Samsung Tablet A: Fast Battery Drain

Discussion in 'Smartphone & Tablets Discussion / Support' started by Dyre Straits, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

For some time now, I've noticed that the battery has failed to fully charge to 100%....even after being on the charger overnight. I seem to have resolved that problem over the past few days.

But, what continues to happen is that the battery drains very fast....even after I power it down after only an hour's use or so. I used it for about 2 1/2 hours yesterday and the battery was showing 34% before I put it back on the charger.

I've run the Device Maintenance app a couple of times and that's not pointing to any particular app...or apps...causing any drainage.

This tablet was bought new only about six months ago.

Any thoughts or suggestions to see if I can get a longer use out of it during the day without resorting to midday charging? (I'd actually like to be able to use this tablet in my job if I can get it to last at least a full day's worth!)

Mr Cairo likes this.
  2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Other than the obvious ones like is there anything new on there, is something trying to download and failing so its constantly working in the background, is there a message that hasn't sent that is constantly trying to connect .... have you tried turning off bluetooth, Wifi etc see if battery drain stops ... Problem with this Dyre is im fairly sure you would have thought of any of the things I could suggest

Dyre Straits likes this.
  3. Dyre Straits

Well, even the issue with failing to fully recharge has repeated. It stopped at 88% this time.

4. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Could it be the Battery itself is dying and failing to hold its charge ?

Dyre Straits likes this.
  5. Dyre Straits

Anything is possible. But, yes, I'm considering ordering a battery for it.

6. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

It's a pity that the original battery lasted not more than 6 months. That is unacceptable.