... but many of the people out there, due to their distances, including teachers that are required to use the internet to teach classes, are forced into using it since there is no other alternative available capable of providing what is needed. Add to this family members, for every additional person simply multiplies the service consumption, it is not difficult for a family of say 4 or 5 to eat 300-500GB of data without really doing much at all.

100GB of data limit at 5mbps means that you can totally consume everything available in 47 hours roughly... @ 200gb that gives you roughly 94 hours but costs you $160 dollars.

500GB = $1060/m
    1TB = $2,560/m

If i was stuck on this system (and they better not implement it on my physical connection) my bill just for the computer work i deal with, since just doing a single clean install of windows 10 can consume upwards of 2-5GB of data within a single day.... 350MB video driver... another 300MB audio driver... 50-500MB worth of additional other drivers and that's before jumping on printer drivers even... Add to this almost all software packages are digital and due to location are pretty much limiting us to being forced to get them via digital since we can't just "run out to the local staples/store". Everything eating in my data usage... Looking at the average over the last 6 months... my bill on system like that would be in excess of $1200...

Keep in mind one fact..... both DOWNLOAD data and UPLOAD DATA factor into the total... so if you download 75GB but upload 25GB.. you've hit the 100GB cap.

How screwed would you be?

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

And I stopped reading. Always a good move to start a long document by attacking your readers.

3. Judas

How did i attack my readers? If a reader is unaware of a problem... they cannot be entirely blamed for it... but it's not a crime to admit ignorance in the matter... let alone point it out. You came off a bit SJW there though... lol

4. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Sorry Judas but I had the same thought your opening sentance is a little condescending

5. Judas

why?

6. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Also stopped at the first line, If you want people to listen to you, Don't immediately make them feel like shit you've just stepped in.

7. Judas

why do you think this, what is wrong with their reading comprehension of what is being said and how it's totally not referring to them exclusively or in any way intending to offend them... i can't control that factor... why do you people feel inclined to self inflict?

8. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Judas stop and think for a change. Any chance that not everybody else is wrong and the problem lies indeed...with what you did?

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  9. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Lol, hai gais, wuts goin on in dis thread? :)

10. Judas

I didn't say anyone was wrong... but think for a minute... how exactly was being condescending?

11. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Judas, no matter what anyone says about you, there are two things about you I respect.

1) You are not afraid to speak your mind, in any situation and

2) You are a thinking man.

Even though you may not be perfect, at least you are better than the average sheeple out there.